1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/22 at 20:15

15 hours ago, The_Gun said:

This will be my first live game of rugby since the 2013 semi-finals at Wembley and I'm very much looking forward to it.

Going with some mates who live in Leeds, but anyone got suggestions for best pubs around Elland Road?

The Peacock over the road should be lively 

Just sorted my tickets. Should be a belter, if NZ play to their upmost ability. I like the thought of us playing the Aussies in the final though, if we can do a job on Samoa, but I think there is scope for any of these 4 teams to make it to OT. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CiderWire said:

Just sorted my tickets. Should be a belter, if NZ play to their upmost ability. I like the thought of us playing the Aussies in the final though, if we can do a job on Samoa, but I think there is scope for any of these 4 teams to make it to OT. 

NZ always in with a chance of winning a one off against the Aussies. Failing that give them a really hard game. Unfortunately think Fiji may have taken a lot out of NZs tank, so suspect it will be an Australian win. Hope not though.

I seriously hope this is as full as the ticket site would suggest....

Long story short, can't make England semi, or final. Random message from mate "fancy going to that Aus-NZ game at Elland Rd?" As it happens, I could do that so....yeah I'll get us a couple of tickets. Cannot get 2 together unless it's the more expensive ones - and he's not *that* commited that he's going to spend £70 or more on a ticket. I've given up the ghost and hopefully it's because it is almost full. Seriously,bi would be happy to miss out under those circumstances. I'll wait for the game to see.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Long story short, can't make England semi, or final. Random message from mate "fancy going to that Aus-NZ game at Elland Rd?" As it happens, I could do that so....yeah I'll get us a couple of tickets. Cannot get 2 together unless it's the more expensive ones - and he's not *that* commited that he's going to spend £70 or more on a ticket. I've given up the ghost and hopefully it's because it is almost full. Seriously,bi would be happy to miss out under those circumstances. I'll wait for the game to see.....

Lets hope so because it would be infuriating if the ticket site is that poor it's not giving up tickets people want. I've just had a look for tickets and can't get any £30 tickets but it let you select a couple of £55 tickets in area N9. I must admit I was only tempted in by £30 tickets though and wouldn't pay £55, simply on the basis that I'm going down to London early Saturday and didn't fancy splashing out £55 and doing all the travelling on not much sleep but I could live with it for £30. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

33 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Lets hope so because it would be infuriating if the ticket site is that poor it's not giving up tickets people want. I've just had a look for tickets and can't get any £30 tickets but it let you select a couple of £55 tickets in area N9. I must admit I was only tempted in by £30 tickets though and wouldn't pay £55, simply on the basis that I'm going down to London early Saturday and didn't fancy splashing out £55 and doing all the travelling on not much sleep but I could live with it for £30. 

Yeah I've also been on trying to get some more tickets today and it essentially appears only single tickets available in most Cat D/E areas - i'm already in a Cat D area so i'll be able to see very clearly if it truly is only single seats left or if this is a ploy by the powers that be to push more people towards C/B priced areas. Started collating a few screenshots of tickets i've tried selecting and i'll be doing my best to take pics at the game of any areas where the two don't marry up. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The_Gun said:

When will squad lists be announced?

Probably too much to hope that Kris will be included over CNK, but it would be a much better option for NZ.

https://www.nrl.com/draw/rugby-league-world-cup/2022/semi-finals/game-1/#tab-team-lists

Ignore the actual positions/bench/reserves as that's just what NRL.com predict. You'd be right with your CNK prediction. 

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah I've also been on trying to get some more tickets today and it essentially appears only single tickets available in most Cat D/E areas - i'm already in a Cat D area so i'll be able to see very clearly if it truly is only single seats left or if this is a ploy by the powers that be to push more people towards C/B priced areas. Started collating a few screenshots of tickets i've tried selecting and i'll be doing my best to take pics at the game of any areas where the two don't marry up. 

As I say, if it's a case that I'm too late and it's practically full, then despite my personal moan, I'd be 'happy' to miss out for that reason. 

