1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa by 13 points or more
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/22 at 17:30

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Because the nations that invest in youth development get pumped by heritage teams thus devaluing the tournament and any incentive to develop players. 

I am not against it per se but their are plenty of good reasons to be against it. I have Spanish residency, it doesn’t make me Spanish.

Without these players a number of these nations wouldn’t even have a team, let alone a somewhat successful one that will hopefully inspire youngsters to take up and drastically improve their games. You’d have a tournament of a smaller number of nations in which interest would be low as it would be the same old same old with no prospect of longer term improvement

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I don’t wanna get my head shot off but i don’t think he’s been that bad 

Only way you get your head shot off is by running the ball in against these PI sides.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, tim2 said:

French RU has some big units, so they do exist. It's not all about size, but it helps if 1-17 are all heavier.

None of them runs it like the samoans. In union also the french clubs rely on polynesians to get meters with the ball in hand. The particular ruleset in Union allow us to work around that. The League ruleset favour absolute strength down the middle.

Serbia fail to make a World Cup because Scotland pump them despite having practically no Scottish players and zero growth will come from this World Cup. What is the point?

Serbia should have made the world cup 

4 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Does that include Langi, ex Tonga for France? Or potentially one day Watkins helping Jamaica out? Of half the Italy squad etc etc. Are you suggesting that we lower the level and standard of play just to make it easier for the rest? Are you suggesting that ‘silly heritage nations’ are cynical, unpatriotic, not ‘proper’ teams?  My wife was born in another country and played table tennis for them in the Commonwealth Games. She’s been a UK citizen for over 20 years and we’re she fit and young and good enough would be overjoyed to play for England. The key issue for me is for more, relevant and competitive international matches to help improve the quality and know how and competitive abilities of the do-called heartland nations

France have 96% French born players, having 1 Heritage/Residency player is fine, even having half the squad heritage is alright, But Samoa are entirely Heritage.

If your wife has been in England for 20 years she’s English, most of these Samoan boys have never stepped foot in the country. 

By the way Heritage players definitely don’t make the international game more competitive, we’ve seen Italy, Scotland, Cook Islands, Even Samoa and a lot of other heritage filled nations get destroyed by 60+ points.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

A bit of luck there, but France remove l'oeuf from their side of the scoreboard.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Serbia fail to make a World Cup because Scotland pump them despite having practically no Scottish players and zero growth will come from this World Cup. What is the point?

Serbia deserve far more support than they get.

• Like 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Despite what the commentators are saying, kicking to To'o's side is a good tactic that I would expect the best teams to use.

He is the best 2nd tackle carrier in the game but turn him around and make him carry the ball back on the first tackle and he is nowhere near as effective.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Jamaica beat the USA how small is football. 

Jamaica has beaten the US exactly once in soccer.  That was their first win in 19 matches between the two countries, it was in Jamaica and it was only 2-1.

That's not remotely the same as this, and you know it.

On 29/10/2022 at 09:20, SydneyRoosters said:

What happened to the “NRL” stacked Samoan team against a team of Super league players last week.

They turned up believing their own press.  I believe they will put Tonga to the sword and provide stiffer opposition in the semi-final. France are poor. I genuinely fear for the next world cup if they don't get out of their group next time, because watching g the top 14, you can see the mountain they have to climb to get the French public to watch them. A winning French side is key, but floggings like today will do them and the game in general no favours. 

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I heard he ran over the top of JB and scored in the corner. 

He was a Yorkshireman, the Samoan pack couldn't have stopped him getting to a whole chicken on a 30% reduction.

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Big Picture said:

Jamaica has beaten the US exactly once in soccer.  That was their first win in 19 matches between the two countries, it was in Jamaica and it was only 2-1.

That's not remotely the same as this, and you know it.

It’s a “tinpot” ( your words) island beating a (the biggest) g7 country. 

• Thanks 1

What is a "Heritage" player? 

For comparison to our eligibility rules, here's a parallel in the world of citizenship. "If one of your grandparents was born in Ireland, you will be eligible for Irish citizenship through the Irish citizenship by descent route."

So you don't have to be born in Ireland to be an Irish citizen.

Your parents don't have to have been born in Ireland for you to be an Irish citizen.

However, if one of your grandparents was born in Ireland, you can claim Irish citizenship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Londonbornirishbred said:

They turned up believing their own press.  I believe they will put Tonga to the sword and provide stiffer opposition in the semi-final. France are poor. I genuinely fear for the next world cup if they don't get out of their group next time, because watching g the top 14, you can see the mountain they have to climb to get the French public to watch them. A winning French side is key, but floggings like today will do them and the game in general no favours. 

Give us a group with Wales, Ireland and Serbia. We have had hard groups for since I remembee

7 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Without these players a number of these nations wouldn’t even have a team, let alone a somewhat successful one that will hopefully inspire youngsters to take up and drastically improve their games. You’d have a tournament of a smaller number of nations in which interest would be low as it would be the same old same old with no prospect of longer term improvement

So they shouldn’t, why do Samoa have a team but Germany (Competitive team) Don’t. Germany could have David Klemmer, Scott Drinkwater, Toby Rudolf and about 10 other first graders.

what makes Samoa different to Germany, in fact Samoa only have 6 rugby league teams whilst Germany have 4. The nations have almost the same amount of clubs, why is Germany not a top Nation, The structure is so inconsistent.

• Haha 2