2023 Summer Bash is going to be...

On 16/11/2022 at 10:16, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I Had a quick look at prices for the Travelodge at Monks Cross yesterday and was surprised they were this low - non-refundable double room rates were Fri £94, Sat £130, Sun £94 plus ca£20 extra per night for breakfast or a flexible booking.

Week before rates are Fri £66, £89 and £49

That one is about 500 yds from the stadium with a pub and Taco Bell close by , other eaterys on the stadium doorstep plus Puttstars and Hollywood Bowl , no real need to stay in or go into town but if you must there is a bus every ten minutes.

If the club does get it's rear in gear there will be pop up street food and stuff.........if.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

Nowt to do with the location, more the dreadful timing of it with regard to hotel cost and availability:  I'm not made of money, I don't live in an affluent suburb of Wakefield like Fev fans do.

Lol,you obviously haven't been to Featherstone then. There shouldn't even be a summer bash imo can't see sense of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Lol,you obviously haven't been to Featherstone then. There shouldn't even be a summer bash imo can't see sense of it.

First time in Fev for me was 1984, where I was introduced to two concepts:

1. Sunday roast in a giant Yorkshire (absolute game changer) 

2. The locals' appreciation of mild sarcasm

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dave W said:

First time in Fev for me was 1984, where I was introduced to two concepts:

1. Sunday roast in a giant Yorkshire (absolute game changer) 

2. The locals' appreciation of mild sarcasm

Miners strike 1984 that changed Featherstone forever, and many more places. Yorkshire pudding ,can't beat em.  Glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 2

The stadium will look plenty full......the city is good to go for a day out / weekend away / loads of drinking establishments,,, not too far away for bulk of fans....its a good host Stadium/ city for the event. The only error is that York get the advantage of an extra home fixture. That's not strictly sporting fairness.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

The stadium will look plenty full......the city is good to go for a day out / weekend away / loads of drinking establishments,,, not too far away for bulk of fans....its a good host Stadium/ city for the event. The only error is that York get the advantage of an extra home fixture. That's not strictly sporting fairness.  

It is closer to the Yorkshire clubs of which there are plenty , so should see enough travelling to it , shame they all won't be on the TV , it was the Championships ' showcase ' 

• Like 1

On 13/11/2022 at 23:16, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm 50-50 on York or Blackpool. I would look forward to both equally but for really really different reasons 

Anyway...York it is this year and looking forward to it 

Kids will do the Railway museum and Jorvik centre instead of the arcades and the beach 

Edited by georgeb1
Incorrect

On 19/11/2022 at 02:19, Smudger06 said:

Well give Fev 12 points start lol 😂 

• Like 1

On 16/11/2022 at 10:16, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I Had a quick look at prices for the Travelodge at Monks Cross yesterday and was surprised they were this low - non-refundable double room rates were Fri £94, Sat £130, Sun £94 plus ca£20 extra per night for breakfast or a flexible booking.

Week before rates are Fri £66, £89 and £49

And you think this is reasonable? The last time my partner and I went to the bash in Blackpool it cost us £60 for two nights in a Hotel with a bar that didn't shut, 400 yards from the ground. You could walk out of Bloomfield Rd and be any one of a dozen different pubs and be back in the ground after a pint in 15 minutes. I have been going to Monks Cross for around 30 years and unfortunately it’s one of the least away fan friendly grounds, with very little infrastructure around it to entice me, and a   car or bus full of like minded fans to it, a family carvery, or Mcxxxx, ain't it. Honourable mention to the working mens club close by, but that's it near Monks Cross. 

14 hours ago, Hemi4561 said:

And you think this is reasonable? The last time my partner and I went to the bash in Blackpool it cost us £60 for two nights in a Hotel with a bar that didn't shut, 400 yards from the ground. You could walk out of Bloomfield Rd and be any one of a dozen different pubs and be back in the ground after a pint in 15 minutes. I have been going to Monks Cross for around 30 years and unfortunately it’s one of the least away fan friendly grounds, with very little infrastructure around it to entice me, and a   car or bus full of like minded fans to it, a family carvery, or Mcxxxx, ain't it. Honourable mention to the working mens club close by, but that's it near Monks Cross. 

I take it you haven't actually been to the new stadium then.

• Like 1

Nothing against York as an attraction but I thought the idea of a Summer Bash was to give Championship fans something different. What does holding it at York offer other than the chance to follow your team to the city twice in a season instead of once?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

I take it you haven't actually been to the new stadium then. 

No, the club I follow 90% of the time have not played York since they moved back.Have they moved the ground from the industrial/retail park to a place where their is an incredible amount of leisure opportunities, to suit most tastes and pockets, within a 10 minute walk? 

I have spent plenty of time in the city of York itself, enjoying all that it's got to offer, but if I am going to watch 2 days of Rugby then I will always pick Bloomfield Rd over Monks Cross, my choice. 

1 hour ago, Hemi4561 said:

No, the club I follow 90% of the time have not played York since they moved back.Have they moved the ground from the industrial/retail park to a place where their is an incredible amount of leisure opportunities, to suit most tastes and pockets, within a 10 minute walk? 

I have spent plenty of time in the city of York itself, enjoying all that it's got to offer, but if I am going to watch 2 days of Rugby then I will always pick Bloomfield Rd over Monks Cross, my choice. 

As it happens, they have.

Your opinion is completely worthless if you haven't even bothered visiting the gaff yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

As it happens, they have.

Your opinion is completely worthless if you haven't even bothered visiting the gaff yet.

My opinion is just that,as valid as anyone else's. Why would I  "visit" the "gaff"?, I don't go to retail parks, industrial parks,  Mcdonalds, Nandos,Leisure centres, generic carveries, bowling alleys, etc just to marvel at their design features, eat microwaved food, and drink insipid alcoholic beverages brewed in the millions of gallons by the mega brewing concerns. If that is what you want fine but it is not for me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

My opinion is just that,as valid as anyone else's. Why would I  "visit" the "gaff"?, I don't go to retail parks, industrial parks,  Mcdonalds, Nandos,Leisure centres, generic carveries, bowling alleys, etc just to marvel at their design features, eat microwaved food, and drink insipid alcoholic beverages brewed in the millions of gallons by the mega brewing concerns. If that is what you want fine but it is not for me. 

You're a real ale fan then ? 😉👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hemi4561 said:

You’ve somehow covered pretty much every base of entertainment and still it’s not yet enough until they build a spit and sawdust working men’s club on the car park? And I say that as someone who takes great pride in basing away games around arriving in the local town at 11am and not leaving before 6pm

2 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

You’ve somehow covered pretty much every base of entertainment and still it’s not yet enough until they build a spit and sawdust working men’s club on the car park? And I say that as someone who takes great pride in basing away games around arriving in the local town at 11am and not leaving before 6pm

That's my point, those type of things I don't find entertaining, others might. If my team end up playing YCK there then so will I be, but that will be a Rugby based decision and in no way related to the "entertainment" around the vicinity of the ground.