1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 7 to 12 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/22 at 15:00

10 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Thats because they can't find anything else to moan at. Over 23,000 in the crowd and nearly 2 million watching on the main national TV channel as well as a good few watching on line don't give a damn. Just a few professional moaners on here.

You're wrong about that.  You can be sure that RU, soccer and other major sports would never be treated so poorly.  RL officials on the other hand just doff their caps deferentially to their social superiors and accept such shabby treatment and that's one of the game's many problems.

Edited by Big Picture
  • Haha 2

Dominant 30 minutes. An absolute landslide against a shell-shocked Kumuls who must have been frozen through from the ceremony pre-game and were coming off a short lead-in to the game.

They warmed slightly into the game after 30-35 minutes but it was an incredibly dispiriting and disappointing contest, from a neutral's perspective.

Burgess, Radley and Hill were really good. Radley adds immensely to England's clinical thrust and incisiveness.

I liked how Makinson spoke about Offiah and Sullivan after the game.

Hurting for PNG. Obviously everything was against them today, but they were caught cold. I thought the Kumuls had a real shot of getting to England today.

Congrats to England. Plenty of positives for them.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, moorside roughyed said:

I hope he doesn't miss out, Chris Hill is great.

He had a season or so when I thought his form was on the slide, but he's pulled everything back together. As good as he's ever been.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Credit to Moore for getting that Martin/Knowles decision right at the end there. Although we have all got used to the game being refereed in a certain way, if you look at the wording of the laws there is actually nothing that says you aren't entitled to tackle a Saints player.

Another disappointing non-contest although if the PNG of the second half had turned up in the first it would have been good fun for a bit. 

England's intensity in the first half was impressive. Williams and Tomkins ran the show, while Welsby mostly gesticulated and laughed in people's faces. Burgess and Hill were a formidable opening partnership up front and McMeeken made an impact out wide off the bench.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

11 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Dominant 30 minutes. An absolute landslide against a shell-shocked Kumuls who must have been frozen through from the ceremony pre-game and were coming off a short lead-in to the game.

They warmed slightly into the game after 30-35 minutes but it was an incredibly dispiriting and disappointing contest, from a neutral's perspective.

Burgess, Radley and Hill were really good. Radley adds immensely to England's clinical thrust and incisiveness.

Hurting for PNG. Obviously everything was against them today, but they were caught cold. I thought the Kumuls had a real shot of getting to England today.

Congrats England they seem to be hitting a purple patch at the right time. Yet another blow out though, which is so demoralising for us neutrals. Its nobody's fault, just the way it is. 

• Like 1

Brilliant for the first 30 minutes, then a bit off the boil undertstandably as with the game won as a player you do not want to risk getting an injury befdore the semi-final. It was a question of killing off the last 50 minutes.

The look on the PNG fans face when the cameras panned on him afer 20 minutes said it all. Great win the circumstances.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

27 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Were PNG made to stand there for longer than England? 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

He's fantastic. As you said,he may have been on the slide but Chris Hill is back.

I just think being captain really affected his game. Even before he left Warrington he played much better after the captaincy was given to Hughes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tjhrads93 said:

I just think being captain really affected his game. Even before he left Warrington he played much better after the captaincy was given to Hughes.

Some players prefer just to play without the hassle of being a captain. I don't blame him.

• Like 2