Summer Bash.

spanishknight

9 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Only one or two, but unlike you we didn't have a donkey as our coach. lol.

A donkey may have been better for us S unfortunately BM was more like a grumpy old gorilla whose philosophy was my way or the highway😭

• Like 2

Gutted this ain’t in Blackpool always look forward to the weekend away in a neutral venue. Can see why not all York fans be happy that’s what it’s meant to be a weekend away.

wonder also the reason why it’s been moved from Blackpool I get it season just gone fixtures moved forward and Blackpool was playing at home that weekend but this year they shouldn’t have a fixture.

37 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Gutted this ain’t in Blackpool always look forward to the weekend away in a neutral venue. Can see why not all York fans be happy that’s what it’s meant to be a weekend away.

wonder also the reason why it’s been moved from Blackpool I get it season just gone fixtures moved forward and Blackpool was playing at home that weekend but this year they shouldn’t have a fixture.

Maybe maintenance to the pitch or ground.

1 hour ago, Bullmania said:

Blackpool fc doesn't want RL thats pretty obvious, York was second best choice, simple if unfair

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bullmania said:

The RFL stated: β€œThe Summer Bash was first played in 2015 at Bloomfield Road in Blackpool which remained the venue until 2019.

β€œIt has not been available in 2022, when the Bash was played at Headingley, or in 2023, hence the move to York.”

The reason why the Championship Summer Bash is being held at York rather than Blackpool as it moves away from Leeds Rhinos’ Headingley – TotalRL.com | Rugby League Express | Rugby League WorldΒ 

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

I’m sure once the dust settles people will enjoy the day/weekend here, I think it will be a success if the club (and council) plan it properly.

Some of the comments have been ridiculous though - I’ve read some people say it should’ve been taken to Fleetwood (2672 seats) or Morecambe (2173 seats). A lot seem to think the LNER is miles away from the city centre, it’s 2.5 miles away, not a bad walk with pubs along the way and there’s buses every 10 minutes. I even read one Castleford fan say there’s nothing for kids to do around the ground! There’s lots of parking, which I’m sure can be pre booked or plenty of free spaces in the local area. Yes, York isn’t cheap and it’s race weekend so rooms will be snapped up but there’s lots of accommodation in the wider area.Β 
Β 

What were the alternatives apart from scrapping it which wasn’t really going to happen - I’ve seen people suggest it being tied in with Magic weekend and played at Manchester City with the SL teams playing at the main ground and championship teams at the reserve/women’s ground (1.9 miles from Manchester centre) or the same setup at Newcastle with championship teams playing out of Kingston Park (about 5 miles from the centre).Β 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, AB Knight said:

What were the alternatives apart from scrapping it which wasn’t really going to happen - I’ve seen people suggest it being tied in with Magic weekend and played at Manchester City with the SL teams playing at the main ground and championship teams at the reserve/women’s ground (1.9 miles from Manchester centre) or the same setup at Newcastle with championship teams playing out of Kingston Park (about 5 miles from the centre).Β 

20 minutes on the Metro

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

20 minutes on the Metro

If we're measuring the distance of a ground from the city centre by time taken to travel, then the LNER is only about 2 minutes by helicopter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |Β Leaflets |Β Cards |Β Banners & FlagsΒ |Β Letterheads |Β Tickets |Β Magazines |Β Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCΒ & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

40 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

If we're measuring the distance of a ground from the city centre by time taken to travel, then the LNER is only about 2 minutes by helicopter.

I understand you wanting to big up your ground's connection to York city centre but a Metro system with trains capable of seating 100+ people plus 500 standing beats a park and ride shuttle bus any day of the week.

Having said that, your kind offer of a helicopter service for the Bash is noted and appreciated πŸ˜‰

Edited by Dave W
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fax Machine said:

Don't know what the general feeling is amongst Championship fans but so far the feedback in Halifax seems to be split between just going to the Fax v Batley game or giving it a miss all together.

If you support your team you will be there, too many fans look for an excuse not to go to games.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Fax Machine said:

Don't know what the general feeling is amongst Championship fans but so far the feedback in Halifax seems to be split between just going to the Fax v Batley game or giving it a miss all together.

If all they do is put some games on and hope people come, then I don't expect it'll be any sort of success. If they put on a proper RL festival with other entertainment & facilities that makes it worth attending, then it could be great.

• Like 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |Β Leaflets |Β Cards |Β Banners & FlagsΒ |Β Letterheads |Β Tickets |Β Magazines |Β Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCΒ & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

If you support your team you will be there, too many fans look for an excuse not to go to games.

Not with you on this one John. I support my team but won’t be going. I can’t complain but still support it

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

42 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Not with you on this one John. I support my team but won’t be going. I can’t complain but still support it

Never been to bash and been going all over the country supporting Featherstone for 51 years but might go to York.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Never been to bash and been going all over the country supporting Featherstone for 51 years but might go to York.

I hope you do go, despite me living 25 miles from the stadium I will attend both days , great occasion seeing all the fan's enjoying it together.Β 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

I hope you do go, despite me living 25 miles from the stadium I will attend both days , great occasion seeing all the fan's enjoying it together.Β 

We're 37.5 miles away but doesn't seem like it we go that often to York.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AB Knight said:

I’m sure once the dust settles people will enjoy the day/weekend here, I think it will be a success if the club (and council) plan it properly.

Some of the comments have been ridiculous though - I’ve read some people say it should’ve been taken to Fleetwood (2672 seats) or Morecambe (2173 seats). A lot seem to think the LNER is miles away from the city centre, it’s 2.5 miles away, not a bad walk with pubs along the way and there’s buses every 10 minutes. I even read one Castleford fan say there’s nothing for kids to do around the ground! There’s lots of parking, which I’m sure can be pre booked or plenty of free spaces in the local area. Yes, York isn’t cheap and it’s race weekend so rooms will be snapped up but there’s lots of accommodation in the wider area.Β 
Β 

Are you suggesting that the York club are running the Bash and not the RFL? Surely the RFL have rented the ground from the council/stadium Co for the weekend?

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Like 2