1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa by 13 points or more
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/22 at 17:30

7 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Really bad look for rugby league having these silly heritage nations comfortably beat our few proper rugby league nations. Someone has to sort it out because Samoa shouldn’t be anywhere close to being able to beat France yet here we are. Heritage players do nothing but destroy and make a mockery out of our international game.

Does that include Langi, ex Tonga for France? Or potentially one day Watkins helping Jamaica out? Of half the Italy squad etc etc. Are you suggesting that we lower the level and standard of play just to make it easier for the rest? Are you suggesting that ‘silly heritage nations’ are cynical, unpatriotic, not ‘proper’ teams?  My wife was born in another country and played table tennis for them in the Commonwealth Games. She’s been a UK citizen for over 20 years and we’re she fit and young and good enough would be overjoyed to play for England. The key issue for me is for more, relevant and competitive international matches to help improve the quality and know how and competitive abilities of the do-called heartland nations

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SydneyRoosters said:

Imagine if a rugby union fan saw Samoan beating France 28-0, they would be laughing, not a good look for our sport. Heritage nations do nothing but mock the game.

Precisely.  How small must a sport be for a TPLIC (tin-pot little island country) to thrash a G7 country like France in it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Imagine if a rugby union fan saw Samoan beating France 28-0, they would be laughing, not a good look for our sport. Heritage nations do nothing but mock the game.

Rugby union Samoan is full of NZers as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, meast said:

Shall we just not bother then?

I've no issue with first generation Samoans, Tongans, Kukis, Welsh etc but I would limit it to parentage or birth right as opposed to grand/great grandparents but I'd also make it so you can't then change nations.

We should bother growing the sport in Samoa rather than selecting a team of Aussies claiming to be “Samoan”.

Not saying the Samoan lads aren’t Samoan but they are ethically Samoan, not Nationally wise. Every other Samoan national team in sport is filled by at least 30-40% Samoan born players, it makes our sport look terrible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Lock in clubs from France and Wales into SL , play them annually on TV so they can build sponsors and revenue. Two games a year in June so the absolute bare minimum.

Meanwhile, in the real world....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Definitely not 99/100, I don’t think you realise how much that is. It would be more like 75-25

I don’t realize how many times 99/100 is? I’m no mathematician but I’m confident it’s 99 times or 99%. Happy to be corrected though.

there is not a scenario in the world where France beat Samoa 25% of the time. Take your blinkers off mate. I want France to be strong too but they just aren’t. They’re too small, too weak minded and don’t have enough top class players. This France team would finish bottom of SL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Lol why can neither of the French wingers see the Samoan guy stood outside of them?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Because the nations that invest in youth development get pumped by heritage teams thus devaluing the tournament and any incentive to develop players. 

I am not against it per se but their are plenty of good reasons to be against it. I have Spanish residency, it doesn’t make me Spanish.

Exactly Youth development should be rewarded

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I don’t wanna get my head shot off but i don’t think he’s been that bad 

He hasn't.

I'm as disappointed as anyone that the French haven't made a game of this but it has nothing to do with the referee. 

• Like 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

How come were smaller, slower, less fit and less rugby brained than them?

We are dire

French RU has some big units, so they do exist. It's not all about size, but it helps if 1-17 are all heavier.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"