1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/22 at 19:00

I don’t think it will get too ugly, Australia have chosen a very experimental side and I think the Scots will be looking to come back after last week. They have an advantage when it comes to Cohesiveness and I think it will show to be really important.

Australia 50-10

Edited by SydneyRoosters
  • Like 1

Obviously a Aus win as for Scotland it’s about getting the sets in, spread the ball about turning the Aussies around, just getting a good performance in and keeping the score down. It’s doable but is the passion in the management and squad there and the pride of wearing a Scotland jersey there to get into them. Hopefully Fiji will do Italy then if the wind blows in the right direction the sun n stars all line up we can still qualify, 

come on Scotland

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moe syszlak said:

Can get 3/1 on Australia to win to nil. Seeing as it took 75 minutes for Scotland to register a point against Italy, that looks good value to me.

I agree. Most likely Scotland will score, but 3/1 is generous. 

Scotland had most of the possession and territory in the first half against Italy, just didn't look capable of breaking the defensive line to actually score, and I don't think they'll get anything like as many opportunities against the Kangaroos. Losing Brierley won't help with that either.

That said, if you keep rolling the dice with chips and short kicks, as Greece did, even though it's not the percentage play, one of them might pay off eventually. And it being an experimental Aussie team may mean a drop in defensive organisation. 

Seems like a long time since that 18-18 draw with NZ at Workington, but it's only 6 years and there's quite a few from that day still playing - Euan Aitken, Ben Hellewell, Kane Linnett, Matty Russell, Liam Hood etc.

6 minutes ago, JonM said:

I agree. Most likely Scotland will score, but 3/1 is generous. 

Scotland had most of the possession and territory in the first half against Italy, just didn't look capable of breaking the defensive line to actually score, and I don't think they'll get anything like as many opportunities against the Kangaroos. Losing Brierley won't help with that either.

That said, if you keep rolling the dice with chips and short kicks, as Greece did, even though it's not the percentage play, one of them might pay off eventually. And it being an experimental Aussie team may mean a drop in defensive organisation. 

Seems like a long time since that 18-18 draw with NZ at Workington, but it's only 6 years and there's quite a few from that day still playing - Euan Aitken, Ben Hellewell, Kane Linnett, Matty Russell, Liam Hood etc.

I suppose the counter argument to your last paragraph Jon is that they are all also six years older.

• Like 1

Just now, Gomersall said:

I suppose the counter argument to your last paragraph Jon is that they are all also six years older.

Yes, and also the list of people who were playing that day and aren't tomorrow - Danny Brough, Lachlan Coote for example.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Moe syszlak said:

Can get 3/1 on Australia to win to nil. Seeing as it took 75 minutes for Scotland to register a point against Italy, that looks good value to me.

That's a decent shout. Although the way my luck is at the moment, if I back it, you can be sure Scotland will get a breakaway try in the first minute...

• Haha 1