1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Greece by 1 to 6 points
    • Greece by 7 to 12 points
    • Greece by 13 points or more.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/10/22 at 14:00

16 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Regardless,just the fact that Greece are in the competition is a minor miracle itself. The things they've had to do to get here is amazing.

Absolutely, and I hope that something is made of that on national television.

• Like 2

FgO2MpCUoAE0K4g?format=jpg&name=900x900

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Jammer spot on - should have picked the strongest 17 - Farnworth has hardly played any games this year

Farnworth had his calf strapped up last week.  If he needs a week to be fully fit then I am OK with that. Why risk making a niggle worse?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

21 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

BBC giving a different line up to the England twitter feed...do we know which one is correct?

image.png.dc1ecb4d2901f5635f289b1bf2a3c932.png

I would be surprised if the official England twitter feed was wrong. 

Although I'm not betting on it.

• Haha 1

Hope the girly ref has a good game.

Best of luck to Belinda Sharpe.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

One of the Greeks' kid mascots had a mohican! :kolobok_biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Interested to see how KPP and Dom Young combine - there's a lot of height on that side of the pitch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Did I just hear "the Greeks deserve their plates at the table"?

On 27/10/2022 at 16:41, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Picking Radley so his dad can watch him play has got disaster written all over it. If he is picked hope we minimize his minutes and Knowles gets more of a run this time as both are important and Knowles could do with more minutes in his legs for the knock-outs.

Agree with most that the line up almost doesnt matter as we will win by 70-80 points anyway but it might be an opportunity to see how players go in positions they might need to fill in later in the tournament. I can see all three wingers playing with Makinson either at FB or center and Welsby in the other position. 

I'd go with:

Welsby

Hall, KPP, Makinson, Young

Williams, Sneyd

Oledski, Ackers, Lees

Batchelor, Bateman

Knowles

Cooper, McMeeken, Radley, Thompson

Hill and Burgess rested.

Picking Radley so his dad can watch him play has got disaster written all over it.

Thank goodness for that. I worried for a moment that everything  was good.

• Haha 1

Just now, JohnM said:

Picking Radley so his dad can watch him play has got disaster written all over it.

Thank goodness for that. I worried for a moment that everything  was good.

This is Rugby League you know mate.

Sneeeyd!

I'm tipping the team in blue and white.

Just now, JimBronco said:

Lees is the bees knees

What does that make Ackers? :kolobok_wink:

• Haha 3

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, JimBronco said:

Lees is the bees knees

Oh plees...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1