1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa by 13 points or more
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/22 at 17:30

51 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

France fairly comfortably, they look a lot stronger than the Samoans

Most betting lines are giving Samoa a 30 point head start. I’d be putting my mortgage on France +30 if I were that confident!

In saying that you got the England/Samoa game spot on!

19 minutes ago, AB90 said:

Most betting lines are giving Samoa a 30 point head start. I’d be putting my mortgage on France +30 if I were that confident!

In saying that you got the England/Samoa game spot on!

After a lot of analysis I back the French. My prediction comes down to a lot of things but to summarise it take look at the Set completion for both Nations. Last week Samoa Completed 65% of there sets against Greece Whilst France Completed 90% AGAINST ENGLAND. I think it will make the difference and France win in good fashion.

• Like 1

Really looking forward to this one. France can definitely win it. They need to be solid in defense, not giving away easy ground, put real pressure on Samoa with their kicking and clinical when close to the line. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

If France win would be amazing. Expect Samoa to blow them away and France to target a quarter final in 2025 as growth before consistently expecting quarter finals.

If they don’t win that’s just one Euro nation in last 8 and as much as i like  to slag the NRL it will be clear the RFL is a victim of their own failure to get more European nations competitive 

If Samoa do win they definitely won’t play them away, it will be close until the end.

34 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I suspect there's a lot of wishful thinking on this thread.

Can't see how France score enough points against such a superior pack.   

Samoa have shown there pack is weak, they tire out very quickly and we’re bullied by the English. Against England Samoa’s middle (4 Props and Lock) made 307 Metres compared France who’s made 394. Overall run Metres would be won comfortably by France but Samoa made a Linebreak every set against Greece so it changed the stat a lot. But contrary to believe overall Samoa look really poor in the middle and the stats show that.

If I were betting on it with Samoa +30, I would back France. 

Both have played England. Samoa fell apart at the seams - if they haven’t been focussed in training, and having too many kebabs then they might improve, but if they have been less than 100% professional, they will struggle. France showed resilience and skill against England, having been caught slow out of the blocks. From 20 minutes in it was 24-18 iirc, with an interception, and a generous interpretation of the forward pass rule counting for 12 of those points. 

As for the NRL/non NRL comparisons, England have shown as they always do, that SL produces great players. France and Wales have both played well so far. There’s a lot to like about NH league.

• Like 2