1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

2 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Dear God get mcolorum off. He's having a mare, missing tackles left right and centre. Didn't even got acting half until last tackle on that last set. I know he's wane's love child, but he's gonna cost us the match

Well I suppose we can’t blame the ref so just come out with some other rubbish.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

From an England perspective the thing that would worry me most is that Samoa aren't playing all that well. They're not carving it up the middle, the wingers aren't making kick returns and the kicking game isn't very profitable at all.

As England tire, it could get messy if we come out the same. There were signs at the end there that they were having a lot of success.

2 minutes ago, Wendigo7 said:

It’s been 1 out and that’s it. 

I often talk about second phase because it’s really really important . They’ve done it as southern hemisphere teams often do . We have lots of hit ups , but if we can get an offload we can stretch them as well 

1 minute ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

If we win, and it’s a big if, I can’t see Watkins in the side next week. He’s had a defensive nightmare today, two of the softest edge tries I’ve seen all season. They didn’t even have numbers. 

They had numbers for the second try because an England defender went the wrong side of the PTB. Effectively 3 v 2 at that point.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

You defend as an edge. Watkins wasn't covering the shortside after he made that tackle. The ball was knocked out of his hands for the try, it happens.

It was, but it’s a reasonable point to say that an international centre should never have the ball knocked out in that sort of scoring position. 

Just now, Davo5 said:

Well I suppose we can’t blame the ref so just come out with some other rubbish.

He has a point. Micky mac is being targeted and they are having success through him. Maybe Radley moves to hooker. 

• Like 2

Just now, Roy Haggerty said:

It was, but it’s a reasonable point to say that an international centre should never have the ball knocked out in that sort of scoring position. 

True, but then that calls into question Wane's entire squad selection...

Just now, ELBOWSEYE said:

He has a point. Micky mac is being targeted and they are having success through him. Maybe Radley moves to hooker. 

Davo simply will not allow disparaging anyone with a link to Wigan.....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

True, but then that calls into question Wane's entire squad selection...

You mean people will have to u-turn on their previous u-turn?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

This ref has been shocking. How did England get the ball back after he went out and if that's not the case knocked the ball on?? Made some very questionable calls against samoa in the first 40mins I hope he improves in the 2nd half

England have played poorly and trail by 4.  Surely Wane will get them to tighten up 2nd half 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Please come on and pull it together . We’re all well and truly sick of England what if , nearlies , not quites , bad luck 

If we lose the WRWC, RLWC semi final and the cricket World Cup final I’m gonna top myself lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, JonM said:

They had numbers for the second try because an England defender went the wrong side of the PTB. Effectively 3 v 2 at that point.

That’s not what happened, Samoa had one man on the short side and he’s marked by Young. Watkins rightly goes to the open side, if he doesn’t we would be short on that side.  
That leaves Welsby at Marker to defend their dummy half and he just switched off, even half turning his back which left Young defending 2 players

1 minute ago, barnyia said:

Samoa have a reduced bench due to head injuries, mcllorum isn't dangerous around the ruck and Samoa know he's going to pass, it's the same for the Catalan, 

Hopefully Samoa will tire. 

Did both fail HIA? Is there 18th man in internationals?