1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 7 to 12 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/22 at 20:00

1 minute ago, ehbandit said:

Her ball carrying arm touched the ground while being held by a png player. So she can slide over , however she lifted her arm and promoted the ball over the line. Double movement

For some reason I had it in my head that this was allowed. I kept on been outraged that these incidents were ruled as double movements.

I'm going to shut up for a while....

• Haha 1

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

PNG are coming in tight and leaving overlaps and space on the edges. Better execution or more cross-kicks will bring England scores.

I think Casty is allowing England to slow down the PNG PTBs.

England look the better team and I expect them to go away with it in the second half. That last double movement try that the English video ref allowed probably broke open the game.

Awesome side-line conversion from TJS. She's a fantastic player to watch! Her run-up makes every kick interesting.

5 minutes ago, ehbandit said:

Her ball carrying arm touched the ground while being held by a png player. So she can slide over , however she lifted her arm and promoted the ball over the line. Double movement

Did she; seemed like a natural bounce from hitting the floor at speed, she had forward movement and her arm did not promotr the ball forward, it was held in tight and the momentum and bounce carried her over the line.

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, ehbandit said:

Yep. James Child needs to go back to ref school, haha.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

Did she; seemed like a natural bounce from hitting the floor at speed, she had forward movement and her arm did not promotr the ball forward, it was held in tight and the momentum and bounce carried her over the line.

There was a lifting of the arm to promote the ball, Padge.

Fantastic defence early second half.  Hold off the first 10 of PNG and get a score and they will drop their heads I think.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, corvusxiii said:

For some reason I had it in my head that this was allowed. I kept on been outraged that these incidents were ruled as double movements.

I'm going to shut up for a while....

We had this in a Catalans v Wire game, it appears that the rule is of you were sliding and going to end up over the line anyway you can make a move. Which was news to me. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

How much of a home refereeing performance is this, LOL.

TJS is one of my favourite players, but that was a clear lifting of the arm.

chuckle, I was thinking that myself and with regard holding down... hardly any 6 again against England when their should have been more.

Having said that I am surprised England are not more ahead... they have missed a number of overlap try's, especially when one of the players always backs herself when a simple pass along to winger was all that was needed.

Anyway I am expecting England to run away with this game now... Hopefully that doesn't mean the x3 commentators keep up the constant chatter throughout... although my wife has switched off the commentary towards end of half.

England seem much better rugby team, will be interesting to gauge how good when they play Australia or NZ.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

I think that yawnion allow them to lift the arm if they are still moving. But that's a different game.

If at the end of the slide/movement the player can reach out to score. (Once) but as you say different game.

Very good try.

But I wanted to stress how good the two 9's have been for England tonight.  Both Jones and now Bennett have had really good distribution and management of the ruck.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, redjonn said:

chuckle, I was thinking that myself and with regard holding down... hardly any 6 again against England when their should have been more.

Having said that I am surprised England are not more ahead... they have missed a number of overlap try's, especially when one of the players always backs herself when a simple pass along to winger was all that was needed.

Anyway I am expecting England to run away with this game now... Hopefully that doesn't mean the x3 commentators keep up the constant chatter throughout... although my wife has switched off the commentary towards end of half.

England seem much better rugby team, will be interesting to gauge how good when they play Australia or NZ.

Oh, England are deffo the better team.

They don't need the incredibly one-sided officiating to help them.

• Like 2