1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/22 at 16:30

Brilliant gesture by the French.

This Saturday, the French will wear the jersey marked with the hashtag #BURROW7 in support of Rob Burrow, an English international suffering from Charcot's disease. Our captain Benjamin Garcia will give him a jersey bearing the number 7, signed by the players!
@rlwc2021 #RLWC #RLWC2021 

Edited by Gomersall
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2

WIll be there - predicting 52-12. Don't mind it being a bit closer than that if it makes it more exciting. On a practical level, has anyone been to Bolton's ground for a football game, say? Seem to be lots of industrial units offering parking nearby, but hard to gauge how early to get there to avoid a long walk to the ground, as it's a bit cut off.

4 minutes ago, N2022 said:

WIll be there - predicting 52-12. Don't mind it being a bit closer than that if it makes it more exciting. On a practical level, has anyone been to Bolton's ground for a football game, say? Seem to be lots of industrial units offering parking nearby, but hard to gauge how early to get there to avoid a long walk to the ground, as it's a bit cut off.

I went to a Bolton game last month. There is a massive free car park opposite the stadium behind the police station. Just a couple of minutes(if that!)walk across a bridge to the ground. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a neutral international rugby league advocate, I'm a bit torn on this one.

On one hand it would be good to see England flex their muscles again and show that they are a real chance to go all way in this tournament.

On the other hand, a real challenge from the French ending with them losing by less than 20 would give their supporters and those behind 2025 some confidence in their future.

I'll hope for a 32 -14 result with England skipping away in the last twenty. 

Edited by The Partisan
  • Like 1

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

Big win by the English but we will be watching all the same. Just shared the plane over with Remi Casty, he is a genuinely nice bloke, and Mrs Pellisier and kids. Lots of French lads on the same flight going to the match too.

• Like 3

I'd love French RL to be stronger but tomorrow I want to see the biggest England win possible and establish the ruthless mindset we'll need later in the tournament when we face bigger challenges. If it's at all close I want it to be because France have completed high, made minimal errors and shown great skill levels and not because England have taken it easy. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Moe syszlak said:

I went to a Bolton game last month. There is a massive free car park opposite the stadium behind the police station. Just a couple of minutes(if that!)walk across a bridge to the ground. 

I'm not sure where the Police Station is but I assume you're probably talking about Middlebrook Retail Park? It's literally a 2 minute walk but it will be absolutely hammered with a big crowd. I went to the UOB Stadium for an EFL footy match a couple of months back and there were barely 7k/8k in the stadium yet it still took half hour to get off the car park after the game.

If you're able to walk 15 mins then I'd recommend parking up off Chorley New Road near the Beehive Pub. There are some restrictions in place but you'll find some on street parking and much quicker to get away after the game (and the Beehive is also a reasonable boozer to have a pint or 2 if you want to hang around).

26 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

I'm not sure where the Police Station is but I assume you're probably talking about Middlebrook Retail Park? It's literally a 2 minute walk but it will be absolutely hammered with a big crowd. I went to the UOB Stadium for an EFL footy match a couple of months back and there were barely 7k/8k in the stadium yet it still took half hour to get off the car park after the game.

If you're able to walk 15 mins then I'd recommend parking up off Chorley New Road near the Beehive Pub. There are some restrictions in place but you'll find some on street parking and much quicker to get away after the game (and the Beehive is also a reasonable boozer to have a pint or 2 if you want to hang around).

If you want a pint beforehand head into Westhoughton, park up and have a few beers. Get the train from Westhoughton to Horwich Parkway station.