1. 1. Who will win?

• Samoa by 13 points or more
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/22 at 17:30

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

Yeah ok,its all the refs,coaches,heritage players on other teams faults,nothing to do with the French players ineptitude.

The French have been typically disjointed, ill-disciplined and out-muscled. They've not had the rub of the green on a number of calls.

Samoa have got away with all sorts around the ruck, but are clearly worthy of the win.

• Like 2

I can see Samoa beating Tonga but both of them look to be clicking so it should be a fantastic game 

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

14 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It’s a “tinpot” ( your words) island beating a (the biggest) g7 country. 

I didn't say beating, I said thrashing.  Jamaica would never thrash any G7 country in any major sport and neither would any other tiny little island country.  And Jamaica's a lot bigger country than Samoa.

• Haha 1

Just now, Derwent said:

Absolutely. It’s just deflection from how rubbish France are. 

Everyone has pointed out how bad France have been. Weird to see the NRL fanboys refusing to engage with any of the actual points being made. Can you have a go at making the case for the head tackle try?

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Absolutely. It’s just deflection from how rubbish France are. 

But the same people have been saying how rubbish France are.

So how is it deflection?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, SydneyRoosters said:

62 wow this is just getting depressing, I’m certain now the international game will go absolutely no where unless stuff like this gets sorted out. Absolutely shocking what heritage players have done to the sport.

I actually thought this was a parody at first.

• Like 6

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Lol if that's the rule I'm tempted to give up.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Big Picture said:

I didn't say beating, I said thrashing.  Jamaica would never thrash any G7 country in any major sport and neither would any other tiny little island country.  And Jamaica's a lot bigger country than Samoa.

There was a time when they could have matched England in Cricket. They'd certainly beat the rest of the G7!

Also, they beat most of them in the 100m, 4x100m, 200m in Athletics...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

62 wow this is just getting depressing, I’m certain now the international game will go absolutely no where unless stuff like this gets sorted out. Absolutely shocking what heritage players have done to the sport.

Wales and France  have been destroyed  by it. 

• Like 2

Well done to Mourgue for getting straight up again after THAT!

• Like 7

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, SydneyRoosters said:

Heritage teams like Samoa and Tonga are a cheap shortcut to have a bigger international game than the sport used to have.  Not much bigger mind, and not anything impressive either but doing it the right way would cost money and lots of it.

• Like 2

Just now, Just Browny said:

Everyone has pointed out how bad France have been. Weird to see the NRL fanboys refusing to engage with any of the actual points being made. Can you have a go at making the case for the head tackle try?

I don’t watch the NRL so I don’t fall into that category.

It was a try under the laws of the game. A clash of heads is not foul play. That was first contact. Milford’s arm was not raised at any point nor was it swung at the French player. You should also note that the ref sent it up as no try and it was an English video ref that gave the try.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 minute ago, corkonian77 said:

Wales and France  have been destroyed  by it. 

Heritage players have done absolutely no favours to the sport, it just makes a mockery of the international game. In the 70s and 80s when we had GB (ENG/WAL) France, Australia, New Zealand and PNG our international game was at its peak, who would’ve thought.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, SydneyRoosters said:

I used to laugh when I saw people say the RLWC is a joke, I’m starting to agree with them now.

Nothing has changed in the last 3 weeks apart from you not seeing the results you want.

You can't decide what rules and eligibility you want based on the results.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I was at the Lebanon v Jamaica game earlier and the atmosphere was fantastic is it the BBC that kills the sound?

Edited by my missus
  • Like 1

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)