1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

Looking forward. 

I don't have any "favourite" club (although I somehow cheer for Catalans/Wire in SL, Warriors/Canberra/St George in the NRL), but when England or Italy RL are playing, I can't stop thinking about the incoming game.

• Like 3

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Tago and Leniu out for Samoa. Not sure how much this will impact them but there will be a bit of a reshuffle. 

Suualii is the danger for them. He's shown how dangerous he can be (not just with flying knees) and could be the man for them who plucks something out of nothing and gives them momentum. If we can stay in the grind, which we should be able to, and are smart with the kicking game, e.g. kick behind To'o, we should get away from them at the end of the first half and midway through the second again.

Exciting times!

• Like 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

2 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Let's just enjoy it all.

I never enjoy big England games in any sport . I sort of endure them really really hoping we win but struggling to overcome my natural pessimism fuelled by history . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has Marc Sneyd been recalled? Can't see anybody else with the long kick game to be able to do what you say.

We did it fairly well in the first game. Sneyd is a better kicker than Williams or Tomkins if he jumps in but they are both still competent kickers.

• Like 1

3736-mipm.gif

8 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Seems like Wane has confirmed one change of Thompson for Lees in his press conference. Not sure how to post a link but saw a piece about it by Aaron Bower just now on Twitter. 

Pleased by that. Thompson will be far better with ball in hand.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Tago and Leniu out for Samoa. Not sure how much this will impact them but there will be a bit of a reshuffle. 

Suualii is the danger for them. He's shown how dangerous he can be (not just with flying knees) and could be the man for them who plucks something out of nothing and gives them momentum. If we can stay in the grind, which we should be able to, and are smart with the kicking game, e.g. kick behind To'o, we should get away from them at the end of the first half and midway through the second again.

Exciting times!

Izack Tago is out for them? That's a big blow as he was their form outside back for me.  Leniu hasn't been as good as I expected this tournament but it is nonetheless a blow for their forward depth from the bench.

I'm not too worried about England staying in the grind.

The quater final against Tonga was compelling viewing as the two teams were evenly matched but the pace of the game and intensity fell away dramatically, I would expect England to have more than Samoa if it came down to stamina and playing through the 80.

We may not get the electric starts we have had - but over 80 minutes we will have too much.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Izack Tago is out for them? That's a big blow as he was their form outside back for me.  Leniu hasn't been as good as I expected this tournament but it is nonetheless a blow for their forward depth from the bench.

The quater final against Tonga was compelling viewing as the two teams were evenly matched but the pace of the game and intensity fell away dramatically, I would expect England to have more than Samoa if it came down to stamina and playing through the 80.

We may not get the electric starts we have had - but over 80 minutes we will have too much.

That's pretty much where I'm at. My concern would be if Samoa get some momentum through some individual effort from the likes of Suualii or Luai, get their tails up and are able to post a flurry of points. We havent been behind yet so we dont know how we'd react if we do.

3736-mipm.gif

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

Izack Tago is not really a big loss now that Lafai's been in career form all tournament. And he'll be playing against guys hes used to in the SL. Leniu is the bigger loss for me because Tuilagi will have to play out of position again at prop

2 minutes ago, Mojo said:

Izack Tago is not really a big loss now that Lafai's been in career form all tournament. And he'll be playing against guys hes used to in the SL. Leniu is the bigger loss for me because Tuilagi will have to play out of position again at prop

My mistake, got Tago mixed up with Taylan May.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

James Graham put out some really good points on his recent podcast about the first game.

Samoa had 3 injuries in that first half Hammer, May and Hamlin-Uele. Tago also got injured early and he stayed on the field because there were no more backs in the bench. Even when he scored his try it was pretty obvious he was in alot of pain. In saying that Samoa were only down 18-6 and it should've been 18-12 if the tmo allowed the Critchon try.

The 2nd half Tuilagi also came off injured for a head knock and it was all downhill from there. 

That is just a quote from James Graham in his podcast not my own words.

My take on the first game is:

Not taking anything away from England they also played awesome in that first game. But let's be honest if those injuries didnt happen the score wouldn't be 60pts. I still think England wouldve won that game because the English forward pack was amazing in that first game but it definitely would've been closer.

The game this week will be a whole different game. Samoa would've learnt alot from that first match up and they got a taste of what englands SL players are like from the first game. I'm picking Samoa for the surprise win. That tough game against tonga was the game they needed to get there confidence up

Edited by Mojo
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Mojo said:

James Graham put out some really good points on his recent podcast about the first game.

Samoa had 3 injuries in that first half Hammer, May and Hamlin-Uele. Tago also got injured early and he stayed on the field because there were no more backs in the bench. Even when he scored his try it was pretty obvious he was in alot of pain. In saying that Samoa were only down 18-6 and it should've been 18-12 if the tmo allowed the Critchon try.

The 2nd half Tuilagi also came off injured for a head knock and it was all downhill from there. 

This is just a quote from James Graham in his podcast not my own words.

Not taking anything away from England they also played awesome in that first game. But let's be honest if those injuries didnt happen the score wouldn't be 60pts. I still think England wouldve won that game because the English forward pack was amazing in that first game but it definitely would've been closer.

The game this week will be a whole different game. Samoa would've learnt alot from that first match up and they got a taste of what englands SL players are like from the first game. I'm picking Samoa for the surprise win. That tough game against tonga was the game they needed to get there confidence up

JG is not backing England. Wow

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, jacksy said:

JG is not backing England. Wow

The first half was from James Graham podcast the bottom half is my opinion. He's still picks england for the win but in a very close game. Sorry for the confusion 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mojo said:

The first half was from James Graham podcast the bottom half is my opinion. He's still picks england for the win but in a very close game. Sorry for the confusion 

Ah ok.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

12 hours ago, Mojo said:

That is just a quote from James Graham in his podcast not my own words.

My take on the first game is:

Graham is right - a LOT went wrong for Samoa in that first game on top of a complete lack of prep.

They will be a much, much tougher nut to crack this weekend but I back them to do it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mojo said:

Will Tuilagi have to play out of position?

Won’t Samoa’s prop rotation be Paulo, Hunt, Papali & Tapou as per the Tongan game.

2 hours ago, AB90 said:

Will Tuilagi have to play out of position?

Won’t Samoa’s prop rotation be Paulo, Hunt, Papali & Tapou as per the Tongan game.

In the Tongan game Tuilagi came on at prop for Hunt and Taupau came on at Lock for Kaufusi.