But if it's just because of misrepresentation,  that's an own goal IMO. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

As I say, if it's a case that I'm too late and it's practically full, then despite my personal moan, I'd be 'happy' to miss out for that reason. 

But if it's just because of misrepresentation,  that's an own goal IMO. 

I have read your post above, and can’t work out what you’ve decided to do.

Are you going to any games or not?

If not because of web site issues, why didn’t you pick up the phone? 

We won’t have a World Cup over here for another 11 years. 

Edited by Exiled Wiganer

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I have read your post above, and can’t work out what you’ve decided to do.

Are you going to any games or not?

If not because of web site issues, why didn’t you pick up the phone? 

We won’t have a World Cup over here for another 11 years. 

It was a request from a mate who is an occasional RL fan and big game attendee (GFs etc) about the chance of going to the match on Friday. It's sort of last minute and he's both a bit of a technophobe and a tight git ( as am I truth be told) and was hoping to see if there were any tickets knocking about in the £30 ish range. I had a shufty and couldn't be arsed with the process in the end. 

I'll be honest, the idea of using the phone hadn't even crossed my mind 😆😆

7 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

https://www.nrl.com/draw/rugby-league-world-cup/2022/semi-finals/game-1/#tab-team-lists

Ignore the actual positions/bench/reserves as that's just what NRL.com predict. You'd be right with your CNK prediction. 

They have Reagan Campbell-Gillard as a reserve as well when I am sure he will be on the bench.  No doubt ahead of Cherry-Evans.  You don't need Cherry-Evans on the bench when you have Hunt and Cleary in the 17 who can both play 7 and Grant on the bench.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

35 minutes ago, Dirkgee said:

JWH has a hamstring injury and won't play. Leota will replace him. Pretty big blow to the Kiwis

Makes them stronger in my eyes.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Interesting statistic about the Kangaroos in this match - If Reuben Cotter makes the final 17 (assuming Mitchell, Addo-Carr and Wighton are locked in) then 4/17 (24%) of the Kangaroos will be Indigenous Australians, for reference Indigenous Australians make up 3.8% of Australia's total population.

To put some further perspective on this, there have only been 14 Indigenous Australian Wallabies in their entire history and 4 of those converted to RU when they were fully professional RL players, a few more of those 14 were similarly poached while playing for junior RL representative sides.

12 of the Kiwis 19 man squad are Maori (63%) with Maori individuals making up 16.5% New Zealands population.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

It was a request from a mate who is an occasional RL fan and big game attendee (GFs etc) about the chance of going to the match on Friday. It's sort of last minute and he's both a bit of a technophobe and a tight git ( as am I truth be told) and was hoping to see if there were any tickets knocking about in the £30 ish range. I had a shufty and couldn't be arsed with the process in the end. 

I'll be honest, the idea of using the phone hadn't even crossed my mind 😆😆

I was looking for tickets for the wheelchair final with little success but I emailed them, there is a link on the website and they got back to me straightaway and were able to help. 

Email address is 

RLWC2021@ticketmaster.co.uk 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, UTK said:

Interesting statistic about the Kangaroos in this match - If Reuben Cotter makes the final 17 (assuming Mitchell, Addo-Carr and Wighton are locked in) then 4/17 (24%) of the Kangaroos will be Indigenous Australians, for reference Indigenous Australians make up 3.8% of Australia's total population.

To put some further perspective on this, there have only been 14 Indigenous Australian Wallabies in their entire history and 4 of those converted to RU when they were fully professional RL players, a few more of those 14 were similarly poached while playing for junior RL representative sides.

Shows how posh the Wallabies are, no wonder most of them end up in hedge funds or banks when they finish playing. Only recruit out of the top private schools.

Then Rugby Australia wonders why Union is falling off a cliff compared to League

• Like 1

This will be interesting because this Kangaroo side is pretty poor relatively to the sides of previous era's but also the Kiwi side looks poor. Going life and death with Fiji is a little telling.

But historically NZ do seem to play at the level of thier opposition. 

• Like 1