1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 1 to 6 points
    • New Zealand by 7 to 12 points
    • New Zealand by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/22 at 20:15

10 hours ago, RippinandTearin said:

Be comforted in the fact that many, many, many people have been saying those words with regards to confidence for over 50 years 👍🏼

Well we will see won't we. I'm often a lot more pessimistic about England's chances when it comes to playing Australia. For the first time in a long time (perhaps ever) I'm looking at Australia and seeing things that we can exploit rather than things that we should be afraid of.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

Pretty conclusive that mate.

Ahh the famous one still frame shot!

in real time he slides off so its play on tackle is not complete as momentum continues ball carrying arm does not matter at that point as they are all still moving.

I really wanted NZ to win, but nobody was cheated. it was a fair dame and one if the best games of all time.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Midlands hobo said:

I wonder if you long lived RL types can help me out. 

So for a long while last night NZ 2 points down were adjust putting up ineffectual kicks in the Oz 20. I was sat thinking. 2 point game. Get down there take the goal get a point restart. I still cannot get my head around why in such a close game you would t keep the board ticking especially when you've been nilled for the half.

The way Australia were defending the Kiwis were struggling to get to their 20,thankfully our sport is about scoring tries unlike the other lot.

37 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It was a good game , although I did think it was a bit 5 drives and a kick for a while with not enough open play , the Addo Carr try was incredible... 

I agree. We shouldn't apologise for overstating how much we enjoyed a game of RL, but I think there have been plenty of internationals better than last night. 

That ain't a negative at all, it just means that international RL is unbelievable superb. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MZH said:

Well we will see won't we. I'm often a lot more pessimistic about England's chances when it comes to playing Australia. For the first time in a long time (perhaps ever) I'm looking at Australia and seeing things that we can exploit rather than things that we should be afraid of.

All i see is things Australia can exploit. Ive seen far better GB England sides  loose ti worse Australian sides than this, i don’t see how an England side coached by Wane captained by Tompkins as the likes of Hill cooper in the front row Williams in the halves and a few other week links can beat this Australian side. I don’t think they will or get within 10 points.

9 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Anyone who watched that game last night and still thinks union is a better game, are at best a right c**t 

Depends on what you want from a game. I was there last night it was cracking. But I preferred playing union because I was a prop and I f****** LOVE scrummaging. 

Fantastic match. I still can’t believe that the Kiwis didn’t win. I was absolutely convinced they were going to score a try on the right hand side in the last minute of the game!

The neutrals in the crowd looked like they were were really getting into the match on the side of New Zealand. The games looks so much better on television with a decent crowd. Shame about the replays while the ball was on play in the BBC coverage but it didn’t seem as bad as it was in some of the previous games.

I agree Manu was the man of the match.

I am going to the match this afternoon at the Arsenal stadium. I can’t wait.

• Like 3

Wow! 

Currently on the train back to London after attending my first game of rugby in nine years last night. I’m unbelievably hungover, but still on a high after a spectacular, spectacular match.

I’m a fan of lots of sports, but when rugby league is at its best, like it was last night, it really can’t be beaten.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JohnM said:

Out of order.

Apologies to all.

I had experienced a difficult domestic crisis prior to the SF. However that does not excuse what I posted.

My intention is never to cause offence.

In hindsight I should not have posted anything.

Frustration got the better of me in what was a terrific test match.

Enjoy the England SF today.

• Like 4

What's interesting about this game is that Manu put in a super human effort but a lot of it was carries returning the ball and taking some carries into the meat of the Australian defence.

I can't help but feel though that if he had played in the  centre he may have been a more attacking threat, collecting the ball in one on one situations on a ball shift where he is most dangerous. 

With Manu at fullback, this Kiwi team in one or two class centres short of Australia and that is their biggest weakness.

• Like 2

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

42 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

In days gone by, they would have put 20 points on NZ in the last 15 mins.

I made a comment 30 mins in that NZ would need an score lead going into the last 20 as they were already blowing. NZ gave everything and full marks to them but Australia should have really put them to the sword. Previous Australian teams would have been ruthless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands hobo said:

Incorrect sir. It's about scoring points. Points make prizes 

It is in Union where they celebrate a penalty goal as if they’d won the World Cup and they’re brought up on turgid dross so don’t know what they’re missing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

Absolutely no chance any Aussie gets a ban. They could have decapitated a kiwi player with a samurai sword and still not get a ban.

Unfortunately I agree.

Ref was very good - but - BIG BUT - it obviously should be an independent country of origin ref….

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Alan Robertson said:

Whilst your post seems to be gaining a few laughs, ironically, your use of such a 'recent' time frame means that you haven't used recency bias. In this context, recency bias would involve favouring a recent event when comparing a range of events which have occurred over a significant period of time (much greater than 6 minutes). For example, favouring a recent event over one that occurred forty years ago.

I bet your great crack down the pub mate..