Women's World Cup Squads announced!

England: 4 Amy Hardcastle, 16 Beth Stott, 2 Caitlin Beevers, 23 Carrie Roberts, 7 Courtney Winfield-Hill, 10 Dannielle Anderson, 12 Emily Rudge, 3 Francesca Goldthorp, 6 Georgia Roche, 20 Georgia Wilson, 8 Grace Field, 11 Hollie-mae Dodd, 13 Jodie Cunningham, 21 Keara Bennett, 5 Leah Burke, 18 Olivia Wood, 19 Paige Travis, 17 Shona Hoyle, 9 Tara Jones, 1 Tara Jane Stanley, 14 Victoria Molyneux, 15 Victoria Whitfield, 22 Zoe Harris, 24 Zoe Hornby

All the squads listed here: https://www.rlwc2021.com/article/671/all-the-womens-squads-for-the-rugby-league-world-cup

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Congrats to those teams who have announced their squads in number order.

England and Australia, who have announced theirs in first name and surname alphabetical order respectively, want flogging.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

43 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

England and Australia, who have announced theirs in first name and surname alphabetical order respectively, want flogging.

What goes through people's heads!?

Just announce the squad, why be weird?

• Like 2

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

Looking forward to this competition starting and seeing where England stack up againt New Zealand and of course the massive favourites Australia. 

Good luck to the England women.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

So, squad numbers suggest this is England's first choice 17.  It actually looks a very good team to me with some quality players.

1) Tara Jane Stanley

2) Caitlin Beevers

3) Fran Goldthorp

4) Amy Hardcastle

5) Leah Burke

6) Georgia Roche

7) Courtney Winfield-Hill

8). Grace Field

9) Tara Jones

10) Dannielle Anderson

11) Hollie-mae Dodd

12) Emily Rudge

13) Jodie Cunningham

14) Victoria Molyneux

15) Victoria Whitfield

16) Beth Stott

17) Shona Hoy

Edited by Dunbar

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

30 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So have the Aussie Women used the same squad numbering system as the men? Or do I know their positions? 

Same I am afraid.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Superb. Isn't this what a celebration of our sport should look like?

22 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Superb. Isn't this what a celebration of our sport should look like?

It's all right if you like smiling, I suppose...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 28/10/2022 at 22:45, JonM said:

Tara Moxon of Leeds Rhinos a late addition to the PNG Squad. She was born and grew up in New Britain, where her father worked at the National Agricultural Research Institute.

Tara must be a replacement for Joanne Lagona.

If the Canadians lost a player, would their management be aware that Chantelle Crowl was born in Toronto?

On the subject of the Orchids, fans of women`s RL should know all about Elsie Albert. Some might be familiar with Therese Aiton, a skilful and clever dummy-half. If I`m picking another one to watch, it would be Essay Banu, boom young forward originally from Tully in NQ who made a big impact this year for Wynnum-Manly in the Queensland premiership.

• Like 1