Seven gone

spanishknight

Best of luck to all the departing players and thanks for your efforts, especially Ronan Dixon who's been at the Knights since 2017, best memory of him is when he upset loads of Fev fans in the game that saw us clinch a play-off spot in 2019, great stuff. Special mention for Danny Kirmond too, by far the best of the ex-SL players we signed in 2021, all the others weren't fit to lace his boots.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 10

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Sensible decisions re: these players as we seek to improve. I’m sure young Inman will continue to progress his career. Oakes was never the same player when he returned back to York. He also had a rough time with injuries and young AJ has taken his chance superbly.  I hope those that aren’t fixed up yet and who want to stay in the game get picked up.  Looking forward to see who Henderson can entice. 

No mention of Joe Porter who of course said he was retiring at the end of the season. If he has that's 4 props gone and 1 new addition in Ukuma Tai, not counting Ronan Michael as he was with us last season. At the start of last season it seemed to be the general opinion we could do with another prop. Fordy was even quoted as saying something along those lines if I remember correctly but for whatever reason it never materialised. At the forum on Monday night, if I understood him correctly, Clint seemed to suggest there were no more signings to be made and the squad already announced was the squad we would go with into next year. It goes against the grain to be pessimistic but without at least 2, preferably3, more front rows signed up, I think we'll struggle to even equal the past seasons finishing position. Before anyone suggests Chris. Clarkson moving up, to me he's too good in the second row to mess him about by doing that but we'll have to see what pans out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

With 21 players confirmed that's another 8 to be announced if the 29 figure is correct , we wait in anticipation.

The 29 include the 3 young lads who we are looking at signing, don't know what positions they play, should think one will be young Barnard who was an unplayed sub at Fax.

Edited by spanishknight
  • Thanks 1

On 18/10/2022 at 18:47, spanishknight said:

Thought Danny was signing for Dewsbury

Might get announced now he's been released by York

But as we know things change quickly in Rugby League🤔

So might be just a rumour 

Also a Featherstone stalwart rumoured too

15 hours ago, coolie said:

Might get announced now he's been released by York

But as we know things change quickly in Rugby League🤔

So might be just a rumour 

Also a Featherstone stalwart rumoured too

Locky coming back?

• Like 1

A story has appeared on the Press website that says we have a 21 man squad with only 2 front rowers that will be fit for the start of the season and no manoeuvre room for the new coach to bring anyone else in.

Surely if there were 7 or 8 more to announce some of them would be props which leads me to assume we are done at 21.

40 minutes ago, stevo56 said:

A story has appeared on the Press website that says we have a 21 man squad with only 2 front rowers that will be fit for the start of the season and no manoeuvre room for the new coach to bring anyone else in.

Surely if there were 7 or 8 more to announce some of them would be props which leads me to assume we are done at 21.

Ridiculous if that is the case. Have they spent the budget tying down players on long contracts . Makes no sense if that's the case especially if  2 I can think of are long term injuries already.

Surely some announcements have been held back to stimulate post world cup season ticket sales.

If not we will struggle next year both on and off the field. 

Can't see there not being another couple of middles to come.