1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/22 at 19:00

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No, make the comp worth watching instead of having fill in teams to try to make the game seem stronger than it actually is, it is a self effacing pat on the back to say we have 16 nations who can be part of a World Cup competition.

What i can't understand is fan's seem surprised at the score.

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No, make the comp worth watching instead of having fill in teams to try to make the game seem stronger than it actually is, it is a self effacing pat on the back to say we have 16 nations who can be part of a World Cup competition.

I'm fine with 16 teams, I'd just rather see Serbia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Turkey etc instead of Scotland etc. If they lost with genuine players from their domestic game, I doubt many will care. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

I enjoyed the Scotland Italy game and I expect I will enjoy the Scotland Fiji game.

If you don't want to watch these games, you know what, I really don't care.

Read what I said earlier, gave a comp for the also rans which willbe entertaining and gave the best 2 to join the top world 6 teams in a proper comp.

The sinbin wasnt for a high tackle, it was because he grabbed the Australian long before he had the ball. It wasn't the most egregious offence though and the ref was under no obligation to sinbin him.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Not felt this embarrassed for a rugby league team since I saw that Leigh kit last night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Read what I said earlier, gave a comp for the also rans which willbe entertaining and gave the best 2 to join the top world 6 teams in a proper comp.

Yet you want Leigh in SL.... arnt Leigh just the Scotland of SL.

They come up to SL and each time favorite to be relegated and struggle all year - bit like teams like Scotland in their mini WC league .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moe syszlak said:

I'm not enjoying such a one sided game personally. But people moaning that it embarrasses the game should remember the England women's football team won a game 20-0 a while back and all you hear in the media is how great they are, not that big scores shouldn't happen.

Actually in some parts they were querying the presence of the likes of Latvia in that stage of qualifying and calling for a preliminary round.

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

2 minutes ago, londonrlfan said:

I'm fine with 16 teams, I'd just rather see Serbia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Turkey etc instead of Scotland etc. If they lost with genuine players from their domestic game, I doubt many will care. 

Serbia finished bottom of their qualifying table behind Scotland and Greece, with a points difference of -162. I think we all know that people would whinge if they were included. Possibly the same people currently complaining about Scotland.

• Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The argument runs that Scotland will be better if they play more games like this - i.e. if we have a European Championship then this Scotland side would face England not the England Knights.

Anyone seriously believe that?

Or will they stand a better chance of improving by having regular competitive opportunities against equivalent international opposition whilst being required to develop proper domestic structures before being allowed to qualify for World Cups in the future.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, gingerjon said:

The argument runs that Scotland will be better if they play more games like this - i.e. if we have a European Championship then this Scotland side would face England not the England Knights.

Anyone seriously believe that?

Or will they stand a better chance of improving by having regular competitive opportunities against equivalent international opposition whilst being required to develop proper domestic structures before being allowed to qualify for World Cups in the future.

Like my Football Nations League idea... 

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Just now, Futtocks said:

Serbia finished bottom of their qualifying table behind Scotland and Greece, with a points difference of -162. I think we all know that people would whinge if they were included. Possibly the same people currently complaining about Scotland.

Because they played against heritage sides. Put a domestic Serbia v domestic Scotland and it will be a close contest.

• Like 1