1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 1 to 6 points
    • Samoa by 7 to 12 points
    • Samoa by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/11/22 at 15:00

5 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Oh I see, this is the first time it's happened, a blip if you will. 

My mistake. 

I presume you follow RL because you like to watch the sport and/or play it. England winning or losing doesn't affect that. Despite England losing I know I can still watch a RL match and be enthralled because I like RL.

If all you care about is England winning then you may as well just pick a sport England are good at and watch that. Then you should be incredibly happy.

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

Or why you would post on a RL forum incessantly saying this time you really, really, really, have had enough.

I'd suggest Football and probably Man C might suit more - guaranteed to win trophies then and be happy.

Personally I think the account has to be a ringer.

So you don't actually read anything? I had fallen out of love with the game a few years ago but got interested again due to the WC. With it so far? Ok, then I thought I'd use this forum as a source of debate or info. Still with it? 

Now, I was made interested because it looked like they were doing it right, with what seemed like big crowds coming and a lot of publicity. Which to be fair, the media have been pretty much onside, so it's not the usual hatchet job. 

But it turned out exactly the same, with the same old results I've been seeing for 30 years. (Is that long enough or should I just continue in case you don't approve?) There is no really, really, really about it love, that's just your attempt at humour.

I don't particularly care what you think tbh so it's really no big deal. 

Just because I asked you to join my ponsi scheme, does not mean it's suspicious. So, there you go sonny. Have fun now xx

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

I presume you follow RL because you like to watch the sport and/or play it. England winning or losing doesn't affect that. Despite England losing I know I can still watch a RL match and be enthralled because I like RL.

If all you care about is England winning then you may as well just pick a sport England are good at and watch that. Then you should be incredibly happy.

Ok boss. 

3 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

So you don't actually read anything? I had fallen out of love with the game a few years ago but got interested again due to the WC. With it so far? Ok, then I thought I'd use this forum as a source of debate or info. Still with it? 

Now, I was made interested because it looked like they were doing it right, with what seemed like big crowds coming and a lot of publicity. Which to be fair, the media have been pretty much onside, so it's not the usual hatchet job. 

But it turned out exactly the same, with the same old results I've been seeing for 30 years. (Is that long enough or should I just continue in case you don't approve?) There is no really, really, really about it love, that's just your attempt at humour.

Just because I asked you to join my ponsi scheme, does not mean it's suspicious. So, there you go sonny. Have fun now xx

Samoa beating England to get to the final is literally the first time it’s happened.

thats the very opposite of same old results.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not one who dislikes Wane blindly, despite my club rivalries, but I dont think he did brilliantly tactically yesterday, or selection-wise, and as you highlight, the interchange looks a bit off. 

To be fair just about everyone on here picked the team he did for this match. I think we just lost our way.

As I said in another thread, if Samoa beat Oz next week, England losing in extra time won't seem as bad as it does now.

2 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Ok boss. 

No need to get tetchy because you are having a strop and can't explain yourself very well. I daresay everyone has experienced at least as many England defeats as you, hence people wondering why as a RL fan you would just stop following the sport just because England lose a game.

6 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

You said or implied that you don’t want to roll over surrender and  accept mediocracy.

So what is it you are going to do?

Stamp on their tippytoes like your man said,is your next question going to be which club do you follow?

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Samoa beating England to get to the final is literally the first time it’s happened.

thats the very opposite of same old results.

Yes, first time it has happened so it's far from the same results. England losing to Samoa, as NZ did in the last World Cup against Tonga and Fiji, is far from what we have ever known in RL. Its unprecedented. Saying that there are some also moaning on this thread because we haven't lost to NZ or Australia, and have instead lost to a tier 2 nation, so we are damned if we do, damned if we dont.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Added to the ignore list. 

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Yes, first time it has happened so it's far from the same results. England losing to Samoa, as NZ did in the last World Cup against Tonga and Fiji, is far from what we have ever known in RL. Its unprecedented. Saying that there are some also moaning on this thread because we haven't lost to NZ or Australia, and have instead lost to a tier 2 nation, so we are damned if we do, damned if we dont.

Tier 2. But stacked with grand finalists. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

To be fair just about everyone on here picked the team he did for this match. I think we just lost our way.

As I said in another thread, if Samoa beat Oz next week, England losing in extra time won't seem as bad as it does now.

I think the selections were based on the squad he selected, but I think the hooker decision has been contentious right from the mid-season international when he signposted that MM was his hooker. And our benches have been quite one-dimensional. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think the selections were based on the squad he selected, but I think the hooker decision has been contentious right from the mid-season international when he signposted that MM was his hooker. And our benches have been quite one-dimensional. 

Ok, ill go with that mate.

8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Not everyone and,  no it will Jamie peacock said we have regressed and we have. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tippytoe said:

I'm not sure that progress is defined by an intercept try, golden point or a dropped ball over the line. 

Compared to the GB tour, we have progressed massively. 

3 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

Peacock and his generation were massive underachievers too. Stank the place out on several occasions. 

6 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

Regressed from when? There are a number of players from this England team that I would have before those that played in the 2017 World Cup final

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Regressed from when? There are a number of players from this England team that I would have before those that played in the 2017 World Cup final

Yup. We are missing Luke Gale and Kevin Brown.