Fixtures 2023

POR

17 hours ago, Maureen T-k said:

Summer Bash 2023 venue confirmed. 

It's not Leeds Rhinos, Headingley BUT it's also not Blackpool FC. 

The RFL have announced that the showpiece of the championship season will take place at York City Knights LNER Stadium.

Jesus they are getting desperate for venues🤔

18 hours ago, TheYoungBaron said:

I've parked in the PnR car park at monk's cross each home match for the kneets without any problems BUT I've a feeling there'll be too many cars there at the Bash. Best off using the Askham Bar PnR to park up, use the bus into town for a pint or two and then the PnR bus up to monk's cross. One return ticket is all that's needed. The PnR at Askham Bar doesn't close till late. Was looking forward to Blackpool sitting with the loons from Fev too. 😀

What a fart about, no thanks. 

• Like 1

Matt Shaw reckons we will be the team that gets to play a second "away" fixture at York via the Bash.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/summer-bash-york-rugby-league-25475280

"And of course, it means York get an extra home game to every other side in the competition. It's believed Andrew Henderson's side will play Featherstone at the Bash which, for balance, is the toughest opponent right now on paper, but it's hardly an ideal scenario when so much is on the line this year."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Normy_Rover said:

Monday Night fixture for us 🙄

Excellent. I work in Keighley, and Monday is an office day. 👍

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

31 minutes ago, Normy_Rover said:

Monday Night fixture for us 🙄

And according to Viaplay Sports we also got

Mon 6th Mar Round 5: Featherstone Rovers v Bradford Bulls

and

May 27/28 Summer Bash Featherstone v York 

10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Probably not the time you'd choose to play Keighley - first season back, at their place in front of what is sure to be a lively crowd, and against a certain half back who you know is going to be all geared up to put on a show. But it's a cracking season-opener for the TV cameras, bring it on!

Stage set for some virtuoso brilliance from Chizzy. Old boys always seem to haunt Fev.

43 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Stage set for some virtuoso brilliance from Chizzy. Old boys always seem to haunt Fev.

I'd suggest that's urban myth. For every old boy that has a good game against us, there's one that no one notices. 

Accepting different with Chizzy given he was under contract, ex players tend to be "let go" when supporters would like to keep them or "released" when they don't, when the reality is out of contract. How many ex players that have been "let go" have ended up playing at higher level than we're at? I'd suggest very few... 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

19 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Probably not the time you'd choose to play Keighley - first season back, at their place in front of what is sure to be a lively crowd, and against a certain half back who you know is going to be all geared up to put on a show. But it's a cracking season-opener for the TV cameras, bring it on!

It was originally pencilled in for the Sunday, so I suspect it’s moved for television interest and purposes 

Im Fev and im proud

12 hours ago, gazza77 said:

I'd suggest that's urban myth. For every old boy that has a good game against us, there's one that no one notices. 

Accepting different with Chizzy given he was under contract, ex players tend to be "let go" when supporters would like to keep them or "released" when they don't, when the reality is out of contract. How many ex players that have been "let go" have ended up playing at higher level than we're at? I'd suggest very few... 

Yeah of course. Sheer weight of numbers suggests OBs will score against us quite regularly. 

That said, you could easily see why Chizz would be well up for this one.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 13:25, The Phantom Horseman said:

I disagree - on a probable muddy, definately cold & possibly a wet pitch in february - think he will be nullified a bit & it will be a forwards match so think its a perfect time to get them out of the way 

Edited by elppaxr2i
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

That said, you could easily see why Chizz would be well up for this one.

Who could blame him? Anyway it'd be our fault for allowing McDownbeat to push him out last season, only to replace him with Mick Fleetwood.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elppaxr2i said:

I disagree - on a probable muddy, definately cold & possibly a wet pitch in february - think he will be nullified a bit & it will be a forwards match so think its a perfect time to get them out of the way 

Muddy pitches ,and cold weather suit Fev , they won the first 2 games last season beating York and Leigh , and thought it was gonna be a stroll in the park regarding promotion , till they met Batley .

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Coralinejones said:

Muddy pitches ,and cold weather suit Fev , they won the first 2 games last season beating York and Leigh , and thought it was gonna be a stroll in the park regarding promotion , till they met Batley .

I don't know anyone who thought it was going to be a stroll in the park. Anyone who knows anything about RL particularly Leigh KNEW that Leigh were going to recruit well and losing to Rovers early doors wasn't going to stop them - and that's how it turned out. Little did WE know how bad a coach McDermott would turn out and as for Batley they were deserved winners both time's they beat us.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Adam B said:

Who could blame him? Anyway it'd be our fault for allowing McDownbeat to push him out last season, only to replace him with Mick Fleetwood.

Unfortunately, A that didn't happen Chizzy and Tom H were replaced by Morgan and Ryley don't forget both went out on loan before your friend Mick arrived

21 hours ago, POR said:

Unfortunately, A that didn't happen Chizzy and Tom H were replaced by Morgan and Ryley don't forget both went out on loan before your friend Mick arrived

That's not entirely true POR, I seem to recall Chizzy playing on and off in early season while McD fannied around with the halves, and alongside Ryley in that turgid draw at Batley, then being farmed out on loan a few weeks later, with Ford being announced a few weeks after that.

By any measure that's someone being moved out to bring someone else in. That went well.