Tuesday 25 October: PNG vs Cook Islands KO 19:30 BST

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I think he had a couple of fingers on that… just…

Impossible to tell - though it didn't really look like it.

But he knew that if he celebrates with confidence and it goes up as a try then we've seen how blurred the footage the video ref is using is.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Heartburn, I mean heartache for Rennie, as he gets binned for a dodgy tackle.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Stuff Smith said:

We "score" like that against Australia. Chance it's given a try? Considerably less than zero.

Australia "score" like that against England. Chance it's given a try? Nailed on.

It's a lottery and if we'd spent some money it wouldn't need to be.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Olam finally scores, but gets belted in the back as he touches down. I hope he's okay.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

54 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I'm beginning to wonder whether ENG will be tested before the final.

PNG will give them a decent game but unlikely to win I think.

Tonga and Woolf seem to be playing tournament rugby very well. They are starting slow and building towards 3 tough knockout games. They can't peak now. 

Edited by Niels

13 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

All quiet on here... 'til there's something to be loudly ANGRY about and we get 20-odd posts in about 2 minutes.

You've been missing an entertaining Rugby League match, guys.

Maybe we have been too busy enjoying it to type anything?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Fordy was dropped or injured?

I was wondering that. With a decent half-back, I think this would have been very close, and I think they would be very close to Tonga on their previous games too.

4 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Maybe we have been too busy enjoying it to type anything?

Even you appear dubious with that claim. :kolobok_wink:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

Even you appear dubious with that claim. :kolobok_wink:

I don't understand how everyone would be instantly posting on an incident if we weren't watching it?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris