1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/10/22 at 19:00

49 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

What he was doing was talking up the skills, athleticism and talent of the Australian team on the national broadcaster while the majority on here were deciding we would be better off of the game wasnt being played.

I'm in his camp.

You've completely misunderstood my post. I wasn't putting down the actual things he was saying, he was doing a very good job of enthusing the viewer about the quality of the Australian team. I was literally just making a tongue in cheek comment that, for me personally, when he gets excited his tone of voice is similar to the tone of ecstasy that someone has when they are at the moment of climax in a bedroom situation. I was not commenting at all on what he was actually saying. I was attempting to make a joke. Sorry it fell flat. 

• Thanks 1

I like Australia and from this perspective I thought it was a great game. 

I thought it was a good advert for the game in how Australia played the conditions. Despite the high scoreline, they also had to work for their tries and create them. 

Scotland had no size or pace so they were never a threat. However, we could see they kept tackling and trying. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

You've completely misunderstood my post. I wasn't putting down the actual things he was saying, he was doing a very good job of enthusing the viewer about the quality of the Australian team. I was literally just making a tongue in cheek comment that, for me personally, when he gets excited his tone of voice is similar to the tone of ecstasy that someone has when they are at the moment of climax in a bedroom situation. I was not commenting at all on what he was actually saying. I was attempting to make a joke. Sorry it fell flat. 

Fair enough.  Apologies for reading too much into it..

• Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Niels said:

I think fans are being a bit harsh on Scotland.

In fairness Scotland scored the same number of points as England did last time they played Australia 😏

Yep, and Australia scored exactly 14 times more points as in said game 😀

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, yipyee said:

This!

They qualified to be here, the calls to stick another team in is poor funny as its possibly the same people who are staunchly against licensing !

Yep some people just put the boot in because they think X or Y don't fit in to their idea of how things should work.

8 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I doubt they even meet affiliate criteria.

Yeah they don’t meet criteria. Fun Fact Burundi have 7 times more clubs than Scotland. 

I think IRL are to scared to kick them out as they have already been in a lot of world cups, same with Italy, they also don’t meat criteria.

• Like 1

I was at tonight's game as I only live about 7 miles from the Coventry Arena. Yes, it was ridiculously one-sided but the crowd, mostly local and not RL regulars from what I could tell, loved it. 

Addo-Carr was a huge favourite and some of the play for his last try was out of this world. Lots of kids in the crowd who seemed very excited by the whole spectacle, including a number of Wasps fans looking for something different after a very bleak week for them.

Yes a competitive game would have been amazing, but this was never likely. Instead we saw a world class side put on a really enjoyable attacking show.

And yes, only 7,000 people turned up (don't believe the official crowd figure) but on a wet Friday night two years on from when many people bought tickets in an area with a limited RL footprint and an obviously mis-matched contest? Not too bad either. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I was out tonight so recorded the game. Avoided the score... easy in London. 

Came home and played recording. 

Two things decided me. Watching the Scots enter wearing kilts and ties! WTF. How signalling...

Then, no crowd despite announcements of thousands sold. 

Will watch instead the five minutes of highlights of 84-0.

PS. Scotland were dreadful. Like many have said, their complete inability to do the basics made a very good Australian team look even better. I did find it rather annoying that the commentary team lauded every single pass/run/tackle as "magnificent / tremendous / amazing" when it rarely was. Save the hyperbole for the individual brilliance shown by JAC or Burton or the outstanding Aussie defence. Call me a killjoy but a bog standard drop off inside pass followed by a squeal and "maaaaagnificent" from a gushing Jonathan Davies starts to grate a little bit after a while.

Edited by SalfordSlim
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not a clue, and admittedly I know fish all about Union, but a mate of mine at the last world cup showed me a big long list of 'foreigners' that were representing nations other than their birthright, and most of them were on the residency rule.

You are wrong.  Don't listen to "the man in the pub" if he exists lol.

Edited by Hello

3 minutes ago, Platform 3 said:

I was at tonight's game as I only live about 7 miles from the Coventry Arena. Yes, it was ridiculously one-sided but the crowd, mostly local and not RL regulars from what I could tell, loved it. 

Addo-Carr was a huge favourite and some of the play for his last try was out of this world. Lots of kids in the crowd who seemed very excited by the whole spectacle, including a number of Wasps fans looking for something different after a very bleak week for them.

Yes a competitive game would have been amazing, but this was never likely. Instead we saw a world class side put on a really enjoyable attacking show.

And yes, only 7,000 people turned up (don't believe the official crowd figure) but on a wet Friday night two years on from when many people bought tickets in an area with a limited RL footprint and an obviously mis-matched contest? Not too bad either. 

So when they knew the attendance was going to be rubbish didn't they switch to Butts Arena. 

2 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

PS. Scotland were dreadful. Like many have said, their complete inability to do the basics made a very good Australian team look even better. I did find it rather annoying that the the commentary team lauded every single pass/run/tackle as "magnificent / tremendous / amazing" when it rarely was. Save the hyperbole for the individual brilliance shown by JAC or Burton or the outstanding Aussie defence. Call me a killjoy but a bog standard drop off inside pass followed by a squeal and "maaaaagnificent" from a gushing Jonathan Davies starts to grate a little bit after a while.

Suppose they had to do something to try and talk up a one sided contest.