1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa by 13 points or more
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/22 at 17:30

2 hours ago, Phil said:

I didn’t say all, I said most, you’ve just mentioned a few 

Just how many team sports with a World Cup or World Championship do you think there are anyway?  I listed six which I am confident is at least half of the total.  Other than soccer, RU and RL I don't know of any others which allow qualification based on having a parent or grandparent from the country in question, do you?

3 hours ago, Big Picture said:

No that's not true at all.  Basketball, handball, hockey, ice hockey, lacrosse and apparently now cricket too base eligibility on nationality/citizenship.

Why is that better all that is is residency with an extra hoop to jump through. 

As we already knew the Samoans were underdone and the organisations approach to the tournament was very lackadaisical on the back of their superstar commits. Obviously this has started to correct itself as the squad has spent time together while some improved team selections and returns from injury have the squad looking more appropriately balanced than it did initially. Very good for the tournament as we are in desperate need of some competitive games throughout the finals.

France has a major physicality and athleticism problem, we often lament when small and skillful players are overlooked in the youth ranks for their well-developed peers but this game is a very good example as to why there is such value in powerful athletes in RL. Springer, Dezaria and Sangare are the few who could be considered athletic here, Garcia, Goudemand and Pelisser are less explosive but hold their own through a combination of strength, stamina and agility while lacking size. The rest of the pack has no such athleticism - Seguier, Jullien, Puech, Le Cam and Da Costa just can't compete with Samoa or England in this aspect. 

The outside backs are also poor in this sense. Romano is passable and works extremely hard out of his own end but struggles with a lot of the fundamentals, Yaha is big enough but is very slow and not that strong for his size, Langi is good enough here but getting older and will relinquish his eligibility if not playing in France, Laguerre isn't fast or strong but runs a good line and can compete in the air, Marcon gets monstered if anyone catches him. Outside the WC squad you have Jussaume who looked to have some damaging pace and footwork but again struggles with some of the fundamentals, Marguerite has shown in the past he can be an explosive outside back to physically compete but has never been consistent or suggested to have the right mentality to make the most of it, Miloudi could damage any team on his day but he's a little bit insane and defensively suspect.

The spine is the one potential bright spot, Mourgue has all the talent in the world and has proven his ability to impact big games against quality teams time and time again. Da Costa really shouldn't be in the side, everything looks much better with Pelissier on and Lacans should feel unlucky to have missed the squad. Gigot is the definition of rocks and diamonds but he actually hasn't had too bad of a tournament after Greece, has lost the athleticism that would allow him to play centre effectively though. Rouge is just too inexperienced at the moment but has a lot going for him as a future halfback. This side really is crying out for the consistency of Theo Fages, I do hope we haven't seen the last of him in a France jersey.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Why is that better all that is is residency with an extra hoop to jump through. 

It's a lot more than that.  Immigrants only become citizens when they intend to stay in their new country and live the rest of their lives there, taking out citizenship in a country is a sign of commitment to it as millions of us who have done that know.  It's permanent in a way simple residency for a time is not.

On 28/10/2022 at 16:21, SydneyRoosters said:

Samoa’s tactic this tournament to  solely relay on individual Brilliance rather than creating a structured team game plan won’t work against France.

France are all full-time first grade professionals and will not fall to side with no real game plan. When your playing against top level opposition you have to a structured attack and defence and Samoa do not have either of those.

The performance of France in the match was absolutely awful and I cannot understand your blind faith in predicting them to beat Samoa. You queried my post stating that Samoa would  be far too strong for France and would win comfortably.

I watched France back in the Puig Aubert era and a little beyond when they were a real force in RL and I had been hopeful that a return to something remotely approaching that level would occur. Unfortunately at the moment they are beyond dire.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jean de Bordeaux said:

Big mistake to not have admitted Toulouse in SuperLeague for a 2 years franchise !

Impossible for us to have a decent national team.

Jean, it's true what you say. Also, France should be playing a full England team each year at least once.

• Like 1

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

5 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I’ll be cheering for Tonga next week, hopefully Lolohea or one of Tonga’s big backrowers puts a shot on him, He throughly deserves it.

I don't want to see him hurt but he could certainly do with being knocked off his high horse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyRoosters said:

@Mojo this is getting really quite concerning how much posts of mine you’ve disliked, Do something productive, go on a hike, Please.

Seriously some of the rants you've done in here is something a spoiled toddler does when he doesn't get things his way 🤦‍♂️😂

2 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

What about your rants about Samoa and how they were going to destroy England, what happened there buddy.

Saying Samoa can compete with England is not a rant. And well done to England they played well. But some of the stuff you posted during that France game is shocking and I couldn't help but laugh 🤦‍♂️😂😂 England did awesome that first game and they deserved the win.

13 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Saying Samoa can compete with England is not a rant. And well done to England they played well. But some of the stuff you posted during that France game is shocking and I couldn't help but laugh 🤦‍♂️😂😂 England did awesome that first game and they deserved the win.

How so, I clearly recall you writing dozens upon dozens of Paragraphs about how good Samoa are and how they will beat England. I’m sure at least 200+ of your posts were on the England-Samoa Debate

49 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Like James Graham said if you want to get Luai you've got to catch him first 😂😂😂😂

He’s alive,that was either a very big rock you had to crawl from beneath or you threw. an excessive amount of toys out of your pram after the England mullering that required picking up.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SydneyRoosters said:

How so, I clearly recall you writing dozens upon dozens of Paragraphs about how good Samoa are and how they will beat England. I’m sure at least 200+ of your posts were on the England-Samoa Debate

Yup that's call debating. You saying ban every heritage players because theyre ruining the game is shocking. Grow up

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

He’s alive,that was either a very big rock you had to crawl from beneath or you threw. an excessive amount of toys out of your pram after the England mullering that required picking up.

Geez if I was 10 years old that comment would've hurt my feelings 🤦‍♂️😂

11 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

I'm still pretty shocked that that try on HT wasn't queried. Imagine a try from a PTB after the siren in a close game!

There’s been some shocking calls in this World Cup,the Aussie refs seem lost without the bunkers constant involvement,having said that Hicks & a few VR’s have made some awful decisions to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayCee said:

Jean, it's true what you say. Also, France should be playing a full England team each year at least once.

Hi Ray, these days the World Cup is the pinnicle of our game and all other International fixtures should be utilised to build up to the next one, considering the next one has the shorter time span of 3 years to get ready and prepare for time is at a premium and should be utilised accordingly.

Now, should England win this tournament they must not rest on their laurels they should play the best teams to maintain monentum, conversely should they not win it this year, a programme to play the best should also be sought after, it is a well known fact that any individual or team only improves by competing against better opponents.

Whilst all that is very true in respect of France playing England does it really help and assist England's preperation? Mr Wane quite rightly for very insular reasons opted to play a team of stronger opponents from SL representing other nationalities rather than France in this year's preperation for this tournament, considering that will Mr Wane opt for helping the French to improve on an annual basis before the next WC when he could ask for more meaningful fixtures even if it means travelling to the other side of the planet or inviting better than France to these shores, this may sound inward-looking but the England management should only be concerned with their own preperation and not other nations if that includes France so be it.

• Like 1