Summer Bash.

spanishknight

9 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Fully agree , plenty to do, great to mix with all clubs fans , marvelous weekend away can't wait.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Exactly G I've been taking my tribe for years with another birth soon I will be up to 21๐Ÿ˜€ย the thing about the trip is not all of them go to watch FEV at the Bash but as a family WE still have plenty to do together funny thing last year gave the bash a miss but we all still went to the pool, and EVERYONE watched FEV on tele๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿคฃ

I feel sorry for the fans who don't go because they think Blackpool is beneath them all I can say is more fool them:kolobok_jester:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, spanishknight said:

Understand the Summer Bash will be back at Blackpool next year, yippee great weekend away and plenty of games to watch.

Great news. Meet up with mates from Fev. Just hope we aren't playing them this time. And hope that the Bloomfield Club still has its homebrew on tap.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, POR said:

Exactly G I've been taking my tribe for years with another birth soon I will be up to 21๐Ÿ˜€ย the thing about the trip is not all of them go to watch FEV at the Bash but as a family WE still have plenty to do together funny thing last year gave the bash a miss but we all still went to the pool, and EVERYONE watched FEV on tele๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿคฃ

I feel sorry for the fans who don't go because they think Blackpool is beneath them all I can say is more fool them:kolobok_jester:

I've never been to ANY just doesn't do it for me but you don't have to feel sorry for me lol. I would rather spend my money at Batley,Barrow,York and a few other away games. Glad you enjoy it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I've never been to ANY just doesn't do it for me but you don't have to feel sorry for me lol. I would rather spend my money at Batley,Barrow,York and a few other away games. Glad you enjoy it.

I don't feel sorry for people whose chose not to go F I've a mate who loves Blackpool but has never been to the Bash just feel sorry for those who come on the forums and slag Blackpool off and use that as their reason for not goingย 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Donโ€™t have any problems with Blackpool but I wonโ€™t be going as I see it as a completely pointless round of fixtures making for an unbalanced league

Unbalanced , yes totally agree but it's about enjoying RL with your mates and fan's of opposing clubs all having a great weekend.๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Donโ€™t have any problems with Blackpool but I wonโ€™t be going as I see it as a completely pointless round of fixtures making for an unbalanced league

You sound just like my mate D and I claim my ยฃ5ย 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, POR said:

I don't feel sorry for people whose chose not to go F I've a mate who loves Blackpool but has never been to the Bash just feel sorry for those who come on the forums and slag Blackpool off and use that as their reason for not goingย 

It's OK Blackpool,far better then Headingley,butย  the whole concept doesn't interest me.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

ย 

Not sure how I feel about this. It's great for the club to be seen as being at the standard necessary to host such an event. And 'home' advantage should give us an edge. But it's not located well from the point of view of fans being able to enjoy their day and then walk to the match. Maybe an opportunity to deliver some kind of food, drink and entertainment festival on the open walkway outside the stadium? Something has to happen to make it a little special otherwise it's just another match.

All in all....I'd rather be in Blackpool.

Edited by JonT
  • Like 4

On 28/10/2022 at 00:15, JonT said:

Never seen York win in Blackpool but we'll give it another go this year. Blackpool, beer, rugby, pleasure beach....sounds like fun to me ๐Ÿ™‚

Still not going to see York win at Blackpool.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, JonT said:

Not sure how I feel about this. It's great for the club to be seen as being at the standard necessary to host such an event. And 'home' advantage should give us an edge. But it's not located well from the point of view of fans being able to enjoy their day and then walk to the match. Maybe an opportunity to deliver something kind of food, drink and entertainment festival on the open walkway outside the stadium? Something has to happen to make it a little special otherwise it's just another match.

All in all....I'd rather be in Blackpool.

Got to agree with you, but it's great for the club, wonder of it move from ground to ground each year, wonder if the R.L. have been impressed by the set up at the stadium with the double headers in the women's world Cup.

Edited by spanishknight

Just now, Gav Wilson said:

Well I think it's great!ย 

I think my feeling is.....with adequate stuff going on around the periphery it could be absolutely brilliant. it's gonna need some vision though. Time you offered your creative services again Gav!

• Like 1

Just now, JonT said:

I think my feeling is.....with adequate stuff going on around the periphery it could be absolutely brilliant. it's gonna need some vision though. Time you offered your creative services again Gav!

A beer & street food festival marquee in the 5 a side cages and Hull Fair on the field behind the West Stand? ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

• Like 4