1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

In 2018 would you have said Samoa would have had a chance of being in the WC final in the next WC?

Samoa have become a better team than England in such a short time 2 of their best players were 19 where exactly dose this leave England? 

16 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

Samoa have become a better team than England in such a short time 2 of their best players were 19 where exactly dose this leave England? 

Scary thing is the current samoan team is one of the youngest team in the world cup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I haven't yet become desensitised to these losses. I don't think I ever will.

Both of Farnworth's tries were superb and he was one of the few England players who didn't deserve that result. Whitehead is another strong example of that. 

Welsby was unbelievably poor. He's a 'flat track bully' at this stage.

England's 'game management', in extra time, was as bad as it gets.

I can't stop thinking about 'what might have been' 😡.

• Like 3

I can see no positives for the game of rugby league today from this result.

The game itself was obviously exciting so there's a small positive there, but the opportunity for the sport today rested entirely with the result. The result will rightly be a source of pride for those with ties to Samoa but that will hardly raise the profile of the sport, partly because that community already have great engagement with rugby league. Even if they win next week, although it will provide a story with interest beyond rugby league, that will be quite transient and let's face it, what are the chances of them winning anyway.  Exceedingly slim IMO, and if/when the final proves a game too far - as it did for NZ in 2013 and almost certainly will for Samoa next week - it will cast English RL in a worse light than I think it actually deserves. In short we've blown it again, big time.

I do have a personal positive, albeit a bittersweet one, in the reaction of my young daughter.  She has "liked" RL for a few years now, though if I'm honest it's been more a matter of liking the idea of RL than the actual game. A combination of night matches, her other activities and a certain nervousness of noisy crowds has previously restricted her to two Wakefield matches, where she was semi-engaged in the action but genuinely happy with two Wakefield wins (lucky choice of games!!), and a school trip to England v Brazil where the children created an enthusiastic atmosphere. But today, she grasped the importance and was totally engrossed from start to finish: frustration, nerves, worry and despair, alternating with hope, excitement, belief and ecstasy until the final devastating act. 

That has left me with a positive feeling that a fan was born today and a lifetime memory created but I can't help but think how much greater the impact would have been had we won, not to mention how much more fun it would have been, both today and looking back. 

I'm feeling a curious mixture of happy and desolate, unfortunately not in equal measure.😠

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

But it hasn't come to fruition for England and a successful England would raise the game's profile far more than a successful Samoa.

Ah, so you only want a more competitive  international scene as long as England win?

That’s not really wanting competition is it. Competitive international RL means England will have a lesser chance  of winning the WC not more chance.

Edited by Chrispmartha
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

But it hasn't come to fruition for England and a successful England would raise the game's profile far more than a successful Samoa.

Its has come to fruition. England lost for the first time against Samoa, that is a competitive international scene.

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I’m not overly patriotic so maybe that’s why my emotions aren’t running that high.

I'm not as patriotic as I used to be thanks to the political direction our country has chosen but to me it's not about patriotism, it's about rugby league. I want England to do well primarily for the good of English rugby league but also because an England that could compete equally at the top table would be a massive boost for the game on a wider scale.

I assure you that my emotions are running that high!!

• Like 2

On 08/11/2022 at 09:33, Saint Toppy said:

England 42 - 12 Samoa

Samoan forwards to run out of steam after 30mins and the Penrith show pony backs to just prance around again doing not much 😆

The show pony that has just ripped us a new one ? And talk of show ponies what has Welsby done exactly ? A big fat zilch.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Jughead said:

George Williams playing as the Warrington George Williams so far. 

And what about super star Welsby? My Grandmother could do better and she's arthritic.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, north yorks trinity said:

Tonga beats the Kiwis and kangaroos and the international games grows. Samoa beats England and its the other way around? Geez 🤦‍♂️😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Desert Skipper said:

Why didn’t Watkins pass? That’s two big mistakes on the biggest stage. Not having a very good game.

Yeah true but nobody mentions Welsby, has he got off the bus yet ?

• Confused 1

Left the house at 7am and got back about half an hour ago. What can you say?! We just put ourselves in a bad spot and couldn’t quite pull it back. We should’ve won the game, even playing like that but we just couldn’t settle and find the patience needed. 

What I hate on days like today is how the fingers start pointing, based on your club loyalties-It’s Watkins fault, Wanes fault, Tomkins and Micky Macs fault, Welsby’s fault, Whiteheads fault, Radleys fault, a mixture of them all and everything in between. It was the teams fault, not any individuals. We started slowly and got no intensity going until the last 15 mins and even then, we couldn’t stop panicking. 

Pretty gutted tbh, I thought we’d at least get a day out next Saturday. In the main the players and coaching staff have been great in the tournament. We need more internationals and we personally need to regroup and come again. I think we’ve a very decent side forming, with some big players to come back in and young lads to break through. It’s tough to keep putting these disappointments behind us but I’ve seen 2 amazing games in the last couple of days and I want more of it. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, OMEGA said:

Watkins, Welsby & McIllorum have been poor in that half

Welsby, it looks like Luai has intimidated him off his game  

Yeah Luai the one trick pony as one person on here called him. And in the same breath managed to say nothing about young Jack.

• Confused 1