1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa by 13 points or more
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/22 at 17:30

Quite a few problems for France.

In the first 20 minutes they didn't land one decent contact in defence, they were getting hammered down the middle. Then, when they did get a bit of purchase their last tackle kicks were nearly all dreadful and they had no real threat with the ball in hand. All topped with poor or non-existent defence out wide.

That said, I still don't understand what 80% of the six-agains were for. I have no idea when attacking the head became permitted again, but having watched Cook Islands, PNG, NZ (specifically Waerea-Hargreaves) and Samoa in the last week it is clearly something they are very comfortable with down under.

• Like 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Really bad look for rugby league having these silly heritage nations comfortably beat our few proper rugby league nations. Someone has to sort it out because Samoa shouldn’t be anywhere close to being able to beat France yet here we are. Heritage players do nothing but destroy and make a mockery out of our international game.

We would not have a world cup without heritage. Wed have 5 teams.

Im furious that were destroyed every time by those but theyre not going anywhere anytime soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

No they can’t, not with this team. They simply are not at the same level. I don’t know why you think they are.

I think i worded it wrong, I’m saying on a good day at home in Perpignan they could beat them but right now they look shocking. It is not “impossible” for France to beat Samoa but rather evidently very hard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Legend said:

Very disappointing half by the French. 

Roll on next week were we'll maybe get some close, competative games. 

The only game that's gone to the last 5 minutes so far was the Tonga vs Papua New Guinea game. 

Didn't Wales nearly tie a game with the last play of the match?

• Thanks 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Lock in clubs from France and Wales into SL , play them annually on TV so they can build sponsors and revenue. Two games a year in June so the absolute bare minimum.

Which of the 2 struggling L1 Welsh clubs should be placed in Superleague & where would they get the money from to run a full time Superleague club.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hvy wg said:

We would not have a world cup without heritage. Wed have 5 teams.

Im furious that were destroyed every time by those but theyre not going anywhere anytime soon

World Cup would look this if we expelled Heritage filled Nations.

Australia

England

New Zealand

Papua New Guinea

France

Fiji

Wales 

7 Good nations and that’s all we’re really capable of having. These heritage teams make a mockery of the sport.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I think i worded it wrong, I’m saying on a good day at home in Perpignan they could beat them but right now they look shocking. It is not “impossible” for France to beat Samoa but rather evidently very hard.

Samoa win 99/100 times. France need better players and a better mentality if they want to beat any of the serious teams. They made hard work of Greece, they remain miles behind. Doesn’t bode well for 2025.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Just now, barnyia said:

It's a different game with a super League ref who would let them get away with a bit of a wrestle, France are trying hard but Samoa are a different level.

Theyre wrestling the sht out of us. We are not allowed to wrestle them.

1 minute ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Samoa win 99/100 times. France need better players and a better mentality if they want to beat any of the serious teams. They made hard work of Greece, they remain miles behind. Doesn’t bode well for 2025.

Definitely not 99/100, I don’t think you realise how much that is. It would be more like 75-25

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

World Cup would look this if we expelled Heritage filled Nations.

Australia

England

New Zealand

Papua New Guinea

France

Fiji

Wales 

7 Good nations and that’s all we’re really capable of having. These heritage teams make a mockery of the sport.

Shall we just not bother then?

I've no issue with first generation Samoans, Tongans, Kukis, Welsh etc but I would limit it to parentage or birth right as opposed to grand/great grandparents but I'd also make it so you can't then change nations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good grief are we calling that a shoulder charge? I had a bigger collision with an old fella in Morrisons this afternoon when I was a bit too eager to get to the Sunday reductions.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Samoa beating them like they are today sure isn't going to do much for the game's image in France.

• Like 1

It looked like a physical mismatch during the pre-match challenge, and although France have bravely stood up to it, they just can't match the power. Once they asserted physical dominance, their backs (particularly on France's right side) showed what they can do. I bet France wished they'd played week 1 Samoa instead of week 3 Samoa.

Tonga v Samoa will be mouth-watering. And some of the tackles eye-watering.

• Thanks 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Just now, meast said:

Shall we just not bother then?

I've no issue with first generation Samoans, Tongans, Kukis, Welsh etc but I would limit it to parentage or birth right as opposed to grand/great grandparents but I'd also make it so you can't then change nations.

Then you wouldn’t get many half decent Aussies with dual heritage choosing anyone else over Australia.

• Like 1