BP

Roughyed Rats

24 minutes ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Following the early positive rumblings has anybody heard anything about us potentially playing at BP next season? Has CH approached Frank Rothwell? It all seems to have gone a little bit quiet?

From what little info we've had, we know Frank mentioned getting "the rugby" back. I also believe that the council were looking at being involved, dunno where I heard it but it involves a new pitch. So I guess there are many balls to juggle before any announcements are made.

52 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

From what little info we've had, we know Frank mentioned getting "the rugby" back. I also believe that the council were looking at being involved, dunno where I heard it but it involves a new pitch. So I guess there are many balls to juggle before any announcements are made.

Sounds pretty positive and looks like it suits all parties. Has anyone released anything saying that discussions have taken place? I've googled but found nothing out there. For me it's absolutely critical if we are going to try and get into the Championship and achieve Cat B status (I'm assuming ground / facilities will be one of the criteria). Whitebank served a purpose but we have to be at BP if we have any kind of ambition to do something other than just survive. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Curlywurly2 said:

An old School friend of mine works at BP and has told me that the Rugby isn't welcome there 🙁

Not surprising tbh. I too know someone who works at latics. They said pretty much the same thing and that was some time ago. Seems like bridges burnt.

13 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Not surprising tbh. I too know someone who works at latics. They said pretty much the same thing and that was some time ago. Seems like bridges burnt.

Well, good job it's not up to your mate who works there! The pod cast is from July. As we all know , a week is a long time in politics, never mind rugby league. So let's just see what happens. TBH, latics could do with extra income, and a relayed pitch. So let's just see what the intermediaries come up with.

• Like 4

Just now, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Well, good job it's not up to your mate who works there! The pod cast is from July. As we all know , a week is a long time in politics, never mind rugby league. So let's just see what happens. TBH, latics could do with extra income, and a relayed pitch. So let's just see what the intermediaries come up with. Signings ok so far. And if those potential signings come off we'll be up there where it matters.

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

You do know where the team have been based for training all last season dont you? 

Ask your mate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, herbie said:

You do know where the team have been based for training all last season dont you? 

Ask your mate.

On little Wembley and out of the north stand at BP; courtesy of the previous owners Brass Bank Limited. However, that has now been sold to Frank Rothwell, so presumably the balls firmly in his court now?

Edited by Roughyed Rats
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tangle said:

I don’t mind where we play obviously BP would be great the only difference between me and some of the doom merchants is I actually go 

Who is doom and gloom on this thread? I'm pretty sure we all agree that BP would be the best option and we are hoping that it comes to fruition, so not sure what the issue or your point actually is??

Edited by Roughyed Rats

14 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Well, good job it's not up to your mate who works there! The pod cast is from July. As we all know , a week is a long time in politics, never mind rugby league. So let's just see what happens. TBH, latics could do with extra income, and a relayed pitch. So let's just see what the intermediaries come up with.

As I said it was some time ago she said that to me.

13 hours ago, herbie said:

Ask your mate.

As I said it was some time ago I was told. It'd be great for the club if they could play in a proper stadium in the town. No haven't got a clue where they train. More bothered about how they're performing.

• Like 1

Just read a piece on the RFL site about hornets releasing a dozen or so players and how they're having to cut their cloth accordingly. It seems their relationship with the football club is having a negative impact. Income from ground related streams, such as car parking,  has been severed. Just shows what a nightmare it can be negotiating with a potential landlord. Although the deal we had with stalybridge would give us an insight into what is needed. I'm sure latics would be looking at something beneficial and concrete and sustainable.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Just read a piece on the RFL site about hornets releasing a dozen or so players and how they're having to cut their cloth accordingly. It seems their relationship with the football club is having a negative impact. Income from ground related streams, such as car parking,  has been severed. Just shows what a nightmare it can be negotiating with a potential landlord. Although the deal we had with stalybridge would give us an insight into what is needed. I'm sure latics would be looking at something beneficial and concrete and sustainable.

Saw that and agree completely. Perhaps Frank should buy us and it solves that issue. Imagine that, actually owning our own stadium. A man can only dream.

Edited by Roughyed Rats

1 hour ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Saw that and agree completely. Perhaps Frank should buy us and it solves that issue. Imagine that, actually owning our own stadium. A man can only dream.

It'd be great if he did. Comes across as a genuine bloke to me. Then I woke up 😂

• Like 1