2023 Summer Bash is going to be...

Within the walled area York is magnificent. Outside it's quite ordinary and Monks Cross is right on the edge of the city and is essentially a large retail park much like you get all over the country.

I don't think York will be as popular a venue as Blackpool and I expect most fans will probably just travel on the day to see their own team.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As for the match-ups for the Bash, Matt Shaw reckons Fev will play York. That would leave some interesting decisions elsewhere...specifically for Toulouse. Back to playing London, or would it be a clash between the relegated team and last year's beaten finalists Batley, with the Bulldogs' local derby no longer a possibility?

That would make sense. Not sure it makes it right though. The games should be drawn from a hat IMO. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

I expect most fans will probably just travel on the day to see their own team.

You're probably right, unless we put on things to make people want to come to the stadium other than their club's game, which I'd like to think we will. If we don't then it deserves to fail.

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

4 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

York will be interesting too given the venue capacity

There can't have been more than a couple of thousand in Headingley at any point on the Sunday last year. Even allowing for York being a much nicer place to visit than Leeds, I doubt the capacity will be an issue.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JonM said:

There can't have been more than a couple of thousand in Headingley at any point on the Sunday last year. Even allowing for York being a much nicer place to visit than Leeds, I doubt the capacity will be an issue.

My point was rather the overall number. A ticket entitles you to stay the whole day

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

You're probably right, unless we put on things to make people want to come to the stadium other than their club's game, which I'd like to think we will. If we don't then it deserves to fail.

Be interested to hear your suggestions for entertaining (a low) several thousands or so fans during the hours while there are games on they have no interest in?

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep

On 09/11/2022 at 08:27, Harry Stottle said:

I didn't realise there were different degrees of having "home advantage" Eddie, would you care to explain what constitutes a "small" one.

Such as Castleford having a smaller pitch. Only matters when they win though.

22 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Be interested to hear your suggestions for entertaining (a low) several thousands or so fans during the hours while there are games on they have no interest in?

You can lead a horse to water but you can't drown the b_ _ _ _ _ d. 🤔

9 minutes ago, Bearman said:

2023 Summer Bash is going to be... A flop

Wrong location.

Has any visiting forum member had a welcome at York RL?

In my experience it is the most unwelcoming club in RL

Guess you won't be attending then😉

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

As for the match-ups for the Bash, Matt Shaw reckons Fev will play York.

Don’t know about other York fans but I’d prefer to play a club like Newcastle at a neutral ground (like last season), than play Fev on home turf. Kinda levels things up.

I’ve been to about 6 York-Fev matches and I’ve only seen us give them a game twice (and only one of those 2 games resulted in a win).

Edited by AB Knight

4 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Guess you won't be attending then😉

It’s an odd statement, we haven’t hosted Coventry at the LNER which is much better for fans than Bootham Crescent ever was.

We played Hurricanes in a friendly earlier this year, their directors said how welcoming it had been, 2 of them were even allowed to stand up and talk for 10 minutes about all things Midlands to those of us in hospitality.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

It’s an odd statement, we haven’t hosted Coventry at the LNER which is much better for fans than Bootham Crescent ever was.

We played Hurricanes in a friendly earlier this year, their directors said how welcoming it had been, 2 of them were even allowed to stand up and talk for 10 minutes about all things Midlands to those of us in hospitality.

I was a Director of Coventry. The first twice we played York we were completely ignored and were not spoken to by ANYONE associated to the club the whole day..

Then you went to Bootham and your stewards were awful to visiting fans( I accept they were not the RL clubs stewards but they were the face of York that we saw).The latter years were more welcoming to us DIRECTORS  but that was only because your CEO was an ex Cov Bears player and one of your big sponsors had been heavily involved with the Bears in our early years. Unfortunately, that welcome did not extend to our travelling supporters.

I too was there at that night at the LNER and you are right we were treated very well and I hope that it continues but as JF has been pushed out ( and that big sponsor tells me he is very disillusioned by the response of the new regime too)  I suspect its back to normal.

I hope I am wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

12 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I was a Director of Coventry. The first twice we played York we were completely ignored and were not spoken to by ANYONE associated to the club the whole day.

To be fair, the then owner of the club used to offer out York fans on social media AND in person, threaten to sue them as well as get arrested for abusing restaurant staff, so by not even been spoken to you were one of the lucky ones.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

17 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I was a Director of Coventry. The first twice we played York we were completely ignored and were not spoken to by ANYONE associated to the club the whole day..

Then you went to Bootham and your stewards were awful to visiting fans( I accept they were not the RL clubs stewards but they were the face of York that we saw).The latter years were more welcoming to us DIRECTORS  but that was only because your CEO was an ex Cov Bears player and one of your big sponsors had been heavily involved with the Bears in our early years. Unfortunately, that welcome did not extend to our travelling supporters.

I too was there at that night at the LNER and you are right we were treated very well and I hope that it continues but as JF has been pushed out ( and that big sponsor tells me he is very disillusioned by the response of the new regime too)  I suspect its back to normal.

I hope I am wrong.

That is sad to hear, I do hope you attend as a barrow fan both times this coming season as you will be more than welcome by our fans 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bearman said:

I hope I am wrong.

Was James Ford pushed out? I assumed he’d decided to leave as he was offered a SL job.