2023 squad

thunder pete

• 2 weeks later...

23 minutes ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Anyone a bit concerned regarding your signings so far? Signing from a team who won 1 game in the championship last year and have took that teams coach as well? 

Craig Mullen re-signing is a huge boost.

As for the signings I think we have to be patient and see what a full squad looks like. Chris Thorman wants people who want to be here so as long as whoever is on that pitch is giving 110% and cares about the club that'll do.

Maybe as fans we need to look at what we can generate atmosphere wise, make it a proper backs against the wall job.

• Like 1

Just now, thunder pete said:
7 hours ago, Phil W said:

JJ and Connor Bailey announced as retained today. We are starting to build.

For me, everyone has a clean slate this season it's a fresh start and we need to get behind the team.

Up to seven! And some great signings! I'm with you, Phil.

4 hours ago, thunder pete said:

Fans' favourite Gideon Boafo has been retained. That's 10.

Hooker??

Really pleased with Boafo coming back, the kind of player that gets the fans buzzing when he gets the ball. Just needs to get the ball more this season!

Has Josh Woods signed again with you guys?

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

21 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Get your pack sorted first, to give the lad something to play behind.

Think we'll see some recruitment to be announced in the pack. We're under no illusions we need some go forward in this league. Mitch Clark being retained definitely helps with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thunder fan said:

We finished 12th, some players were simply not good enough, and some didnt put 100 percent effort in, in my opinion, williams will be a great signing at 7 for us.

I hope it goes well for you, as a local living in Gateshead I have a vested interest in your success. Hope also that there is a world cup bounce and you can capitalise on that.

Best of luck

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thunder fan said:

We finished 12th, some players were simply not good enough, and some didnt put 100 percent effort in, in my opinion, williams will be a great signing at 7 for us.

It goes without saying that last season was a disappointment. From what Chris Thorman has said it's about getting pride in playing for the shirt.

For me personally under new leadership I see it as a fresh start for everyone. There might be some players who feel they have a point to prove. There's been a lot of uncertainty during the final part of last season and the off season. 

However whoever pulls on that shirt will be getting my full support. Think we know it's going to be tough this season.