1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 22/10/22 at 16:30

5 minutes ago, Tosh said:

Sorry but the French are garbage. They are an even bigger letdown on the international stage than Samoa.

If they can keep the losing margin below 30 then it’s a good result for them.

“Bigger let down the Samoa”. Last time I checked France didn’t lose by 60 points to a team they were favourites against, What are you on about mate.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

“Bigger let down the Samoa”. Last time I checked France didn’t lose by 60 points to a team they were favourites against, What are you on about mate.

The French have been on the end of some hidings also.

Plus unlike Samoa the French have had a domestic professional RL side for well over 15 years and another one for 4-5 years all costing millions as well as a long established semi-professional domestic league with nothing really to show for it in terms of producing a significant amount of super League standard French players.

Thats what I’m on about mate.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tosh said:

The French have been on the end of some hidings also.

Plus unlike Samoa the French have had a domestic professional RL side for well over 15 years and another one for 4-5 years all costing millions as well as a long established semi-professional domestic league with nothing really to show for it in terms of producing a significant amount of super League standard French players.

Thats what I’m on about mate.

You have to be joking 😂😂😂

Really enjoying this WC. Lots of fascinating back stories and great to have the opportunity to see all the stars of Rugby League in our back yard. Looking forward to going to Bolton today for the first time. Hopefully see a strong England performance and continue the momentum. England 48 France 8

A curious little fact about this match is that the opposing teams will be captained by players from the same club.

I think I can recall an occasion when a cricket test match featured captains from the same county side (and oddly neither was then the county captain), but can anybody recall a similar occurrence in rugby league?  Maybe in a southern hemisphere test at some time?

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

A curious little fact about this match is that the opposing teams will be captained by players from the same club.

I think I can recall an occasion when a cricket test match featured captains from the same county side (and oddly neither was then the county captain), but can anybody recall a similar occurrence in rugby league?  Maybe in a southern hemisphere test at some time?

didn't we once have cpt Peacock v cpt Mannering?

• Haha 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

9 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

I'm not sure where the Police Station is but I assume you're probably talking about Middlebrook Retail Park? It's literally a 2 minute walk but it will be absolutely hammered with a big crowd. I went to the UOB Stadium for an EFL footy match a couple of months back and there were barely 7k/8k in the stadium yet it still took half hour to get off the car park after the game.

If you're able to walk 15 mins then I'd recommend parking up off Chorley New Road near the Beehive Pub. There are some restrictions in place but you'll find some on street parking and much quicker to get away after the game (and the Beehive is also a reasonable boozer to have a pint or 2 if you want to hang around).

Is there parking the other side in Park Lands?

9 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

If you want a pint beforehand head into Westhoughton, park up and have a few beers. Get the train from Westhoughton to Horwich Parkway station.

Yep, go in the Robert Shaw, Wetherspoon's Beer Festival, a selection of good ales and for £1.99 a pint, what's not to like.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

Aus v NZ would have had Cam Smith v Jesse Bromwich at some point.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Anywhere close to ground where I can watch the 2:30 game?  Anybody know if there is a fanzone?

Fanzone at the ground is open from 12 and showing the game.

• Thanks 3

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

I can't believe for the second week I can't watch the game live as I have another party to attend.... luckily this is not a kids party so booze!

Anyway, will watch it later and I expect a good win for England. Especially as players are playing for spots in the team come the knock out stages.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I can't believe for the second week I can't watch the game live as I have another party to attend.... luckily this is not a kids party so booze!

Anyway, will watch it later and I expect a good win for England. Especially as players are playing for spots in the team come the knock out stages.

Do you think everyone who is going to this party are all excited thinking 'At least Dunbar won't be here as he will be watching England '?

Keep an eye out to see if their smiles disappear when you walk in and report back tomorrow mate.😉

6 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Do you think everyone who is going to this party are all excited thinking 'At least Dunbar won't be here as he will be watching England '?

Well now I do!

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I think this will be a relatively straightforward run out for england 48-8. 

Really hopeful though that the french do put in a decent performance - as i think we need to be playing france every year, and for them to build for 2025. 

also want the to roll over Samoa - that would be a huge shot in the arm for the RLWC! 

3 minutes ago, Black Country Wire said:

That it's a Wetherspoons.

Are you a snob? 

But honestly I don't know what the Wetherspoon's are like around Birmingham but I quite like them around here, and the ales which is why I go into pubs in the first place is of a good choice and the right price.

PS are you a Wolves football fan who has made a connection with Warrington Wolves?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Are you a snob? 

But honestly I don't know what the Wetherspoon's are like around Birmingham but I quite like them around here, and the ales which is why I go into pubs in the first place is of a good choice and the right price.

PS are you a Wolves football fan who has made a connection with Warrington Wolves?

Never get this anti-spoons snobbery.  They're decent boozers and very reasonably priced.  Often a bit lacking in atmosphere, but it's a great place to meet up and have a few drinks and chat early on in an evening before moving on to somewhere a bit more lively.

Oh and the breakfast is food of the gods. 

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Like 1

Last home world cup I expected an easy run out for England against France (at Hull), but we struggled for good part of the game.

After the Samoa game my expectations are high again. Sport has a way of pricking the balloon so to speak so you never know, but I'm hoping for a good points win to maintain England momentum and hence the tournament to non RL fans.