Jump to content

Sat 12th Nov: RLWC SF: England v Samoa KO 14:30


Who will win?  

130 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • England by 13 points or more
      62
    • England by 7 to 12 points
      47
    • England by 1 to 6 points
      11
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
      5
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
      2
    • Samoa by 13 points or more
      3

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

Recommended Posts


5 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Oh I see, this is the first time it's happened, a blip if you will. 

My mistake. 

I presume you follow RL because you like to watch the sport and/or play it. England winning or losing doesn't affect that. Despite England losing I know I can still watch a RL match and be enthralled because I like RL.

If all you care about is England winning then you may as well just pick a sport England are good at and watch that. Then you should be incredibly happy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Or why you would post on a RL forum incessantly saying this time you really, really, really, have had enough.

I'd suggest Football and probably Man C might suit more - guaranteed to win trophies then and be happy.

Personally I think the account has to be a ringer.

So you don't actually read anything? I had fallen out of love with the game a few years ago but got interested again due to the WC. With it so far? Ok, then I thought I'd use this forum as a source of debate or info. Still with it? 

Now, I was made interested because it looked like they were doing it right, with what seemed like big crowds coming and a lot of publicity. Which to be fair, the media have been pretty much onside, so it's not the usual hatchet job. 

But it turned out exactly the same, with the same old results I've been seeing for 30 years. (Is that long enough or should I just continue in case you don't approve?) There is no really, really, really about it love, that's just your attempt at humour.

I don't particularly care what you think tbh so it's really no big deal. 

Just because I asked you to join my ponsi scheme, does not mean it's suspicious. So, there you go sonny. Have fun now xx

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

I presume you follow RL because you like to watch the sport and/or play it. England winning or losing doesn't affect that. Despite England losing I know I can still watch a RL match and be enthralled because I like RL.

If all you care about is England winning then you may as well just pick a sport England are good at and watch that. Then you should be incredibly happy.

Ok boss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

So you don't actually read anything? I had fallen out of love with the game a few years ago but got interested again due to the WC. With it so far? Ok, then I thought I'd use this forum as a source of debate or info. Still with it? 

Now, I was made interested because it looked like they were doing it right, with what seemed like big crowds coming and a lot of publicity. Which to be fair, the media have been pretty much onside, so it's not the usual hatchet job. 

But it turned out exactly the same, with the same old results I've been seeing for 30 years. (Is that long enough or should I just continue in case you don't approve?) There is no really, really, really about it love, that's just your attempt at humour.

I don't particularly care what you think tbh so it's really no big deal. 

Just because I asked you to join my ponsi scheme, does not mean it's suspicious. So, there you go sonny. Have fun now xx

 

Samoa beating England to get to the final is literally the first time it’s happened.

thats the very opposite of same old results.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not one who dislikes Wane blindly, despite my club rivalries, but I dont think he did brilliantly tactically yesterday, or selection-wise, and as you highlight, the interchange looks a bit off. 

To be fair just about everyone on here picked the team he did for this match. I think we just lost our way.

As I said in another thread, if Samoa beat Oz next week, England losing in extra time won't seem as bad as it does now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Ok boss. 

No need to get tetchy because you are having a strop and can't explain yourself very well. I daresay everyone has experienced at least as many England defeats as you, hence people wondering why as a RL fan you would just stop following the sport just because England lose a game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

You said or implied that you don’t want to roll over surrender and  accept mediocracy.

So what is it you are going to do?

Stamp on their tippytoes like your man said,is your next question going to be which club do you follow?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Samoa beating England to get to the final is literally the first time it’s happened.

thats the very opposite of same old results.

Yes, first time it has happened so it's far from the same results. England losing to Samoa, as NZ did in the last World Cup against Tonga and Fiji, is far from what we have ever known in RL. Its unprecedented. Saying that there are some also moaning on this thread because we haven't lost to NZ or Australia, and have instead lost to a tier 2 nation, so we are damned if we do, damned if we dont.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

So you don't actually read anything? I had fallen out of love with the game a few years ago but got interested again due to the WC. With it so far? Ok, then I thought I'd use this forum as a source of debate or info. Still with it? 

Now, I was made interested because it looked like they were doing it right, with what seemed like big crowds coming and a lot of publicity. Which to be fair, the media have been pretty much onside, so it's not the usual hatchet job. 

But it turned out exactly the same, with the same old results I've been seeing for 30 years. (Is that long enough or should I just continue in case you don't approve?) There is no really, really, really about it love, that's just your attempt at humour.

I don't particularly care what you think tbh so it's really no big deal. 

Just because I asked you to join my ponsi scheme, does not mean it's suspicious. So, there you go sonny. Have fun now xx

 

Added to the ignore list. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes, first time it has happened so it's far from the same results. England losing to Samoa, as NZ did in the last World Cup against Tonga and Fiji, is far from what we have ever known in RL. Its unprecedented. Saying that there are some also moaning on this thread because we haven't lost to NZ or Australia, and have instead lost to a tier 2 nation, so we are damned if we do, damned if we dont.

Tier 2. But stacked with grand finalists. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

To be fair just about everyone on here picked the team he did for this match. I think we just lost our way.

As I said in another thread, if Samoa beat Oz next week, England losing in extra time won't seem as bad as it does now.

I think the selections were based on the squad he selected, but I think the hooker decision has been contentious right from the mid-season international when he signposted that MM was his hooker. And our benches have been quite one-dimensional. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think the selections were based on the squad he selected, but I think the hooker decision has been contentious right from the mid-season international when he signposted that MM was his hooker. And our benches have been quite one-dimensional. 

Ok, ill go with that mate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

To be fair just about everyone on here picked the team he did for this match. I think we just lost our way.

As I said in another thread, if Samoa beat Oz next week, England losing in extra time won't seem as bad as it does now.

Not everyone and,  no it will Jamie peacock said we have regressed and we have. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tippytoe said:

Not everyone and,  no it will Jamie peacock said we have regressed and we have. 

I'm not sure that progress is defined by an intercept try, golden point or a dropped ball over the line. 

Compared to the GB tour, we have progressed massively. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

Not everyone and,  no it will Jamie peacock said we have regressed and we have. 

Peacock and his generation were massive underachievers too. Stank the place out on several occasions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

Not everyone and,  no it will Jamie peacock said we have regressed and we have. 

Regressed from when? There are a number of players from this England team that I would have before those that played in the 2017 World Cup final

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Regressed from when? There are a number of players from this England team that I would have before those that played in the 2017 World Cup final

Yup. We are missing Luke Gale and Kevin Brown. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.