1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

Just now, dkw said:

His choices of McIlorum and Warkins were questionable but had no impact on group games. Now we're seeing the folly if these decisions. Both have been abysmal. 

Indeed. They are solid reserves in a tournament squad, but for example McIlorum wasn't good enough for England in 2017 when he played for Ireland instead. 

Tbh even our halves have been well off the pace too.

We’re not winning the forward battle which we’ve built everything on so far .

We’ve looked ponderous round the ruck, to late now but we should have had Ackers there as an option 

They are winning the yardage battle and look threatening with the ball

Weve still had the chances and executed poorly 

• Like 2

From an England perspective the thing that would worry me most is that Samoa aren't playing all that well. They're not carving it up the middle, the wingers aren't making kick returns and the kicking game isn't very profitable at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Desert Skipper said:

So, IF we get through, who gets the nod on that right channel next week? Bateman? The Aussies will have a field day with Watkins.

I'm not sure we deserve watching another final where one of our primary attacking threats gets no ball because Bateman at centre can't pass.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Some seriously one dimensional play on show here from England

It’s been 1 out and that’s it. 

Callum Watkins has been terrible. He’s cost us effectively a 14 pt swing that’s unforgivable.

1 minute ago, Desert Skipper said:

So, IF we get through, who gets the nod on that right channel next week? Bateman? The Aussies will have a field day with Watkins.

We'll suddenly discover 17 heritage England players who qualify because they've spent around a month here.

They were last spotted in Leeds last night....

If we win, and it’s a big if, I can’t see Watkins in the side next week. He’s had a defensive nightmare today, two of the softest edge tries I’ve seen all season. They didn’t even have numbers. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

1 minute ago, The Masked Poster said:

Not good but not quite the disaster some are saying. If England can win this, it will be a good thing in the end. 

That's a big if. I agree if we can it could help the final, but we've been really poor IMO and second best everywhere.

1 minute ago, Wendigo7 said:

It’s been 1 out and that’s it. 

Callum Watkins has been terrible. He’s cost us effectively a 14 pt swing that’s unforgivable.

You defend as an edge. Watkins wasn't covering the shortside after he made that tackle. The ball was knocked out of his hands for the try, it happens.

• Like 1