BP

Roughyed Rats

On 17/10/2022 at 20:12, Curlywurly2 said:

An old School friend of mine works at BP and has told me that the Rugby isn't welcome there 🙁

You really shouldn't listen to rumours from people who work at Boundary Park. As a Latics fan I know that kind of garbage as caused all kinds of problems in the past.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tony Mac said:

I ould think that it's Vestacare Stadium this season as that is what is advertised on the Roughyeds Website on all the home fixtures

What a real shame if that's the case Tony - particularly after Frank Rothwell's positive comments in the press. Let's hope that's not yet another bridge that's been burned.

21 hours ago, Tony Mac said:

I ould think that it's Vestacare Stadium this season as that is what is advertised on the Roughyeds Website on all the home fixtures

That's there because I put it there.  Each club in the league has an entry for their home ground and the site just pulls out whatever it finds.  Of course if things change, I just change the entry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whether it happens this season is open to question. Listening to Darren Royle's plans for Latics and the site,it sounds that the rugby ending up there would be logical. The caveat would be that we would need at least not to be a loss for Latics. Last time we were there, the money just didn't stack up.

• Like 1

On 26/11/2022 at 12:48, Dave Naylor said:

That's there because I put it there.  Each club in the league has an entry for their home ground and the site just pulls out whatever it finds.  Of course if things change, I just change the entry.

Thanks for clarifying Dave

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

On 25/11/2022 at 16:23, Roughyed Rats said:

What a real shame if that's the case Tony - particularly after Frank Rothwell's positive comments in the press. Let's hope that's not yet another bridge that's been burned.

With you on that RR

• Like 2

Tony Mac

If you’re going through hell, keep going – Winston Churchill

Tandle, hornets never owned half of everything.  The stadium company had shared ownership between the two clubs and Rochdale council.

I am not ‘taking sides’ on the current situation…I dont have all the relevant information. I am just noting that while the lease hasnt changed, hornets use of the facilities has, as dictated by the new  board of the football club. 

anita hornets sold the athletic ground for 1.6 million,there there was a delay because hmrc wanted their cut.

when it was sorted hornets paid rochdale afc.s depts off which where over £380.000. 

then the council took a 10 percent stake leaving hornets and rochdale afc holding 45 percent each.

this was told to me by dick bonser

23 minutes ago, tandle said:

anita hornets sold the athletic ground for 1.6 million,there there was a delay because hmrc wanted their cut.

when it was sorted hornets paid rochdale afc.s depts off which where over £380.000. 

then the council took a 10 percent stake leaving hornets and rochdale afc holding 45 percent each.

this was told to me by dick bonser

so they never owned “half of everything”…..45 per cent is not half.

• Like 1

The point is, if you dont own half, you have a minority share and control nothing so 45% might be only slightly less than 50% but it has major implications.

Thats not to say there hasnt also been some less than stellar management over the years leading to the 45% share being transferred to the RFL in return for a bailout and that 45% share then being sold to RAFC by the RFL giving the football club full control of the stadium and its facilities.

RFL only sold the 45% once a long term lease was agreed to allow Hornets to continue playing there. However it seems that lease didnt explicitly include office facilites, club shop etc. While the previous RAFC leadership appears to have generously provided hornets with these facilities (dont know at what cost) even though they were not  obliged to by the lease, the new board of RAFC have enforced the lease “to the letter”.

At once stage Hornets chairman was taking legal action I believe but that was withdrawn

Which is why I said if Oldham are to have an agreement with latics to play at BP then make sure there is full transparency in the lease.

I want to see both rugby and football thrive in both towns. There is not much left of the town I grew up in……surely we can keep our professional sports teams

Onward hornets onward

and 

Come on you yeds

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

The point is, if you dont own half, you have a minority share and control nothing so 45% might be only slightly less than 50% but it has major implications.

Thats not to say there hasnt also been some less than stellar management over the years leading to the 45% share being transferred to the RFL in return for a bailout and that 45% share then being sold to RAFC by the RFL giving the football club full control of the stadium and its facilities.

RFL only sold the 45% once a long term lease was agreed to allow Hornets to continue playing there. However it seems that lease didnt explicitly include office facilites, club shop etc. While the previous RAFC leadership appears to have generously provided hornets with these facilities (dont know at what cost) even though they were not  obliged to by the lease, the new board of RAFC have enforced the lease “to the letter”.

At once stage Hornets chairman was taking legal action I believe but that was withdrawn

Which is why I said if Oldham are to have an agreement with latics to play at BP then make sure there is full transparency in the lease.

I want to see both rugby and football thrive in both towns. There is not much left of the town I grew up in……surely we can keep our professional sports teams

Onward hornets onward

and 

Come on you yeds

Ignore him mate. Hes silly 

• Like 3

It's that there is an argument about something that is quite fundamental neither the Hornets nor Oldham have two pennies to rub together. It's a miracle that they are both still in existence.

I can't help but to agree with Anita, before any agreement is signed with anyone, ALL of its details and implications MUST be checked out. That is why Oldham are the gypsies of the rugby league due to the fact that things weren't checked out when Watersheddings was stolen from us on a promise.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Jim

Enjoyed your opening letter in the Sunday Times last week. Just what l thought and nearly wrote myself. Thank you.

So Boundary Park. We have no money but potentially the greatest product in the world. I will never understand how football gets a crowd of 70,000+ every week to watch that and rugby league is dying (see current World Cup)

Where do we go from here??

• Like 1