1. 1. Who will win?

• England by 13 points or more
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 7 to 12 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/11/22 at 20:00

Great game, well done England.

Have to agree one or two players need to stop being greedy.

• Like 5

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

2 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Great game, well done England.

Have to agree one or two players need to stop being greedy.

They also need to be told to stop running laterally dragging the defence with them instead of letting the ball do the work and giving the wingers space

• Like 4

Just now, RayCee said:

I can't see England winning a trophy if they aren't more clinical in attack. 

They won't win because Australia are far, far, far ahead of everyone.

It's that simple.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think they'll get to the final but the aussies will be too good for them.

However, i think we can all see how much England have improved.

Edited by jacksy
  • Like 2

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 minute ago, jacksy said:

However, i think we can all see how much England they have improved.

They have improved a lot.

A win over New Zealand would be an excellent reward.

• Like 4

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

23 minutes ago, jacksy said:

However, i think we can all see how much England they have improved.

It’s very un-English, but all our England teams are being coached to the top of their games in this tournament. I was REALLY impressed with the women tonight. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

It’s very un-English, but all our England teams are being coached to the top of their games in this tournament. I was REALLY impressed with the women tonight. 

They are all playing with belief, a very unusual trait in English teams.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

It was an enjoyable game. PNG had the better of England physically in the first ten minutes, but England had the fitness and the patience to get the job done, and once Whitfield was on they had a big weapon of their own. I also thought it made a difference that PNG didn't have a long kicking game to clear their lines.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Stunning performance by England, despite a shaky start they hammered the orchids, who left absolutely nothing out on the pitch and gave their absolute all.

Every woman was on it today for England, the forwards were monstrous and the backs absolute class, they're a joy to watch!

What a fantastic atmosphere though, the best I've experienced at the tournament so far, fantastic evenings entertainment, roll on the York semis 👍

• Like 2

On 07/11/2022 at 19:40, BroncoFan said:

I think Coach Craig Richards is making a mistake here, once again he has picked the weakest prop in the squad and left out Zoe Hornby and Vicky Molyneux.

PNG can get over the top of Hoyle & Wood and Grace Field lacks match fitness.

As previously mentioned, the winner will avoid Australia in the semi finals.

Will captain Emily Rudge finally stand up in this game, she has been quiet so far and on form probably shouldn’t be in the starting lineup

What was that about the forwards?

An absolute no contest,. Hoyle, Wood, Dodd, Field and Whitfield were absolutely superb.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StandOffHalf said:

Whitfield had a super game in the middle. Her highlights there make for a nice package, topped off with the try.

She had a cracking few runs that were almost impossible to stop because of the good lines she picked. 

I thought Goldthorp had the best attacking lines of the game, and a speed that was hard to defend against. 

Tara Jones’ speed of play caught PNG out repeatedly at the PTB.

A good night on the field, but I agree with other comments about them being a bit greedy and wasting too many chances. 

• Like 2

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

14 minutes ago, meast said:

I think we gathered that!

It's not about the referee though, is it?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Dunbar said:

They have improved a lot.

A win over New Zealand would be an excellent reward.

I can’t see it happening, pretty much all the kiwis play in the NRLW against the Australian girls, it’s very, very professional & competitive, they go in with a very tough mindset, I’m slightly worried that Australia play their own game & don’t get dragged too much into a dog fight 

2 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

Whatever happens against NZ/Aussies,England can be proud of their efforts so far.

The next challenge for the game in this country is to improve the standard outside the top 3 teams and the question of how viable a full time league is in the future.

Probably need to start with maybe a quota of a few ft in each SL team and increase that year on year. It will take a while to get a ft player pool

1 hour ago, RippinandTearin said:

I can’t see it happening, pretty much all the kiwis play in the NRLW against the Australian girls, it’s very, very professional & competitive, they go in with a very tough mindset, I’m slightly worried that Australia play their own game & don’t get dragged too much into a dog fight 

I prefer to make my judgements on watching them play.  I think Australia will win comfortably tonight and then the England New Zealand game will be very competitive. 

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris