1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

29 minutes ago, 7723 said:

Paulo has had his ban overturned and can play at the weekend.

Actually I am happy with that, I thought that Paulo and Papali'i laid the foundations for Samoa beating Tonga, just as Burgess and Hill were very instrumental in Englands victory over PNG, the best front row performances from those four for me in the tournament so far, and I want to see the best v the best against each other, I question myself trying to decide who will come out on top  but the best pair of those may go a long way to their teams success.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No I wrote it in code so only those with the right grey matter can understand, but the truth is I was on a bus rocking 'n rolling writing on a small phone for my big fingers and didn't check back before posting🙄.

I agree with you though, on all points, owd lads at Wiggin stinkin together, his distribution could be better, and Ackers a better all choice these days.

I thought it was Wheeltappers and Shunters club lol.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Actually I am happy with that, I thought that Paulo and Papali'i laid the foundations for Samoa beating Tonga, just as Burgess and Hill were very instrumental in Englands victory over PNG, the best front row performances from those four for me in the tournament so far, and I want to see the best v the best against each other, I question myself trying to decide who will come out on top  but the best pair of those may go a long way to their teams success.

That's great news.

I agree with all your points.

52 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Interesting you thought that Harry.

Personally, I thought the only area where Tonga were better that Samoa on Sunday was the middle forwards.  I thought that at best Papali'i, Oregon Kaufusi, Paulo and Hunt matched Fonua-Blake, Fotuaika, Taumalolo and Taukeiaho but I would rate the Tongans as better overall and Taumalolo and Taukeiaho were the best two on the pitch.

Where Tonga were miles behind Samoa was the contribution of the back 5 in the running game and the creativity of the spine.

(for once, I won't quote the stats just my opinion!)

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

52 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Interesting you thought that Harry.

Personally, I thought the only area where Tonga were better that Samoa on Sunday was the middle forwards.  I thought that at best Papali'i, Oregon Kaufusi, Paulo and Hunt matched Fonua-Blake, Fotuaika, Taumalolo and Taukeiaho but I would rate the Tongans as better overall and Taumalolo and Taukeiaho were the best two on the pitch.

Where Tonga were miles behind Samoa was the contribution of the back 5 in the running game and the creativity of the spine.

(for once, I won't quote the stats just my opinion!)

Papali'i in particular as I mentioned in another thread turned back the clock to the magical hands of some of those front row forwards from yesteryear, countless times he drew in 3 or 4 defenders and still got the ball away, I appreciate what Taumalolo does with his block busters but I get loads of pleasure watching these subtleties just as much, and I think that Paulo led from the front being captain when on the field he never stopped, it is going to be some match up, it will be interesting to see Mr Wane in how and when he plays/introduces Burgess and Hill does he go toe to toe?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Papali'i in particular as I mentioned in another thread turned back the clock to the magical hands of some of those front row forwards from yesteryear, countless times he drew in 3 or 4 defenders and still got the ball away, I appreciate what Taumalolo does with his block busters but I get loads of pleasure watching these subtleties just as much, and I think that Paulo led from the front being captain when on the field he never stopped, it is going to be some match up, it will be interesting to see Mr Wane in how and when he plays/introduces Burgess and Hill does he go toe to toe?

Yes, you are certainly right at the offloads.  Much better than Tonga who just went straight up the middle.

England have to lock down the offloads for sure.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Samoa really struggle defensively with second phase Rugby. I expect a close game in the Semi, but at the same time, would not surprise me if England blow them away.

The Aussies on the other hand are a different kettle of fish. They are far quicker than us around the ruck but one thing is for sure, I don't think there is much in it.

This will be GB/England's 80th WC match. If they win, it will be the 50th victory. If they lose it would be the 25th defeat. They have also had six draws, twice as many as any other nation. 

This will be Samoa's 22nd WC match, ten victories, ten losses and a draw prior to this match.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion.