1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Canada by 1 to 6 points
    • Canada by 7 to 12 points
    • Canada by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/22 at 12:30

3 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Scrappy now.

Will we do the traditional England/GB thing of being competitive against Australia for 60-70 mins but not able to do 80 mins at that intensity?

Well, the Aussies don't play 80 minute matches in WNRL, so maybe it'll even out.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I don't see it as sacrificial. If you finish 4th in a powerful group you likely get knocked out a week earlier than you might otherwise have. But you get 3 big games. Having (likely) taken your medicine, you probably shouldn't be in the top group(s) at the next RLWC. 

This women's event would have been better if today was ENG-NZL and CAN-CKI. Two good match ups.

I see it as the complete opposite. 

There are three teams in this competition that are clearly well ahead of the rest... England, Australia and New Zealand.

Put them in a group of 4 with one other team and that team loses 3 matches.  You may see that as a chance to play 3 big games, I see it as a chance to destroy their chances of any success at a World Cup.

Above all else, sport should be fair.  Placing a team in a group just so the other 3 can get to the semi finals is just unfair.  And I don't want it to be unfair for anyone just so we can be entertained more.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, moorside roughyed said:

Good game by the the girls today. Did what they had to do. Hopefully they'll improve as they go. Well done girls.

We started against the complete rookies of Brazil, then went up a level against a more experienced side in Canada. The next hurdle is avenging the defeat against the Orchids. The difficulty's ramping up, and that's probably ideal for England.

• Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’d fancy us to win it, at home. The Aussies may be a different matter, I fear. Shades of 1982.

I thought the 2017 Cup was our '1982' moment where the standards between the two was exposed.

Since then, we have improved but so have they... late 80's and 90's feel to the two.  We have good players who can step up but they play every week at a higher standard.

But England are playing well and I hope we see that with a good win over PNG.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

We’ll done to the girls. First time I’ve seen a lot of them play and was impressed with a lot. Obvious test is against the Aussies.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

England have a good team but just lack size up front and against the better opposition that will be their downfall.

Whitfield & Hornby are both big enough but make more impact off the bench.

Field should come back in and I’d expect Liv Wood too.

• Like 2

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

I don't see this England side winning the trophy. NZ and Australia players are benefitting from being involved in NRLW, a superior comp. Plus England's group has been too easy and that isn't the best prep. Happy to be proved wrong.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

The 41 year old captain of Canada managed her game well.Filling in gaps and letting the younger players make yards.She does have a good pair of hands and passes well.Highlight for me was when England  full back Tara Jane Stanley tried her usual step inside off her left foot and was almost taken off her feet because the old head read it right.Enjoying the games impressed by the tackling but some of the handling needs work.