Bramall Lane

1 hour ago, DaveyJalfrezi said:

Didn’t do Plough Lane as you moved it to Ebbsfleet, which was great by the way other than the second half collapse. It’s on the radar for next season though when the fixtures come out.

Slightly off topic but if you have any more fixtures in Ebbsfleet I can certainly recommend it. The train journey was like being on a plane! We took a detour to Gravesend had beer and food then back to Northfleet which was a slightly shorter walk.

For fans travelling from the north it’s an easy journey from Kings Cross.

Didn't do those games personally.....too far for me ...for the same travelling time I can see a SL game!

2 hours ago, Ste93 said:

How many do we think will be there on Saturday? They're being noticeably quiet about the amount of tickets sold? It holds 32k I think...

The ticket website has now said ticket availablity is now MEDIUM. 

I’ll be surprised if it’s 15k.

I'll be very surprised if they can hit 15k - Greece were never going to be a big draw so why take them to a ground with such a large capacity unless they were going to flood the area with cheap almost giveaway tickets in an attempt to raise the profile of the game in a non-traditional RL area.

Yet another slightly odd decision to add to all the other slightly odd decisions made at this world cup

3 minutes ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

I'll be very surprised if they can hit 15k - Greece were never going to be a big draw so why take them to a ground with such a large capacity unless they were going to flood the area with cheap almost giveaway tickets in an attempt to raise the profile of the game in a non-traditional RL area.

Yet another slightly odd decision to add to all the other slightly odd decisions made at this world cup

Harry Hindsight

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Number 16 said:

Hey, even right-wingers can be friendly!

I'm there with the lad and a couple of mates and their kids.. (yes I have friends..  but more because our kids are mates... the parent just tolerate me but that's better than it could be!!)

18 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Well done .I'm looking forward to it 

What's the ground like itself?

Not as good as hillsborough as there are big blades badges all over the place and red and white seats... cheapens the place.. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JDM said:

I work for a Sheffield Brewery but I am from Leeds. Sheffield has some great places to drink in lots of different areas. Alongside Kelham Island, there are also a good number up on Abbeydale road too which isn't too far from the stadium.

Oooob which brewery.. please be abbeydale.. I love heathen!!

18 hours ago, IM2 said:

Harry Hindsight

and have the crowds for this tournament exceeded your expectations?

The Greece game was always going to be the game with the least interest, so why on earth would you take it to a ground with such a large capacity unless you were going to flood the area with cheaper tickets to introduce new supporters to the game, not to mention its a footballing city, its a Saturday and both Wednesday and United have games that day !!

This was probably the one game that you would take to a heartlands club with a 15-20k capacity due to its low appeal !

Who makes these decisions !

4 hours ago, Death to the Rah Rah's said:

and have the crowds for this tournament exceeded your expectations?

The Greece game was always going to be the game with the least interest, so why on earth would you take it to a ground with such a large capacity unless you were going to flood the area with cheaper tickets to introduce new supporters to the game, not to mention its a footballing city, its a Saturday and both Wednesday and United have games that day !!

This was probably the one game that you would take to a heartlands club with a 15-20k capacity due to its low appeal !

Who makes these decisions !

cos it will be a whole raft of considerations. not just capacity

yes I think crowds have been good

On 24/10/2022 at 17:48, RP London said:

Oooob which brewery.. please be abbeydale.. I love heathen!!

It is indeed. I'm the Brewery's designer, so beer cans and pump clips, packaging etc.

That's great to hear, a top, top beer. Hope to have a pint of it before the game.

• Like 1

On 24/10/2022 at 12:24, Welshleaguelover said:

As a blades fan I feel the same about Hillsborough 😉

As a complete neutral who couldn't care less about about Owls or Blades and having visited both many times,  I can confirm Bramall Lane is by far the best ground in Sheffield

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Thanks 1

I'd expect the crowd to be pretty small for the England game. Maybe 15ishk

The blades only sell out for the biggest games.

Hopefully the small rugby league community in Sheffield will come out and support the game, bring the kids and have a great day.

Bramall Lane is a great ground, apart from the miserable stewards at blades games.

You can get off the train and be there in 5 minutes walk. Loads of pubs and food in and around London road on match days.

I love Sheffield. Shame about them pigs 😉

• Like 2

There wasn't massive availability when I booked my tickets at the weekend.  Does that mean that not all sections are open or will we have a larger crowd than some expect?  Virtually all the most expensive tickets had been sold.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque