1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/22 at 20:15

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

Despite Australia not being the best Australian team we’ve seen, they are going to be very hard to beat in the final.

This exactly . Very impressed with them tonight , that second half was something special

3 minutes ago, Derwent said:

I hope the Kiwis kick up a real fuss, beaten by a try that should never have been given by the incompetent Kendall.

They were beaten because they had poor end of set plays in the 2nd half & couldn’t quite match the Australian intensity down the stretch.

• Like 1

Australia are so disciplined, no offsides or any messing at the play the ball all match.  

Unlike the Kiwis.  

• Haha 6

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Aussies try’s all had a bit of strange fortune about them,

Freaky kick for JAC and the defender lost where he was    
VHs try was another where 3 defenders slipped off the ball carrier allowing a freaky offload and pick up    
last try was just rank defending on the kiwi line

A bit of brilliance mixed into the first 2, we’ve seen the Roos do that for 40 years and win games off the back of it but there’s a huge element of luck in it as well

6 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Both teams absolutely brilliant in a game that shouldn't have had a loser. All I can say is whoever wins the other semi final tomorrow will have to bring there "A" game big time. What a game. The best I've seen in quite some time. Wow.

Even better than the Roughyeds beating Hunslet in the playoffs last season? Steady on, lad.

Just now, DavidM said:

Aussie intensity as that game progressed , their fitness level , and the  clinical nature of their play were outstanding 

I think the Aussies blew up as well but they did it 15 minutes after NZ which was the difference

End of the day, KIwis did not have a cutting edge or the bounce of the ball and that was it. Ultimately it is indeed a game of inches and fine margins.

Kangaroos well and truly rattled this game.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

This isn't the Lockyer/Smith/Thurston Australia team. 

They were beatable in 2017, they're more beatable now.

I remember the Lockyer/Smith/Thurston side. And the people who said they weren't a patch on whatever previous side Australia picked. And the people who said that previous side wasn't a patch on the one before that. And the people... etc.

If Rugby League ever dies in the UK, they'll either carve "this is the most beatable Kangaroos squad ever" or "our pack will smash 'em" on the headstone.

• Like 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Davo5 said:

They were beaten because they had poor end of set plays in the 2nd half & couldn’t quite match the Australian intensity down the stretch.

The fact remains that had that “try” been disallowed as it should have been then the Kiwis would have won. Regardless of what you say they’d have been ahead on the scoreboard.

• Haha 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally