1973 50th Anniversary May 2023

Wakefield Ram

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Does anyone know if there are any plans to celebrate the greatest day in the club's history? More than happy to help out.

I’d like to think the club would try and put something together and celebrate as you say the best day in the history of Dewsbury RLFC. I’ll see if we can find out.

• Like 3

I'd imagine that they'll be waiting until the fixtures come out and then look to plan something on the nearest date...... at least I'd hope there'll be something....... Or, suggestion, a pre-season friendly vs LEEDS to mark the occasion ??

As per Wakefield Ram, I'd be more than happy to help organise something.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Therein73 said:

I'd imagine that they'll be waiting until the fixtures come out and then look to plan something on the nearest date...... at least I'd hope there'll be something....... Or, suggestion, a pre-season friendly vs LEEDS to mark the occasion ??

As per Wakefield Ram, I'd be more than happy to help organise something.

As long as they agree to their stand-off being sent off.

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

For the 40th Anniversary I did a leaflet for a historic RL walk around the town which was available free in the West Riding pub - happy to re-issue it next year!

Seem to remember the West Riding pub did a special 1973 beer

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 08/11/2022 at 19:08, Reverend Ram said:

For the 40th Anniversary I did a leaflet for a historic RL walk around the town which was available free in the West Riding pub - happy to re-issue it next year!

Have re-issued an updated version and is available at the bar in the WR from today for those interested though if it sells out (likely as it is free!) it won’t be replenished till the week after the historic date because I am away and missing the Donny and Oldham games 😱

• Like 4

On 12/05/2023 at 19:32, Reverend Ram said:

Have re-issued an updated version and is available at the bar in the WR from today for those interested though if it sells out (likely as it is free!) it won’t be replenished till the week after the historic date because I am away and missing the Donny and Oldham games 😱

Many thanks for this. Any chance you could scan a copy and put it on the forum? 

On 19/05/2023 at 11:23, Wakefield Ram said:

Many thanks for this. Any chance you could scan a copy and put it on the forum? 

Sorry WR but I am a total Luddite and wouldn’t know where to begin! That’s why I do hard copies…..

• Like 1