1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points
    • Cook Islands by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/11/22 at 20:00

Look at that last try from Australia.  The play the ball was literally in the middle of the pitch - played in the middle of the sticks 10 metres out.

Two passes - on from dummy half and one from the half back and it is a try in the corner.  That is outstanding passing execution. 

I don't hate the women's team as much as the men (yet) so I can appreciate the skills.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

FWIW, I think the Aussie women are a fantastic side, almost regardless of the fact they are women. A really good RL side. 

This may not be the A Team. The coach said the entire squad will get a run in the first 2 games.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Only turned on 10 minutes ago but on first impressions it's difficult to see which Aussies are forwards and which are backs (and not just because of the stupid numbering system they've allocated players!). Whilst the C.I have a few "chubbers" (the #3 is built like Pauli Pauli!) the Aussies are honed athletes. Add in the massive disparity in structure, skill levels etc and it's a huge mismatch.

Are any of the Aussie ladies full-time pros? (I feel embarrassed for asking!)

The number 3 played well in a side that conceded over 70.

She was very powerful. Nearly scored at the end too.

4 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

This may not be the A Team. The coach said the entire squad will get a run in the first 2 games.

There are definitely a few to come in.  Tallisha Harden and Emma Tonegato are quality while Jessica Sergis could be described as one of the best players in the world.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Niels said:

The number 3 played well in a side that conceded over 70.

She was very powerful. Nearly scored at the end too.

She did have a good game, however, I do think a few of the CI players could do with a bit of conditioning (as a few of the male WC players could've done). But that's understandable when it's not a full-time sport.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dunbar said:

For anyone who hasn't seen any of the Australian women's game in the last couple of years, in particular the NRLW, there two points.

Two, we will see how much the English women are up against it.  But we have good players and I will support them all the way.

I`m a little more cautiously optimistic for England after tonight. Kiwi Ferns and Jillaroos didn`t look quite as slick and sharp as they do in the middle of the NRLW season. Noticeable though how quickly they improved as their respective games went on.

And I can remember Kangaroo tours where they looked a bit off the pace in the early games then got better and better.

5 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

She did have a good game, however, I do think a few of the CI players could do with a bit of conditioning (as a few of the male WC players could've done). But that's understandable when it's not a full-time sport.

Only a couple of them have any NRL-level experience. It is possible that some of this RWC squad will have shown enough promise to interest club scouts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

I think all the coaches have said or hinted that the 4-day turnarounds will force plenty of rotation. And they`ll probably want to give everyone a game.

If things pan out as expected and Oz beat NZ next Thursday, England`s game against PNG the night before will be must-win if they want to avoid the Jillaroos in the semi.

So, the middle game v Canada is the one where Craig Richards should play his weaker line-up.

All of this based on the opening round and subject to change. Terms and conditions apply.