1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa by 13 points or more
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/22 at 17:30

10 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Fair dos. I just think there’s a sort of hysteria going on.

Samoa’s coach was at pains to stress they were undercooked prior to the England game but they smashed Greece by a far higher margin than France did. Caveat emptor

They may have beat Greece by a larger margin the French but that Samoan performance was pretty poor if you break it down. Watching the game back Samoa showed barely nothing other than being the physically dominant team, almost all of the tries were not structured rather created from individual brilliance by a player much bigger and faster than his amateur opposition. They came into that game with a mentality to discredit keeping the ball and try to redeem themselves from last week, they ended with a 65% Completion rate which is absolutely shocking.

Compare that France who had 90% last week, France against Greece played the exact opposite game, they played there opposition as equals and did not change there game plan because they were versing an easier side, They showed this in the decisions to take the 2 from right in front twice rather than going for a try which they 99% would’ve scored.

Samoa’s tactic this tournament to  solely relay on individual Brilliance rather than creating a structured team game plan won’t work against France.

France are all full-time first grade professionals and will not fall to side with no real game plan. When your playing against top level opposition you have to a structured attack and defence and Samoa do not have either of those.

On 27/10/2022 at 18:28, Tommygilf said:

The most recent in 2013 no? 

My apologies for not answering sooner. I believe so. France has struggled against physical teams hence the historical record against Samoa. This French pack is solid and that will help. Will it be enough? My pick is still Samoa but a win to France is a real possibility.

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 26/10/2022 at 23:16, Harry Stottle said:

Would that be because you consider Samoa not to be as good as expected or France are better than expected?

I think that Samoa will come back very strongly and I am afraid that France will suffer for it.

I think it's the only game this weekend that may not be totally one sided.

• Like 1

The mental gymnastics some people perform to convince themselves the result they want to happen will happen is quite something.

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

31 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

The mental gymnastics some people perform to convince themselves the result they want to happen will happen is quite something.

I agree that it requires a fair bit of imagination to see this Samoan side as the world beaters some do.  But they are not that bad, it will be a competitive game.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

I agree that it requires a fair bit of imagination to see this Samoan side as the world beaters some do.  But they are not that bad, it will be a competitive game.

I don't think Samoa are amazing either but the pumping up of a very average France is a stretch. It seems like because they had a good 5 minutes against England that people think they are a good team. This will be a fairly comfortable win for Samoa, although I hope I am wrong.

Edited by Tex Evans Thigh

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

31 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Positive call by the France management IMO.

Hopefully this gives Rougé a run in the Halves, and Gigot out to fullback we’re he will be much more safe, and if he has runs like weeks he will be in for a great game. Jouffret has also been included in the squad so we may see him have a run too.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Hopefully this gives Rougé a run in the Halves, and Gigot out to fullback we’re he will be much more safe, and if he has runs like weeks he will be in for a great game. Jouffret has also been included in the squad so we may see him have a run too.

Yep, I'd go with Gigot as the talisman at #1. Rougé and Mourgue in the halves, for me. I think Rougé has a lot of potential to do well.

8 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Yep, I'd go with Gigot as the talisman at #1. Rougé and Mourgue in the halves, for me. I think Rougé has a lot of potential to do well.

Rougé is special I think, We’ve not seen enough of him yet but the kid is only just turned 20 and already has 6 SL games to his name and a French Cap. He’s looked very solid and at home playing against grown men. His style of play is very different to your average French halfback, He’s a big build, loves to run the football and has a quality kicking game. Every time I watch Rougé play all I think of is Cleary, not saying he is as good Cleary or ever will be of course but he could be part of a new generation of halfbacks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Rougé is special I think, We’ve not seen enough of him yet but the kid is only just turned 20 and already has 6 SL games to his name and a French Cap. He’s looked very solid and at home playing against grown men. His style of play is very different to your average French halfback, He’s a big build, loves to run the football and has a quality kicking game. Every time I watch Rougé play all I think of is Cleary, not saying he is as good Cleary or ever will be of course but he could be part of a new generation of halfbacks.

I've only seen him a couple of times, but he impressed me on both occasions. I hope he's in for them.

6 hours ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I will see your 20 year old Cesar Rouge and increase it with 19 year old Joseph Sua'ali'i for the young star of the show!

Just arrived back in Kent from Spain and looking forward to driving up to Warrington tomorrow for the France v Samoa match to enjoy the VIP hospitality having forked out over £ 460.00 for 2 places and have just read an e-mail from RLWC  Hospitality (Independent organisation from RLWC)

Quote unless you pay another £ 360.00 pounds for PNG v Wales (Which we cancelled due to work) you cannot release your France v  VIP Samoa tickets:(

Wonderful they can stick them where the sun don't shine and look forward to a small claims summons on Monday.

Furious arrogant idiots 

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Just arrived back in Kent from Spain and looking forward to driving up to Warrington tomorrow for the France v Samoa match to enjoy the VIP hospitality having forked out over £ 460.00 for 2 places and have just read an e-mail from RLWC  Hospitality (Independent organisation from RLWC)

Quote unless you pay another £ 360.00 pounds for PNG v Wales (Which we cancelled due to work) you cannot release your France v  VIP Samoa tickets:(

Wonderful they can stick them where the sun don't shine and look forward to a small claims summons on Monday.

Furious arrogant idiots 

To be fair it sounds like you bought a number of tickets from one place, are refusing to pay for your order in full but expecting them to deliver it anyway?

Why should someone suffer the loss on your tickets - should you not have sold them like people always do with tickets they end up having but don’t need?

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 1