New coach

Wiggyroad

No doubt that Andrew has a great track record but I would question just how much hands on 1st team coaching he has been doing recently. I would argue a lot depends on the calibre of backroom staff who support him. But as a statement of intent from Clint, this will do nicely.

• Like 2

I wonder if there are anymore players to be announced as comments coming from the forum seem to indicate the squad is complete, other than a couple of young players.

Also it's obvious the club needs to increase attendances by quite a margin if we are ever going to get to Super League.

New coach is a positive for me though.

• Like 1

I think he’s a sound appointment. Well respected and has decent experience. Five years does sound a tad long, but contracts can be broken. Do we have just 21 players signed? That’s not enough.  It would be nice to get two or three more experienced players that are under 30. Surely Henderson would want to bring in some guys he likes, but I guess it all comes down to money. 

3 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

I think he’s a sound appointment. Well respected and has decent experience. Five years does sound a tad long, but contracts can be broken. Do we have just 21 players signed? That’s not enough.  It would be nice to get two or three more experienced players that are under 30. Surely Henderson would want to bring in some guys he likes, but I guess it all comes down to money. 

I was talking to Clint at the forum, I said to him 21 players is not enough, he said with the 3 young lads there's 29 players signed on, so there's a few more to be announced by the looks of it.

• Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

I was talking to Clint at the forum, I said to him 21 players is not enough, he said with the 3 young lads there's 29 players signed on, so there's a few more to be announced by the looks of it.

5 more then sk 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

3 hours ago, JonT said:

No doubt that Andrew has a great track record but I would question just how much hands on 1st team coaching he has been doing recently. I would argue a lot depends on the calibre of backroom staff who support him. But as a statement of intent from Clint, this will do nicely.

I don't know how much "hands on coaching" he has been doing in his job as football manager at Keighley in the last 12 months but up until the end of the 2021 season he was assistant coach to Steve Price at Warrington so I wouldn't have any worries on that front.

• Like 4

First rate appointment , his enthusiasm for the game and coaching methods at the Bronco's were to be admired as they were a very entertaining side to watch .

As an  aside, the report of Hendo's appointment on the Press website one regular poster on the comments section who has forgotten more about TGG than anyone else has never heard of Hendo..... 🙄 and judging by his other ramblings over the years his comment was not toungue in cheek.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

First rate appointment , his enthusiasm for the game and coaching methods at the Bronco's were to be admired as they were a very entertaining side to watch .

As an  aside, the report of Hendo's appointment on the Press website one regular poster on the comments section who has forgotten more about TGG than anyone else has never heard of Hendo..... 🙄 and judging by his other ramblings over the years his comment was not toungue in cheek.

Saw that about the posts in the Press, none of his posts get a like by anyone, never seen a positive post from him yet, slagged Fordy a few weeks ago then yesterday called him the best coach in the Championship.

• Like 1

Just now, spanishknight said:

Saw that about the posts in the Press, none of his posts get a like by anyone, never seen a positive post from him yet, slagged Fordy a few weeks ago then yesterday called him the best coach in the Championship.

My money's on either Scott Rhodes or Gareth Lloyd on a wind up.

8 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Peter the plonker. He makes Coolio sound sensible.

• Haha 2