NZ Warriors Rebranding

Eddie

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Now the One NZ Warriors as Vodafone in New Zealand is called One NZ. Woeful stuff, makes the Leigh Leopards rebranding look good. 

Bit pointless being called the Vodafone Warriors if Vodafone doesn't exist as a brand in NZ any more.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Bit pointless being called the Vodafone Warriors if Vodafone doesn't exist as a brand in NZ any more.

To be Honest I don’t think I’ve ever heard the warriors being called “the Vodafone warriors” by anyone.

Its always been the NZ warriors or just the warriors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Should be the Auckland or New Zealand Warriors though, having a sponsor rather than location as your name is shameful. How about the Venari Giants, CBR Tigers and Altropa FC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tosh said:

To be Honest I don’t think I’ve ever heard the warriors being called “the Vodafone warriors” by anyone.

Its always been the NZ warriors or just the warriors.

They call themselves that. It's how they get the money to keep going.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

having a sponsor rather than location as your name is shameful

They've been calling themselves the Vodafone Warriors for years.

Did you just not notice?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Why do you think more teams don’t name themselves after their sponsors out if interest? 

Probably because the value of the sponsorship isn't worth it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

They call themselves that. It's how they get the money to keep going.

Fair enough and I can totally understand that.

The fact that nobody else calls them that or did call them that doesn’t bother me in the slightest. In fact I’m more bothered that they aren’t known as the Auckland warriors these days.

• Like 2

They've been calling themselves the Vodafone Warriors for years.

Did you just not notice?

Of course I did, it’s why I don’t buy any of their merch as it has Vodafone plastered all over the badge. 

Probably because the value of the sponsorship isn't worth it.

Companies would pay a lot of teams in a lot of sports a lot more money than Vodafone do to rename their club after them, but frankly hardly any clubs would allow it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Companies would pay a lot of teams in a lot of sports a lot more money than Vodafone do to rename their club after them, but frankly hardly any clubs would allow it. 

RB Leipzig and the whole bunch of those teams don’t exist in your world?

RB Leipzig and the whole bunch of those teams don’t exist in your world?

They’re owned by Red Bull, and all the other Bundesliga fans hate them for being corporate whores. 

Would you be fine with Workington being renamed Myers and Bowman Town? (serious question). 

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

They’re owned by Red Bull, and all the other Bundesliga fans hate them for being corporate whores. 

Would you be fine with Workington being renamed Myers and Bowman Town? (serious question). 

I would be 😂😂

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Now the One NZ Warriors as Vodafone in New Zealand is called One NZ. Woeful stuff, makes the Leigh Leopards rebranding look good. 

So your all upset because for corporate purposes a team changes from the Vodafone Warriors to the One NZ Warriors,why ?

Everyone still calls them the NZ Warriors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I can recall Manly occasionally being referred to as the Pepsi Sea Eagles back in the 90’s.

The Cell C Sharks and DHL Stormers currently play in the United Rugby [Union] Championship.

It's an absolute doddle finding teams that have the sponsor in their official name.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I can recall Manly occasionally being referred to as the Pepsi Sea Eagles back in the 90’s.

By who?

funnily enough out of all the sponsors manly have had over the years Pepsi is the only 1 I can remember.