1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/22 at 20:15

Just now, Padge said:

If your ball playing arm or the ball is on the floor and a player puts a hand on you, then, you are tackled. The ball playing arm was on the floor and his opponent had a hand on his head.

Its a basic law of the game and was shown to be true in the clip shown following Kendalls rash decision to only take one view.

That’s the thing that puzzled me, Kendall watched it once from a bad angle and did the “I’ve watched all available angles” bit. Just as he finished saying that they showed 2 other angles which, as you say, clearly showed Manu’s hand on Wighton when his arm was on the floor. So obviously he did not view all available angles.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

8 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

what are you on about? The player wasn’t tackled, are you blind? Why would the kiwis kick up a stink? They know it was ok, they play to the same standards week in week out 

I suggest you go and learn the laws of the game.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

4 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

because it makes sense to have an NRL ref, if you want the best spectacle accept it, if you want an English ref every fecker will be confused & it turns to poop & everyone is more disappointed 

Every player on the field knows Klein, he knows them, they know how he refs, the standards etc & Klein knows how they play, the kiwis were happy enough to have an NRL ref to save confusion 

This is international rugby league not NRL.

• Like 1

The refs may or may not have made one or more mistakes. That's not my point. It's the ritual conditioned reflex that afflicts some posters that needs attention.

I missed the first half as I listening on the radio as I was travelling from St Leonard's to Theobald's park at as high a speed as allowed  to get to watch the second half. On the radio or TV ,I did not detect any meaningful criticism of the ref. Given that the commentators and pundits were there at the game, and that they were all highly experienced and successful players, I relied on their opinion.

3 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

I've missed the Kendall thing. Which try are folks complaining about?

Echoing Archie here. When I watch games, I now avoid the match thread on here because it distracts me from what's happening in the actual game.  (I'm too lazy to read back through this thread to find out.)

I thought some marginal decisions may have gone against the team I was "supporting" in this case. But, on a very quick reflection, I put it down to my personal bias, not biased refereeing.

I thought the NZ offside No Try after HT was OK. I only saw it once but I thought it was a bit questionable how it was chalked off.

Awesome game. One of the best I've ever seen in my 22 years following the sport.

I was really hoping for the Kiwis but it's impossible not to have (begrudging) awe and respect for the class of the Kangaroos.

• Like 3

Sat in the queue to get out of the carpark. What a god awful place to get to on a Friday night. Missed the first 15mins due to everyroad being closed diverted or covered in cones. Loads of people queueing to get into carparks after KO. Bad choice to hold at elland road on a Friday.

Just now, Jinking Jimmy said:

This is international rugby league not NRL.

Its also entertainment, you all constantly bemoan the lack of exposure

tonight's game flowed beautifully, I was pleasantly surprised by Klein actually because he usually blows the pea out of the whistle 

You would not have got that with a referee that isn’t used to that high intensity, and you’d want to hope that who ever refs your game lets it flow too because that’s the best chance you have of beating Samoa, wearing them down, the Polynesians are built for explosive power not endurance 

• Like 1

Just now, StandOffHalf said:

I thought the NZ offside No Try after HT was OK. I only saw it once but I thought it was a bit questionable how it was chalked off.

His right foot was about a boot length in front of the kicker. Far closer than the video ref thought since he looked once… 

8 minutes ago, Derwent said:

The game finished 14-12. Should have been 10-12. But if you’re ok with that standard of VR then I find that strange.

Must have missed both teams getting deducted 2 points,yes it was a harsh call on NZ but they had 60 mins of the game to go & they soon recovered to lead at the break so I find it strange you blame that 1 incident rather than their 2nd half performance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, N2022 said:

It's not that you don't want you here. Original post may have been tongue in cheek or something else but I feel there is a genuine feeling that the game's reputation isn't necessarily helped by one team being so dominant over the decades. 

This, I’m not blaming Australia, but it just makes it all very predictable.

2 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

His right foot was about a boot length in front of the kicker. Far closer than the video ref thought since he looked once… 

He was half a stride offside - quite clear and was probably called by the TJ as well because Klein called No Try when he went up to the video.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

FhUHLB9XoAMObHb?format=jpg&name=small

you’re misinterpreting the rules, he was still in motion, are you suggesting that if a player makes a break, is ankle tapped & a player comes over the top brushes his body as the arm is on the ground, it’s complete? There’s no semblance whatsoever of a completed tackle, the attacking players momentum has to be completely stopped with a hand on him & the ball on the ground 

Edited by RippinandTearin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RippinandTearin said:

Its also entertainment, you all constantly bemoan the lack of exposure

tonight's game flowed beautifully, I was pleasantly surprised by Klein actually because he usually blows the pea out of the whistle 

You would not have got that with a referee that isn’t used to that high intensity, and you’d want to hope that who ever refs your game lets it flow too because that’s the best chance you have of beating Samoa, wearing them down, the Polynesians are built for explosive power not endurance 

The best chance we have of beating them? You know we put 60 points on them just a few weeks back right? 

Just now, RippinandTearin said:

you’re misinterpreting the rules, he was still in motion, are you suggesting that if a player makes a break, is ankle tapped & a player comes over the top brushes his body as the arm is on the ground, it’s comp,eye? There’s no semblance whatsoever of a completed tackle, the attacking players momentum has to be completely stopped with a hand on him & the ball on the ground 

Nonsense. He was stopped by a great tackle, his arm was on the ground and the tackle was complete.

Get some perspective. You won and you still can't accept the luck.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Padge said:

I have been ignoring you but, you do not know the laws of the game, go away learn and come back when you can explain how a hand on a player who's ball playing arm is on the floor isn't tackled.

I'll be waiting a long time.

image.png.7ee664aff7ff1a2aa6a988e1ae92fee9.png

For (a) - he wasn't held by the Kiwi - he had let go. For (d) - the Kiwi wasn't grounded.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"