1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 7 to 12 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/11/22 at 15:00

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Makinson is world class . The Aussies going on about him winning the Golden Boot and ignorantly saying they’d never heard of him was embarrassing 

I know.  I have never understood how Rugby League people saying they don't know a player is meant to be anything other than demonstrating your own ignorance. 

• Like 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

No, I don't. This is just you mounting that same knackered old hobby-horse for the millionth time.

I get that seeing the game treated as the poor cousin of other sports which has to make do all the time isn't anything new for you, but no it's not just me, other members here have been commenting on how poor it is having another sport's markings visible in World Cup matches.

Just now, Dunbar said:

I know.  I have never understood how Rugby League people saying they don't know a player is meant to be anything other than demonstrating your own ignorance. 

Exactly. It doesn't make you look clever; it shines a harsh spotlight on your ignorance.

In related news, "I'm a Celebrity, get me out oh here" starts soon, prompting the annual cries of "Who's this then? Call that a celebrity? Never heard of them!" and "Search engines terrify me".

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On we go . Hopefully clean bill of health. Excellent 30 minutes to kill the game . Won by 40 and still areas we can get better and tighten up , which must be good . Getting exciting . We can win this thing 

• Like 2

Second half was underwhelming but it happens a lot when a team has run riot early doors and the game is won. PNG aren't whipping boys and were always going to have a better spell at some point. Job emphatically done, on to the semis.

• Like 1

Semi final here we come.

Samoa or Tonga, I will be confident because our defence is looking very very good.

• Like 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Probably a good thing we have some things to work on leading into next weekend.

don’t think such a drop off would happen if the game was still in the balance, but gives Wane some additional focus.

we are building and still don’t look to have peaked, which is essential if we want to win it. The next two weeks is when we play our best Rugby.

let’s hope Samoa and Tonga knock the you know what out of each other!

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 3

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, Big Picture said:

I get that seeing the game treated as the poor cousin of other sports which has to make do all the time isn't anything new for you, but no it's not just me, other members here have been commenting on how poor it is having another sport's markings visible in World Cup matches.

Thats because they can't find anything else to moan at. Over 23,000 in the crowd and nearly 2 million watching on the main national TV channel as well as a good few watching on line don't give a damn. Just a few professional moaners on here.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1