1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 7 to 12 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/22 at 15:00

Just now, Dave T said:

I thought the band were a great addition. 

On the actual game, I haven't watched it back, but how long was it that PNG didn't touch the ball for? 

I ain't watched it back either but watching it live it felt like England were scoring on every set after them scoring a try. PNG just couldn't get the ball back or keep England out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I thought the band were a great addition. 

On the actual game, I haven't watched it back, but how long was it that PNG didn't touch the ball for? 

They made a decent atmosphere at Brammal lane when we were there 

I like them 

PNG didn't have a PTB in our half first half hour I think 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I just wish more people on this forum would listen to me 

The world would be a better place if I were king 🤣

Becoming King just because you got a Rugby League prediction right!

Come on, don't be so absurd.

You don't have to do that much.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Shaun Wane is trending on twitter currently. Just below Slick Rick, so he's in good company.

Also trending is Princess of Wales, Papua New Guinea and Tommy Makinson.

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 2

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

Shaun Wane is trending on twitter currently. Just below Slick Rick, so he's in good company.

Who, what or where is a Slick Rick?

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, The Legend said:

Fair play to you. Bloody expensive day out is that. You should have nipped into to Lidl and bought a pack of 4 Pork pies each at the cost of about £1.50 They'd have tasted better than those burgers for the price alone. 

I know that’s what we said , we was discussing going to the final ( if we get there) but it is expensive, people who go with families are talking a few hundred quid . You can see why people go to the pub or have friends round to the house as it would be significantly cheaper. I suppose I wanted to experience it live as just a general life experience, been to some big test games in the past at Elland Rd and the John smiths stadium. I feel like sports ( not just rugby league) are pricing out the working class people and that might be the atmosphere isn’t what it used to be ( it could also be that the game wasn’t close and tense or that I’m getting older ) I usually go with the mrs ‘ to the club games ( Halifax fan ) I suppose for a once in a few years event it’s ok but I certainly wouldn’t be open to paying them prices on a regular basis.

10 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Who, what or where is a Slick Rick?

The grand wizard emcee Ricky D?!.. 

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Confused 3

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

14 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I don’t really know what that means but it sounds positive 

Unsurprisingly England were just too big, strong and talented. 

The difference between Hill/Burgess/Radley and Lees/Cooper/Knowles was night and day, saved us from another match of the dominant team vs the clock.

1 hour ago, The Legend said:

Defensively, Lees is very good, he gets off the line and bashes his opponent. He's not got the same quality needed when driving the ball in and punching some holes in the oppositions defence. He's a bit lightweight in that area. Such a shame we lost Walmsley to bring on to replace Burgess when he goes for a rest. 

This back division is really playing with confidence when they're given the platform to when layed on by Burgess and Hill. 

I think the big teams will focus on stopping Burgess and Hill's impact as the way to stop England. Easier said than done. 

I think over the first 4 games, Burgess is the top performer for England 

• Like 2

I watched the game about an hour late on iplayer without knowing the score.  After about 15 minutes I started fast-forwarding a bit as it became another very uncompetitive match.  I've got to say that I was very disappointed - I wanted England to win, but in a close and compeititive match with plenty of promise for PNG's future. Unfortunately, I feel a bit down about the lack of progress in countries outside the "big 3", also being very disappointed about France's efforts.  Personallly I would be much more excited seeing progress in PNG and France towards being potential tournament winners than in the small island nations, as PNG and France have decent populations sizes and proper domestic teams, not relying on nearly pure heritage teams.  It's been very good to see generally pleasing viewing figures for the tournament in comparison to past tournaments, but I cant help feeling a bit flat after another one-sided capitulation by what should be a nation working towards challenging the best.

Edited by Hello
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hello said:

I watched the game about an hour late on iplayer without knowing the score.  After about 15 minutes I started fast-forwarding a bit as it became another very uncompetitive match.  I've got to say that I was very disappointed - I wanted England to win, but in a close and compeititive match with plenty of promise for PNG's future. Unfortunately, I feel a bit down about the lack of progress in countries outside the "big 3", also being very disappointed about France's efforts.  Personallly I would be much more excited seeing progress in PNG and France towards being potential tournament winners than the small island nations as PNG and France have decent populations sizes and proper domestic teams, not relying on nearly pure heritage teams.  It's been very good to see generally pleasing viewing figures for the tournament in comparison to past tournaments, but I cant help feeling a bit flat after another one-sided capitulation by what should be a promising nation to challenge.

Wait until you watch tonight's other game on now.

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The Princess of Wales' presence has got the World Cup into Hello! magazine - and I'm suggesting their readership wouldn't normally read stories about RL.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/20221105156157/kate-middleton-princess-of-wales-supports-england-rugby-league-world-cup-quarter-final-best-photos/ 

“Kate enjoyed a giggle with England’s prop Sam Tomkins”. 
A very versatile player our Sam.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hello said:

I watched the game about an hour late on iplayer without knowing the score.  After about 15 minutes I started fast-forwarding a bit as it became another very uncompetitive match.  I've got to say that I was very disappointed - I wanted England to win, but in a close and compeititive match with plenty of promise for PNG's future. Unfortunately, I feel a bit down about the lack of progress in countries outside the "big 3", also being very disappointed about France's efforts.  Personallly I would be much more excited seeing progress in PNG and France towards being potential tournament winners than in the small island nations, as PNG and France have decent populations sizes and proper domestic teams, not relying on nearly pure heritage teams.  It's been very good to see generally pleasing viewing figures for the tournament in comparison to past tournaments, but I cant help feeling a bit flat after another one-sided capitulation by what should be a nation working towards challenging the best.

England were excellent first 35mins. In second half png improved but England's tackling was excellent.

I just think England just had a nearly perfect first 30mins or so.

• Like 1

Excellent first half by England. I wasn't sure what to expect from PNG, but England were clinical early on and didn't give them anything. I dozed off in my chair for a while in the second half, so I didn't really get to see why we stopped scoring. Job was already done anyway. Hoping for Tonga in the semi-final, as I'd rather play someone different than the same team twice.

3 hours ago, Damien said:

I ain't watched it back either but watching it live it felt like England were scoring on every set after them scoring a try. PNG just couldn't get the ball back or keep England out.

1. The band made for a really good atmosphere, even when the crowd was lighter for the women's game - which I enjoyed watching. Yes, my son turned to me and said 'dad, have they touched the ball yet?' - seemed after 25 to 30 mins that England had only made a dozen or so tackles - second half more even.