2023 Summer Bash is going to be...

On 19/11/2022 at 02:19, Smudger06 said:

The stadium will look plenty full......the city is good to go for a day out / weekend away / loads of drinking establishments,,, not too far away for bulk of fans....its a good host Stadium/ city for the event. The only error is that York get the advantage of an extra home fixture. That's not strictly sporting fairness.  

Neither is having the Summer Bash at all. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Hemi4561 said:

That's my point, those type of things I don't find entertaining, others might. If my team end up playing YCK there then so will I be, but that will be a Rugby based decision and in no way related to the "entertainment" around the vicinity of the ground. 

On 22/11/2022 at 21:03, Hemi4561 said:

And you think this is reasonable? The last time my partner and I went to the bash in Blackpool it cost us £60 for two nights in a Hotel with a bar that didn't shut, 400 yards from the ground. You could walk out of Bloomfield Rd and be any one of a dozen different pubs and be back in the ground after a pint in 15 minutes. I have been going to Monks Cross for around 30 years and unfortunately it’s one of the least away fan friendly grounds, with very little infrastructure around it to entice me, and a   car or bus full of like minded fans to it, a family carvery, or Mcxxxx, ain't it. Honourable mention to the working mens club close by, but that's it near Monks Cross. 

These two posts are a direct contradiction to each other. Maybe Summer Bash just isn't for you. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I've  just read Keighley are playing Bradford? If so, be prepared for the possibility of trouble.

Many people in Keighley hate - hate - Bradford. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of fighting, especially after a few hours on the beer. 

Don't be daft. 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

I've  just read Keighley are playing Bradford? If so, be prepared for the possibility of trouble.

Many people in Keighley hate - hate - Bradford. I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of fighting, especially after a few hours on the beer. 

Lovely stuff. Lets stick them in sumo suits and let them have at it on the pitch in between games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

19 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

Not sure of the last time you visited Cougar Park, but very rarely is there any crowd trouble. Yes there is a rivalry between the Cougars and the Bulls but my expectatons are that this will be banter only. I would be very suprised to see a bit of fightng other than on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Dovster said:

Not sure of the last time you visited Cougar Park, but very rarely is there any crowd trouble. Yes there is a rivalry between the Cougars and the Bulls but my expectatons are that this will be banter only. I would be very suprised to see a bit of fightng other than on the pitch.

There is not just friendly rivalry between Keighley and Bradford, many Keighley people actively hate all things Bradford. Trust me, I know. 

But I seriously hope that maybe this has mellowed and won't be an issue, which it probably won't on reflection. But I definitely wouldn't be surprised if something did happen, that's all. 👍🏻

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Haven’t Keighley and Bradford played each other several times over recent years?

Yes. As one off games maybe, in January or whatever. 

We aren't talking Leeds v Chelsea in the 80's here but I think a day on the beer in (potentially) the sun may bring out one or two idiots.  Hopefully I'm wrong. 

Just to clarify, I aren't talking about just rivalry here. Halifax for instance, many of their fans dislike Bradford as a team but that's where it stays, on the pitch. I'm talking about hating someone or something, like really. But let's forget it, I don't want to overdo it. Probably FA will happen.

16 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Yes. As one off games maybe, in January or whatever. 

We aren't talking Leeds v Chelsea in the 80's here but I think a day on the beer in (potentially) the sun may bring out one or two idiots.  Hopefully I'm wrong. 

Just to clarify, I aren't talking about just rivalry here. Halifax for instance, many of their fans dislike Bradford as a team but that's where it stays, on the pitch. I'm talking about hating someone or something, like really. But let's forget it, I don't want to overdo it. Probably FA will happen.

They were literally in the same division

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

Just to clarify, I aren't talking about just rivalry here. Halifax for instance, many of their fans dislike Bradford as a team but that's where it stays, on the pitch. I'm talking about hating someone or something, like really. 

Is it a jealousy thing?

Like the people from a depressed former mining town being jealous of the metropolitan city slickers from Bradford?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

Is it a jealousy thing?

Like the people from a depressed former mining town being jealous of the metropolitan city slickers from Bradford?

Not sure Keighley was a mining town but there were some small pits in the Bradford area, so it's not impossible. I'll leave it here as I'm being told that something I know to be true is apparently nonsense. There will probably be no bother, but if there was it would not be a huge shock to me. 

And as we know, there's never been a fight at a RL game. 

On 24/11/2022 at 12:05, Gav Wilson said:

These two posts are a direct contradiction to each other. Maybe Summer Bash just isn't for you. 

So you think.

Yes it is but never at Monks Cross. 

My opinions are my own, not  bought and paid for by a club. Your objectivity about York is on the same level as MG about Bradford, and JC about Keighley. 

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

We love out neighbours and are even playing them at PO Road on New Year's Eve 12 noon ko in a FRIENDLY 😉.

I can remember many a mid week evening at the posh penguin (?) watching the video of the previous Sundays game. If the rovers lost, they would often put on the video of fev nearing c@s😂 happy days. Loved meeting up for those FRIENDLY games😉

• Like 1

Just now, TheYoungBaron said:

I can remember many a mid week evening at the posh penguin (?) watching the video of the previous Sundays game. If the rovers lost, they would often put on the video of fev nearing c@s😂 happy days. Loved meeting up for those FRIENDLY games😉

beating! Not nearing; apologies for my fat fingers on the keyboard

• Haha 1