1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

14 hours ago, Mojo said:

No Danny Levi for Samoa he's gone back to Australia for personal reasons. Nu Brown to replace him and Leniu also back after reports came out he was out injured

No Lees or Levis this week then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

It must be something serious for Levi to return Down Under and miss a World Cup semi final. I hope everything is OK in the Levi household and I wish him well.

As far as the game is concerned, I'm backing England to win 32-12 with a couple of late tries lending a flattering appearance to the scoreline in a tight game. Best of luck to Wane and all the lads.

4 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Halls try would’ve been given in the NRL that year there were plenty of examples at the time of similar put downs being awarded. 

We all know that it was never about the coefficient of restitution of the ball and everything to do with not allowing Australia to be knocked out of a home tournament 

• Like 1

In this country we go one extreme to the other, prior to the game at St James Park England were given no chance against Samoa, now it's the reverse.

As before you have to stick with the process and win the forward battle to build the platform for victory.

England need a win for the credibility of Rugby League in the Northern hemisphere for if it is a Australia v Samoa final the air will go out of this tournament like a slowly deflating baloon

With my track record on tipping in the northern hemisphere, you will be gratified to know I make no prediction for this game. It's too serious.

Incidentally listening to the whining  from down under about England's "soft schedule". May I point out that the sage Phil Gould predicted there was no way England could beat Samoa on twitter. We know the outcome there. Now it's the "soft schedule"  - You cannot have it both ways chaps.😴

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, meast said:

Really excited for the game tomorrow, I'm staying in Islington tonight taking in a gig at the roundhouse later.

Is there anywhere that England fans are planning on meeting pre game?

Oh by the way, I have a spare if anyone is in the area??

Our plan is to get the tube up to the bottom of Holloway Road (Highbury stop) for about 11am and frequent as many of the pubs along the way as is humanly possible. I suspect many others will be doing the same

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

In this country we go one extreme to the other, prior to the game at St James Park England were given no chance against Samoa, now it's the reverse.

As before you have to stick with the process and win the forward battle to build the platform for victory.

England need a win for the credibility of Rugby League in the Northern hemisphere for if it is a Australia v Samoa final the air will go out of this tournament like a slowly deflating baloon

With my track record on tipping in the northern hemisphere, you will be gratified to know I make no prediction for this game. It's too serious.

Incidentally listening to the whining  from down under about England's "soft schedule". May I point out that the sage Phil Gould predicted there was no way England could beat Samoa on twitter. We know the outcome there. Now it's the "soft schedule"  - You cannot have it both ways chaps.😴

“The whining from down under”? 

To be honest there really hasn’t been much talk about the World Cup compared to transfers, the new draw for next year, what Wayne Bennett is doing, the pay dispute, pretty much everything else, the World Cup is a world away & on at stupid times, I’m really not being disingenuous when I say this, it’s been pretty quiet here, I’m sure some are watching it & im sure the people who matter, but………. 🤨

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Our plan is to get the tube up to the bottom of Holloway Road (Highbury stop) for about 11am and frequent as many of the pubs along the way as is humanly possible. I suspect many others will be doing the same

Done a bit of research and there are some decent ale pubs around Highbury & Islington tube - Alwyne Castle being one. There aren't so many open before Noon? Found Duchess of Kent on Liverpool Road opens at 11

5 hours ago, WN83 said:

Marty Taupau has pulled out of the Samoa squad. Not sure if it’s injury or another reason. He’s been replaced by Connelly Lemuelu. 

Samoan team can't catch a break with the injuries.

Lemuelu is a exciting young player playing for the Dolphins next season. He's a center but can also play second row and lock. What a game to debut on!

2 hours ago, RippinandTearin said:

“The whining from down under”? 

To be honest there really hasn’t been much talk about the World Cup compared to transfers, the new draw for next year, what Wayne Bennett is doing, the pay dispute, pretty much everything else, the World Cup is a world away & on at stupid times, I’m really not being disingenuous when I say this, it’s been pretty quiet here, I’m sure some are watching it & im sure the people who matter, but………. 🤨

Everything is on at stupid times when you live at the ar#e end of the world.

• Haha 3

He's jumped from touch

• Confused 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Dunbar said:

He's jumped from touch

In the other game!

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 hours ago, shaun mc said:

Done a bit of research and there are some decent ale pubs around Highbury & Islington tube - Alwyne Castle being one. There aren't so many open before Noon? Found Duchess of Kent on Liverpool Road opens at 11

As a regular football goer, Arsenal is about as good as it gets for a trip on the beer. 

Worth looking at the Islington area after the game - Earl of Essex for one. 

Anyone willing to travel slightly further, Southampton Arms just outside of Kentish Town is my favourite London pub 

7 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Aussies always get their way with officiating big games in both codes of rugby also cricket 

Being an Aus/GB duel citizen I already have 1 team in the final and predict that England will join them after today's match. Am hoping for a closer outcome than occurred in their previous meeting.

For those attending today in London enjoy the Emirates experience. I lived for 4 years in North London back in the 60's and went to see Arsenal play a few times at the old Highbury stadium and really enjoyed it.