1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

First stiff opposition England have played since what, GB tour in 2019, and we were really poor.

That's a really decent observation.

If the RFL are serious about England winning then, firstly, England have to play more games and, secondly, they have to find a way of putting up enough money that the NRL will release players for full internationals more often.

I'm not optimistic.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

England really disappointing today, three mistakes at the end of the game really determined they weren't going to win:

1. Not going to ground on the last play of the second half thus giving George Williams a shot at a feld goal.

2. Dropped ball in golden point.

3. Forward pass in golden point.

• Like 2

Just now, barnyia said:

By tomkins to welsby at the play the ball. 

But there was clearly no forward pass apart from the pass that was, erm, forward.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, gingerjon said:

That's a really decent observation.

If the RFL are serious about England winning then, firstly, England have to play more games and, secondly, they have to find a way of putting up enough money that the NRL will release players for full internationals more often.

I'm not optimistic.

Not a chance.

The oceania cup will be the main international comp outside of World Cups now, and there's more chance of Lebanon being invited to that than us.

1 minute ago, The Masked Poster said:

Not here, I couldn't care less about other countries. I wanted England to win or nobody. 

My enemy's enemy doesn't do anything for me. 

Im not overly patriotic so can probably take some emotion out of it, Samoa getting to a world cup final is huge for our game

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Welsby was really poor I’m afraid . Williams tried hard . Mcilorum , no idea what he was doing there 

McIlorum has no place at this level. Even earlier in the tournament when we played well he stuck out like a sore thumb. 

• Like 4

Best team won. That was never a penalty on Tomkins. The officials did their best for us to get us through but we wasn't good enough. 

I think Phil Gould will say "He who laughs last, laughs longest" he certainly won't be getting tweeted by the England fans now like he did after the first game. 

Some young kids in there like Young and Welsby cracked with the pressure but they have the time on their hands and can only gain experience from that. I feel sorry for the older guys like Tomkins, Whitehead and Hill who's time is over. 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Welsby was really poor I’m afraid . Williams tried hard . Mcilorum , no idea what he was doing there 

To be fair I think there’s only Makinson, Farnworth, Whitehead and Bateman who played anywhere near what they’re capable of. The rest were either below average or poor including the two young guns of Young and Welsby who were both lacking composure at key times today.

• Like 2

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

2 minutes ago, eal said:

England really disappointing today, three mistakes at the end of the game really determined they weren't going to win:

1. Not going to ground on the last play of the second half thus giving George Williams a shot at a feld goal.

2. Dropped ball in golden point.

3. Forward pass in golden point.

Number 1 for me was huge, we had a chance with no downside if it was missed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

A really poor performance on the whole despite Farnworth’s heroics.

That's the most disappointing thing for me. England were just so bad with heaps of really simple mistakes. To be so bad and still only lose by golden point is incredibly frustrating. If even just a few players turned up I think England win quite comfortably. The players will be kicking themselves.

• Like 3

Wane takes the blame says Wane

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.