2023 Summer Bash is going to be...

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

2023 Summer Bash is going to be... A flop

Wrong location.

Has any visiting forum member had a welcome at York RL?

In my experience it is the most unwelcoming club in RL

So it’s going to be a flop because

1.several years ago nobody spoke to you

2.It’s in a city that is hugely popular with visitors 

3.You’ve just posted you were made to feel welcome & treated very well on your last visit to the new stadium 

4.see No 3

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

I was a Director of Coventry. The first twice we played York we were completely ignored and were not spoken to by ANYONE associated to the club the whole day..

Then you went to Bootham and your stewards were awful to visiting fans( I accept they were not the RL clubs stewards but they were the face of York that we saw).The latter years were more welcoming to us DIRECTORS  but that was only because your CEO was an ex Cov Bears player and one of your big sponsors had been heavily involved with the Bears in our early years. Unfortunately, that welcome did not extend to our travelling supporters.

I too was there at that night at the LNER and you are right we were treated very well and I hope that it continues but as JF has been pushed out ( and that big sponsor tells me he is very disillusioned by the response of the new regime too)  I suspect its back to normal.

I hope I am wrong.

That’s never good to hear. I can’t comment on the earlier director, before my time.

With JF I’m not sure if you’re referring to previous chairman Jon Flatman or previous coach James Ford, neither departure seems clear to me, they both happened very suddenly but I guess that’s sport for you.

I worked in the ‘ticket office’ at Bootham Crescent 2017-2020 ish, met a few Coventry fans (in fact I interviewed one for my programme column). Never even heard of a hint of them feeling unwelcome. I remember one Coventry fan being a bit unhappy because he said he’d come up on the team coach and thought he would be the only visiting supporter there so asked if he could have a free ticket for that reason. I politely told him it’s not a decision I could make, to me that’s just common sense and so I’d hope he didn’t think I was being unwelcome. The stewards at LNER seem much more friendly.

As for York as a club I think we’ve made big strides but there’s certain areas that need tidying up and working on.

Edited by AB Knight
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, crashmon said:

I should be able to attend this hopefully, like York as a town, but all depends if they put the London fixture at a time I can get to on the day.  Hopefully we won't be the 12:30 pick this year

York is a city

• Haha 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

15 hours ago, DEANO said:

York is a city

TBH when living in a city as large as London, even places like Leeds , Hull, Manchester look like towns in comparison.

And I'm not putting any northern cities down here, just the size of London is more a mega city.  Bit like Paris vs rest of French cities.

Edited by crashmon

12 minutes ago, crashmon said:

TBH when living in a city as large as London, even places like Leeds , Hull, Manchester look like towns in comparison.

And I'm not putting any northern cities down here, just the size of London is more a mega city.  Bit like Paris vs rest of French cities.

Yeah but London is made up of districts like any other cities even towns are.

7 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Yeah but London is made up of districts like any other cities even towns are.

So instead of being an individual ###### , it's a massive group of sheeeiteholes , no wonder I don't like it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So instead of being an individual ###### , it's a massive group of sheeeiteholes , no wonder I don't like it 

Like most cities, some parts are nice, and other parts are dire.

On the plus side if you include the greater London area, it has 334 train stations (not including underground stations).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_London_railway_stations

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, crashmon said:

On the plus side if you include the greater London area, it has 334 train stations (not including underground stations).

Like most towns then , some bits are nice , some are not 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, POR said:

And according to Viaplay Sports Betfred Championship fixtures only two games going to be shown'

May 27/28 Summer Bash – Toulouse v London & Featherstone v York (details to follow next week)

Well at thats saved me some money :)... Not going to travel all that way for a 60+ hammering

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 17:41, crashmon said:

Thats 334 more than some places in SL.

Whatever happened to levelling up?

On 12/11/2022 at 12:53, POR said:

And according to Viaplay Sports Betfred Championship fixtures only two games going to be shown'

May 27/28 Summer Bash – Toulouse v London & Featherstone v York (details to follow next week)

So just 2 out of 7 games to be shown ? 

Why bother with it at all ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/11/2022 at 12:53, POR said:

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

So just 2 out of 7 games to be shown ? 

Why bother with it at all ? 

The other Bash fixtures haven't been announced yet (even though the 'full' Championship fixtures were released this afternoon) and won't be until next Tuesday (15th) so not really surprising the full line up hasn't been published by Viaplay.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

1 minute ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The other Bash fixtures haven't been announced yet and won't be until next Tuesday (15th) so not really surprising the full line up hasn't been published by Viaplay.

Fair enough , we'll just have to see 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The other Bash fixtures haven't been announced yet (even though the 'full' Championship fixtures were released this afternoon) and won't be until next Tuesday (15th) so not really surprising the full line up hasn't been published by Viaplay.

True L but it seems silly for viaplay to publish two instead of keeping their powder dry and wait till full bash fixtures finalised can't see the point of just listing FEV and TO 

• Like 1

On 08/11/2022 at 20:11, Gav Wilson said:

All those things are true of York also, to be fair.

I'm 50-50 on York or Blackpool. I would look forward to both equally but for really really different reasons 

Anyway...York it is this year and looking forward to it 

Kids will do the Railway museum and Jorvik centre instead of the arcades and the beach 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Tolouse going to get served up by the new and improved 2023 Broncos.....come on London!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1