1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa by 13 points or more
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/22 at 17:30

3 minutes ago, tim2 said:

There was a time when they could have matched England in Cricket. They'd certainly beat the rest of the G7!

Also, they beat most of them in the 100m, 4x100m, 200m in Athletics...

Without heritage players, England don’t win the cricket World Cup and Ireland and the Netherlands don’t also beat England.

But in all of those cases, the game is stronger with those heritage players involved.

People looking for easy solutions or too simple causes are nearly always wrong.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, my missus said:

I was at the Lebanon v Tonga game earlier and the atmosphere was fantastic is it the BBC that kills the sound?

Ref's mic always seems turned up to absolute full max so it's hard to hear the crowd and any atmosphere 

2 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

Union going pro helped destroy Wales too.

The Wales that have massively improved for this tournament, have had their best year in PDRL and are coming on strong in the women’s game as well.

That Wales?

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

People looking for easy solutions or too simple causes are nearly always wrong.

But, by God, they're noisy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Unfortunately, some people are too enraged by posts like that to just choose not to engage/encourage, which ruins every match thread.

I feel seen 

2 minutes ago, Derwent said:

It was a try under the laws of the game. A clash of heads is not foul play. That was first contact. Milford’s arm was not raised at any point nor was it swung at the French player. 

If Milford's arm isn't raised at any point that makes it a shoulder charge, no?

Genuinely cannot see how KO-ing someone with your head, as the defender, can be a fair shot.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Thought that was slightly harsh on France.

I have booked tickets for the quarter final at Warrington watching Tonga and Samoa and frankly cannot wait. Should be a great game with two nations that bring a culture and an aura well beyond the 80 minutes. Should be a belter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

Nothing has changed in the last 3 weeks apart from you not seeing the results you want.

You can't decide what rules and eligibility you want based on the results.

We can’t act like the results don’t matter, the fact is having 60-90 point wins every 1 or 2 games is not good for our sport and does no favours. It just makes it more of a mockery when we have a team of 96% Domestic born players getting destroyed by a team with 8% Domestic born players. All it does is make a mockery of our game, Imagine if a union fan saw this result, they would be laughing there ass off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JimBronco said:

I had £5 on France. I'll just go and take a long hard look at myself in the mirror.

The bookies are rarely wrong though to be fair they did underestimate England.

They were 16-1 fifth favs before the start of the tournament. That was worth a £5 bet and I regret I didn’t. 

• Like 1

Just now, SydneyRoosters said:

We can’t act like the results don’t matter, the fact is having 60-90 point wins every 1 or 2 games is not good for our sport and does no favours. It just makes it more of a mockery when we have a team of 96% Domestic born players getting destroyed by a team with 8% Domestic born players. All it does is make a mockery of our game, Imagine if a union fan saw this result, they would be laughing there ass off.

I'm not interested in any way what Union fans think.  I just want to enjoy our World Cup.  I have enjoyed it so far and I think the next 3 weeks of the men's competition plus the Women and Wheelchair World Cup will be exceptional.

• Like 7

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I feel seen 

Always a risk with a hi-viz hair colour...

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I'm not interested in any way what Union fans think.  I just want to enjoy our World Cup.  I have enjoyed it so far and I think the next 3 weeks of the men's competition plus the Women and Wheelchair World Cup will be exceptional.

Ok well you do you, but the overall perception of the tournament from the public is very negative.

• Like 1

Kept off this thread for the whole game, I should imagine there are quite a few who will have red faces with not only with their predictions but the quality they gave these respective teams and some of the individuals on show, no names but the same person said that Milford was finished and Lui was just a show pony.

This was effectively a select SL v NRL clash, the French lads could not live with the power, speed, organisation and skills of their opponents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Ok well you do you, but the overall perception of the tournament from the public is very negative.

I’ve talked to people who don’t watch our game but have watched games on bbc and they talk about the physicality , ferocious tackling , pace of the game and great skill . And how it’s superior to the Union they’ve seen . But that’s just anecdotally from my experience. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Kept off this thread for the whole game, I should imagine there are quite a few who will have red faces with not only with their predictions but the quality they gave these respective teams and some of the individuals on show, no names but the same person said that Milford was finished and Lui was just a show pony.

This was effectively a select SL v NRL clash, the French lads could not live with the power, speed, organisation and skills of their opponents.

Your very much correct about the other stuff but don’t try turn this into a debate about SL V NRL. This was France Vs Samoa, it has nothing to do with that debate.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

Glad you tipped the under dog?  

So much for Samoa will be lucky to score 1 or 2 trys 

Like I said..... Parody account.  Time to call it a day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You mean just like this same team of NRL superheroes couldn't live with England a couple of weeks ago?

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

I didn't say beating, I said thrashing.  Jamaica would never thrash any G7 country in any major sport and neither would any other tiny little island country.  And Jamaica's a lot bigger country than Samoa.

Samoa thrashed Russia in RU

Fiji thrashed Canada a couple of times 

• Like 1